Speculations Is Wano Really Zoro’s Arc? The Difference Between a Broken Promise and an Unfulfilled Expectation.

Has Oda ever promised for Wano to be Zoro's arc?

• Yes

Votes: 16 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 85 69.1%
  • It was only foreshadowed

Votes: 22 17.9%

• Total voters
irrespective of what Zoro did in his own adventure, the arc has been moved forward without any significant effect on the main story.....

so, yeah...it is not "Zoro specific" arc.....but Zoro is major player in this arc....he will have a major role that will turn the situation potentially in the allies favor...he may becomes MVP of the arc just like Usopp in dressrosa or like Brook in WCI....but it doesn't mean that it is his arc.....Wano is not just land of samurai...it has pirates also....
No Zoro's own adventures definitely afected the main plot. Like the princess's would be dead by now and Killer wouldn't have met up with Kid and the debacle in the flower capital wouldn't have happened and Enma wouldn't be a plot point.

I mean surely if Zoro got the Robin treatment of just periodically appearing in like two chapters and barely doing anything, the current story would not look the same.

G

Gran D. Master

This is the most foolish and ludicrous statement I have read on this forum. Since when did being one of the more significant characters in a given arc had anything to do with “doing the second biggest amount of damage” to the big bad? Wut?
Since the entire purpose of this arc has always been "we're here to kill Kaido!"

H

Haoshoku

Since the entire purpose of this arc has always been "we're here to kill Kaido!"
Wano is more than just Kaido, if you think its solely about Kaido you haven’t been paying any attention whatsoever, which seems to be the case since you have been spewing nonsense left and right.

The purpose of the arc is to open Wano’s borders and get rid of both Kaido and Orochi, this has been pretty clear;

It goes all the way back to what Oden originally wanted:
Kaido is sharing the floor with Orochi, whom Zoro has already shown deep disdain towards as a result of what he has done to characters Zoro has formed relationships with, those characters namely being Toko, Yasu and Hiyori. This ain’t even getting into the Ryuma parallels, Shunsui, Enma etc, like I don’t get how you can sit there and claim this isn’t an arc of significance Zoro and his character. Yet your reason as to why it isn’t “he won’t do the second biggest amount of damage to Kaido”.

Sometimes some of yall get so sucked into the powerscaling and fighting aspect of the series that yall forget that there is more to narrative than just that. Taking a deep dive into that has led to not being able to tell what character relevance in a given arc means and what it doesn’t mean, leading to abhorrent takes like the one you made.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Wano is more than just Kaido, if you think its solely about Kaido you haven’t been paying any attention whatsoever, which seems to be the case since you have been spewing nonsense left and right.

The purpose of the arc is to open Wano’s borders and get rid of both Kaido and Orochi, this has been pretty clear;

Kaido is sharing the floor with Orochi, whom Zoro has already shown deep disdain towards as a result of what he has done to characters Zoro has formed relationships with, those characters namely being Toko, Yasu and Hiyori. This ain’t even getting into the Ryuma parallels, Shunsui, Enma etc, like I don’t get how you can sit there and claim this isn’t an arc of significance Zoro and his character. Yet your reason as to why it isn’t “he won’t do the second biggest amount of damage to Kaido”.

Sometimes some of yall get so sucked into the powerscaling and fighting aspect of the series that yall forget that there is more to narrative than just that. Taking a deep dive into that has led to not being able to tell what character relevance in a given arc means and what it doesn’t mean, leading to abhorrent takes like the one you made.
Exactly. Opening wanos borders is the end of kozuki odens story and dream.
His will and dream has been passed on through his scabbards his children and his swords.
Both his swords will be used to free wano from the respective tryrant.

When momonosuke is ready the ame no habikiri is there for him to cut down orochi.
It is after all the snake slayer sword the sword literally famed in japan for slaying the yamata no orochi.

Zoro will also use enma to help beat kaido.

G

Gran D. Master

I will return to you when Wano ends and all the community is going to talk about is the fights that took place and who fought and did what against Kaido
:pepelit:

Enis Lobby was literally built around saving Robin but go off I guess.
You realise I'm making fun of the argument that the only thing that matters is who does the most damage to Kaido apart from Luffy, right?

