Rate this chapter

• Total voters
  • I don't quite understand this obsession with Bajrang Gun being a punch. Almost all of Luffy's finishers are a punch in one way or another as his fist is his best move. Truly Garp's grandson. Luffy bragged to Shanks that his punch was as strong as a pistol. A kick would be called Bajrang Axe. A headbutt or throw is another weapon. Gomu Gomu no Thunder as a finisher says the bolt in the sky is more Yonko-level than Luffy. In the battle where Luffy finally equals/surpasses Shanks, I think it's wonderful that Luffy can now brag that his punch is a gun strong enough to knock out a Yonko.

• And yeah, the cartoony part of this is that Kaido left behind a comical coiled dragon-shaped hole. Look at the ground gaps in the surface and how they completely disappear as you follow Kaido's body to the bottom part of this panel. This nonsense is only possible because of Gear 5.

• Nekomamushi getting to announce Luffy's victory is lovely. He's the one who announced Oden's victory for completing the 1 hour challenge, and we know how horribly that turned out. Inu blamed him for provoking Kaido and Orochi, leading to Oden's death, and that's how Zou became divided between two kings. Not this time.

• If Luffy vs Kaido is a battle between a Monkey God and a Dragon God, then this whole conflict can be seen as an Olympian epic with Nika Luffy as the thunderbolt-weilding Zeus, Kid and Law as Zeus's brothers, overthrowing the Titans or the previous rulers Big Mom and Kaido, banishing them into Tartarus = the underworld prison where the wicked receive their divine punishment.

This is just amazing to look at. Sure, Wano after two Yonko battles doesn't look like Punk Hazard, but the destruction still has to be admired. Luffy could have clobbered Onigashima into rubble, but it's way more impactful how tiny Onigashima looks compared to the massive hole Kaido and Big Mom fell into. Over ten times the depth Doflamingo fell into which just exposed the secret underground port. It's nothing but solid bedrock all the way down with a total length that exceeds the width of Wano's massive main island, and naturally the impact leads to an earthquake and volcanic eruption. Devastating but beautiful.

So the Vivre Card left Yasuie's DF section blank just like it left Zoro's CoC section blank. Naturally that led people to assume ol' Yasu was faking the entire time because the Vivre Card didn't spoil key information. Some may be upset, but I feel it adds to his tragedy.

Yasu is the noble who made the decision to descend to the level of the downtrodden. He gave up wealth, power, status, even his own emotions to help some of the folks suffering worst in Orochi's Wano: the shantytown residents of Ebisu. He didn't have to do this, Yasu could have easily bent the knee like Kyoshiro and kept it all. It was his choice. Yasu wanted to be a constant presence in Ebisu and other slums he visited without wearing a mask like Kyoshiro. Someone who could give these people company, help them survive, to cheer them up, keep them from killing themselves. This makes Yasu's decision so much more powerful. He ate the Smile because he didn't want to fake his suffering. Yasu had to be as poor and cursed as the rest so he could show them how to live and therefore save them.

In an arc full of samurai willing to throw away their lives in the name of honor, it's nice that Yasu shows us Bushido can have a different path. If you die a pointless death, it's not honorable because you said so. That is determined by those around you who live to see the consequences. It's why Oda had to spare Kiku and Kine'mon, telling Usopp to go away and let them die, from what would have been very selfish and suicidal deaths. Yasu died to give the alliance another chance. Pedro died to the let the Strawhats escape and fight another day. Oden died to give Wano hope and open a path to the literal future where Momo and some Scabbards jumped. These weren't pointless deaths fighting Kaido. They died to let others live. That's how you earn honor. How people remember your name. That's when children like Toko can learn to be grateful rather than heartbroken after you're gone.

Rereading the last three chapters gives totally the feel that this is really the end of the battle.

Kaido remembering what he have said to King that Joy Boy would be the one to defeat hum and Luffy talking about giving food to his friends, connecting with the start of the Arc, was enought confirmation of Kaido defeat.

But the scene last chapter of Toko and the message behind it seem to me to mark the end, after such a beutifull message would be a ultimate shit to just restart the fight because of no reason, the plot of the sacrifice of the Samurai to give a future to Wano is done.

Some readers like the Mr.Morj minions and the ZKK guys should just go read DBZ Super where u dont need a brain to get the message behind the themes of the story, as there's no message at all, just fights and powerscaling.

Entire Luffy vs Kaido fight was very anticlimactic for me.

example Sanji and Zoro when they used their power ups against Kaku and Jabra and won, it hyped up that battle for Luffy against someone that Oda clearly made it seem that Lucci was about twice as strong as Kaku and Jabra and Luffy when he started using his power up had to struggle using it unlike Sanji and Zoro when they used their power ups their opponents were immediately defeated. Like even when Luffy got G2 you felt like he was still not going to win or really struggled and when Lucci did his strongest attacks Luffy got flashbacks of why he got so pissed that his crewmember was going to get killed that he unleashed a powerful attack on his own that you felt the raw emotion of the main character and the results of it defeating the antagonist of that Arc made it all the more satisfying and the victory that much enjoyable.

