Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Not compared to what will happen in the endgame.

After this arc we are looking at power shifts and vacuums in the pirate world. Warlord system is over, two emperors defeated, Blackbeard and Shanks making their moves, etc etc. But the fundamental structure of the world is still the same. The World Government reigns, Fishmen and Minks are still segregated from everyone else, the Ancient Kingdom is still forbidden knowledge, and there is no Pirate King. Wano will open it's borders when we start seeing those fundamental structures change near the end of the story.

That is my guess because Wano opening it's borders right now serves no dramatic purpose. Is the arc going to end with Momo announcing that Wano is now open to immigration and then the Strawhats leave? Who would they even be opening their borders to? The marines? Are the Minks just gonna hang out in Wano while the rest of the world remains segregated? Are the people of Wano going to start visiting other nations under WG control? What will they do there? What does that do for the story?

I believe that when Wano opens it's borders it's going to be to unite with others and re-establish the Ancient Kingdom. Wano opening it's borders belongs with the destruction of Fishman Island and the end of Zunesha's journey. It's bring the dawn endgame shit.
Valid points. But how would you answer these questions-

1) Why was a creature of Zunisha's size sentnced to roam the seas for centuries only to reach Wano today of all days?

2) With Kaido and BM being presumed as defeated now, what thematic purpose would the dawn breaking on Wano serve now? If it wasn't deemed a necessity to coincide with the defeat of the 2 Yonko, what else would exceed the thematic relevance to warrant a scene as important as that?

For Zkk, Raid will fail, Mr Morj, and all the other copers. Kaido and Oda have something for you.
Take your L :

Thick mainstream dumbass. You'll be wrong as 99% of morons here when they said zoro would never get ADVCOC, and just couple of chapters after luffy got it, zoro got it too i was laughing my ass of. Morons will always be morons. Just wait whe Laido gets up with Big Meme

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
With Kaido defeated and Wano wrapping up, do you guys think we’ll find out who is Yamato’s mom?

it feels weird that it’s not addressed but seeing how Oda gave no shit about Kaido’s backstory I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get elaborated on
The only answer we have to this day as to whom Luffy's mother is, is a fucking meme saying it's Crocodile.

Imagine Yamato.
:suresure:

Valid points. But how would you answer these questions-

1) Why was a creature of Zunisha's size sentnced to roam the seas for centuries only to reach Wano today of all days?

2) With Kaido and BM being presumed as defeated now, what thematic purpose would the dawn breaking on Wano serve now? If it wasn't deemed a necessity to coincide with the defeat of the 2 Yonko, what else would exceed the thematic relevance to warrant a scene as important as that?
1.) Probably because he felt Joyboy getting ready to awaken or something, or that he made an agreement with Momonosuke. But really the narrative reason is that Oda is setting up something that will pay off later. Reopening Wano is tied to Zunesha, and Zunesha is tied to the void century. Not sure why he was originally sentenced. I don't think we are ready to learn that yet, but we will learn it before Wano opens it's borders.

2.) I don't really understand the question. I'm saying that "the dawn" that the world is waiting for isn't now. The defeat of 2 Yokou is going to seem like small potatos when we get to the final war.

Last edited:
1.) Probably because he felt Joyboy getting ready to awaken or something, or that he made an agreement with Momonosuke. But really the narrative reason is that Oda is setting up something that will pay off later. Reopening Wano is tied to Zunesha, and Zunesha is tied to the void century.

2.) I don't really understand the question. I'm saying that "the dawn" that the world is waiting for isn't now. The defeat of 2 Yokou is going to seem like small potatos when we get to the final war.
By 2.), I mean the scene where we are going to see the sun rise over Wano after a few hours from now (and the volcanic plumes getting cleared from the sky).

Scenes especially like the sky clearing up/break of dawn are associated alongside some significant conclusive event in the arc

If we are indeed done with everything significant there was to this arc (for now) , then that scene would be reserved for....... Zunisha wiping out a measly WG fleet full of fodders in one fell swoop?

Last edited:
G

Gorosei Informer

its higurashi
@Ghostly Reflections will be mad at me now lol

:seriously:

Anyone who unironically believes that Kaido clapped the cheeks of an extremely old witch, is worse than Morj and KOL in takes.

He also then killed Yamatos mother later for interfering with their duel? If she even was Yamatos mother, then it would have been mentioned by now FFS.

This is like Ugly Bastard being an overwhelmingly popular hentai genre/tag.

The joke/theory of Crocodile being Luffys mom or Dragon impregnating himself with Ivankovs DF helping are probably unironically better than this too lmao.

It's a bit like people think Denjiro x Hiyori is a thing or that Streusen is Perosperos father. The latter is possible especially but if it is true, I rather not know ever. Perospero does resemble him which makes it much worse.

:beckmoji::whitepress::kaidowhat::odenugh:

A

AverageNamiEnjoyer

:seriously:

Anyone who unironically believes that Kaido clapped an extremely old witch , is worse than Morj and KOL in takes.
This is like Ugly Bastard being an overwhelmingly popular hentai genre/tag.

The joke/theory of Crocodile being Luffys mom or Dragon impregnating himself with Ivankovs DF helping are probably unironically better than this too lmao.

:beckmoji::whitepress::kaidowhat::odenugh:
Denial

G

Gorosei Informer

With Kaido defeated and Wano wrapping up, do you guys think we’ll find out who is Yamato’s mom?

it feels weird that it’s not addressed but seeing how Oda gave no shit about Kaido’s backstory I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get elaborated on
Oda hates women and especially mothers by far so I doubt it unfortunately.
Even Luffys mother feels like a lost cause now. Definitely other SHs unrevealed mothers too.
Post automatically merged:

No I'm just not retarded and or sick in the head.