And the idea we need Oda to make a big announcement before every arc about who the important characters will be, when he's only really done that with the ill-advised Year of Sanji comment?

I do believe that this will be zoro's arc meaning his background will be revealed. And that is what it means with zoro's arc and not zoro leading or zoro fighting 1245372 guys or whatever. One piece was always first and foremost about the story, sure, in the firsf half of the grandline there were nearly always a 1 vs 1 fight for every strawhat member and zoro had always one of the coolest fights but... the story still overweight. And now because there are too many characters and plot points, oda can't draw that much fighting, it costs too much time.

Btw, I believe that zoro is the heir to the shimotsuki clan as the son of shimotsuki ushimaru and that roronoa was the name of his mother, which was probably an irrelevant servant girl. So no one knows about the name roronoa. It is likely that ushimaru send her far away to shimotsuki village, because of kaido and orochi, so that they would be safe.

And folks here you have it, in his uprising, ushimaru lost against king and was killed by him, so he will "avenge" his father (zoro doesn't fight for revenge) by defeating king.

Extra:

Prediction 1: Probably onimaru will join the strawhats because zoro is the son of his late master.

Prediction 2: The one whom hitetsu awaits is zoro, because nidai kitetsu was in the possesion of ushimaru and he wants to give it to the legitimate succesor of him, who is unbeknown to him zoro.
So he will "upgrade" his swords by replacing the sandai kitetsu with the nidai kitetsu.

Prediction 3: Zoro will be acknowledged as a legitimate shimotsuki and descendant of ryuma, additionally he will be a hero in wano, as the one who brought back shusui

Prediction 4: Hiyori will join the strawhats, primarily because of zoro, well you know why 😉 and secondly to fullfil toki's mission, to assist "joyboy" aka luffy.

Prediction 5: Some of the scabbards (likely ashura douji) and samurai will join the strawhat fleet, because they will be mesmerized by zoro's swordmanship.

So, as you can see, wano will become zoro's arc.

Well, that is, if a few or all of those predictions come true ( I believe that atleast a few of them will absolutely happen).

You countered nothing with your Two-Piece lol. We can clearly see Zoro isn't important compare to many looking at all the points and just playing smaller role compare to others who be facing Kaido in the long run. He was given sword so not to take Shusui, not because he earned the right for it, so Idk what you mean there. Even Kappa and others didn't want him to take it when it happen. So Zoro didn't earned it unlike Momo who has his father sword and having sword doesn't mean you go after Kaido or he beat him. That is stupid notion Zoro-Fans bring up to force interaction when Zoro is going after Orochi at end of the day with nothing to do about wanting Kaido to himself or anything.

Stop with your dumb headcannons already and be serious when trying to hold up argument, Kid. Using fantasies doesn't make your points right.
I showed Zoro connection to Wano and important and what do you do, ignore like always. Then call my post headcanon.
Zoro is

Do you think Hiyori would have given her father's sword to just anyone. He already impressed her after they first met. Kappa was hesitant of Zoro receiving the sword at first but he didn't know his history. That changed when he observed Zoro skills with the sword for the first time.

The thing is Wano era is not over so and Zoro is still getting recognition.

I showed Zoro connection to Wano and important and what do you do, ignore like always. Then call my post headcanon.
Zoro is

Do you think Hiyori would have given her father's sword to just anyone. He already impressed her after they first met. Kappa was hesitant of Zoro receiving the sword at first but he didn't know his history. That changed when he observed Zoro skills with the sword for the first time.

The thing is Wano era is not over so and Zoro is still getting recognition.
He not important compare to many others who been shown more spotlight over him a lot more. Zoro is just being more background than truly all about him. Flashback we just came out of pushes more he has nothing much of a role about this as you try to push.

Yes she would. Even Scabbards didn't like giving it to Zoro since he didn't earn nor deserve it as you can see by expression of Kappa as one of them and others later. They respect Oden highly and wouldn't give it to anyone and Zoro was bargain to not take it over Shusui not because everyone accepted him to have it. Get your facts straight and your headcannons out of your post.

He have his due, but not in way many overhype about as so far it had opposite effect than positive on Zoro. He do something, but not at same level as Luffy and many others will still outshine him in the end.