Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Most likely on the thousand Sunny after Wano:
Luffy
Yamato: already asked Luffy to join
Marco: can see Luffy ask him just like he did with Jinbe
Momo: important for the story by him being an ancient Weapon and should know about the real history just like his dad.
four mythical Zoans

Following this logic it's already bizarre that Luffy awakened G5 under a full moon and has powered down and fallen asleep before the sunrise.

But yea this is the kind of projection I'm talking about. Morj does this a lot too, where he gets an idea in his head for how everything needs to play out and then he starts building other predictions on top of that to the point where the headcanon becomes so far from the story and the story seems to be all wrong. For example Momo has to lift Onigashima while it's on top of the flower capital, Kaidou needs to beat Luffy in front of everyone, the sun has to rise at the end of the raid, Momo has to open the borders of Wano during this arc, etc etc. None of it actually has to happen.

I mean, have we considered that Oda doesn't want to end Wano arc with a dawn because the final war will end with the dawn and he doesn't want to be redundant?
Not really lol, I'm not being as stubborn as him.
I'm open to both the possibilities and just saying to not count out the option of the borders somehow opening at the end of this arc itself

I mean, have we considered that Oda doesn't want to end Wano arc with a dawn because the final war will end with the dawn and he doesn't want to be redundant?
No, this is stupid lol. Oda loves doing the same thing multiple times but with a different context. Also literally the entire arc built up to this dawn moment.

I don't understand this shit like "oh you're actually stupid for noticing how the story goes and what's been foreshadowed. Who's to say Oda won't have Akainu die from farting too hard?" Like. Because we've read a thousand chapters of this shit and we know how Oda writes. He is all setup, tease, and payoff. He's not setup, distraction, some other shit, and then nothing.
Post automatically merged:

Most likely on the thousand Sunny after Wano:
Luffy
Yamato: already asked Luffy to join
Marco: can see Luffy ask him just like he did with Jinbe
Momo: important for the story by him being an ancient Weapon and should know about the real history just like his dad.
four mythical Zoans
Yamato: Luffy already got upset when she asked to join and didn't accept the idea.

Marco: zero reason to join, crew already has a doctor, no personality or sense of humor so is a bad fit for the crew.

Momo: if you have read any single chapter of wano you should know why Momo won't join. The entire reason for this character to exist is to be shogun of wano, there is no other reason for him to be there. Luffy already has voice of all things. Momo can't read poneglyphs or carve seastone. He offers absolutely nothing to the crew and has zero interest in laugh tale.

You know who actually does have a reason to go and a character arc that specifically has to end with going out to sea as a pirate?

Tama.

Not really lol, I'm not being as stubborn as him.
I'm open to both the possibilities and just saying to not count out the option of the borders somehow opening at the end of this arc itself
I'm open to it, but I just don't see it as a necessity. To me borders opening later makes way more sense. The Wano arc is about the last 20 years not the last 800.

No, this is stupid lol. Oda loves doing the same thing multiple times but with a different context. Also literally the entire arc built up to this dawn moment.
Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. His tendency for pattern isn't inherently predictive.

I don't understand this shit like "oh you're actually stupid for noticing how the story goes and what's been foreshadowed. Who's to say Oda won't have Akainu die from farting too hard?" Like. Because we've read a thousand chapters of this shit and we know how Oda writes. He is all setup, tease, and payoff. He's not setup, distraction, some other shit, and then nothing.
Morj made a similar strawman to this in a recent video, and I have the same reaction to you saying this as I had to him. If it were as simple as you've read chapters and noticed patterns and now you understand how Oda writes, you'd predict every plot point and never be wrong. But it's not a science, and you should be learning that lesson in real time over the next couple weeks.

Sometimes you think the story is foreshadowing one thing, and it's actually setting up something else for another time and another place. Sometimes patterns change and sometimes the patterns we thought we saw were just coincidence. Sometimes you have a decent theory and it's just not correct. Sometimes you just don't know where the story is going because you don't understand it as well as you thought you did.