Wano I was expecting the same but pretty much Kaku and Jabras roles were no different to what King and Queens roles were for Zoro and Sanji when they received their new power ups again, so I am starting to see a similar flaws here because i want Sanji and Zoro to atleast look like they are struggling even with their new power ups not like ohh i just got it, now my opponent is immediately defeated. Now the disappointing part was Luffy fighting Kaido.

1. It sort of ruins it for me that you are given so many chances and got KO'd so many damn times because it makes it look like the antagonist wants you to win than to go kill you than the rest of your crew.

2. Flashbacks of kaido when about to get defeated makes him look like he was a cool chill dude so now your making it seem we should feel bad for the main antagonist getting defeated. Lucci had a strong resolve in what he was doing in becoming the antagonist making him look irredeemable that he had to be stopped.

3. A flying giant punch that lasted like in 3 manga chapters made it seem boring along with the resolve of i just dont want my friends to starve and the way Kaido was asking the question makes it look like he was looking forward to getting defeated than trying to struggle or put up a fight.

4. Kaido when of course KO'd Luffy a bunch of times makes it seem that he was on a league of his own and that anything G4 or lower would not work but when G5 was reached its like you cant tell if Luffy was struggling against Kaido or not but rather that kaido was struggling against G5 whos was treating him like a joke like using his body as jump rope and smacking his head repeatedly against the ground, reflected his blast lifting the ground, expanded in his stomach and pulled his eyes, turns into giant, gets smacked with Kaido's mace and his entire body or head became the shape of the mace, when smacked to the ground the ground become rubber absorbing the impact, getting boro blasted and shooting his lightning made kaidos attacks look like jokes. like when lucci and luffy fought in base forms lucci appeared to slightly have the upperhand, when one did G2 and the other did zoan form lucci still looked like he slightly had the upperhand but some inside strength within the MC made him give it his all before collapsing because of his friendship to a crew member and made the antagonist feel his wrath and turn the tables made it seem he overcame a very strong opponent while barely surviving at all in the process.

i expected the same epicness from kaidos fight like his fight with Lucci but i will no longer have my hopes up if they fight the blackbeard pirates in the end assuming that's what looks like will happen.

• I don't quite understand this obsession with Bajrang Gun being a punch. Almost all of Luffy's finishers are a punch in one way or another as his fist is his best move. Truly Garp's grandson. Luffy bragged to Shanks that his punch was as strong as a pistol. A kick would be called Bajrang Axe. A headbutt or throw is another weapon. Gomu Gomu no Thunder as a finisher says the bolt in the sky is more Yonko-level than Luffy. In the battle where Luffy finally equals/surpasses Shanks, I think it's wonderful that Luffy can now brag that his punch is a gun strong enough to knock out a Yonko.

• And yeah, the cartoony part of this is that Kaido left behind a comical coiled dragon-shaped hole. Look at the ground gaps in the surface and how they completely disappear as you follow Kaido's body to the bottom part of this panel. This nonsense is only possible because of Gear 5.

• Nekomamushi getting to announce Luffy's victory is lovely. He's the one who announced Oden's victory for completing the 1 hour challenge, and we know how horribly that turned out. Inu blamed him for provoking Kaido and Orochi, leading to Oden's death, and that's how Zou became divided between two kings. Not this time.

• If Luffy vs Kaido is a battle between a Monkey God and a Dragon God, then this whole conflict can be seen as an Olympian epic with Nika Luffy as the thunderbolt-weilding Zeus, Kid and Law as Zeus's brothers, overthrowing the Titans or the previous rulers Big Mom and Kaido, banishing them into Tartarus = the underworld prison where the wicked receive their divine punishment.

This is just amazing to look at. Sure, Wano after two Yonko battles doesn't look like Punk Hazard, but the destruction still has to be admired. Luffy could have clobbered Onigashima into rubble, but it's way more impactful how tiny Onigashima looks compared to the massive hole Kaido and Big Mom fell into. Over ten times the depth Doflamingo fell into which just exposed the secret underground port. It's nothing but solid bedrock all the way down with a total length that exceeds the width of Wano's massive main island, and naturally the impact leads to an earthquake and volcanic eruption. Devastating but beautiful.

So the Vivre Card left Yasuie's DF section blank just like it left Zoro's CoC section blank. Naturally that led people to assume ol' Yasu was faking the entire time because the Vivre Card didn't spoil key information. Some may be upset, but I feel it adds to his tragedy.

Yasu is the noble who made the decision to descend to the level of the downtrodden. He gave up wealth, power, status, even his own emotions to help some of the folks suffering worst in Orochi's Wano: the shantytown residents of Ebisu. He didn't have to do this, Yasu could have easily bent the knee like Kyoshiro and kept it all. It was his choice. Yasu wanted to be a constant presence in Ebisu and other slums he visited without wearing a mask like Kyoshiro. Someone who could give these people company, help them survive, to cheer them up, keep them from killing themselves. This makes Yasu's decision so much more powerful. He ate the Smile because he didn't want to fake his suffering. Yasu had to be as poor and cursed as the rest so he could show them how to live and therefore save them.

In an arc full of samurai willing to throw away their lives in the name of honor, it's nice that Yasu shows us Bushido can have a different path. If you die a pointless death, it's not honorable because you said so. That is determined by those around you who live to see the consequences. It's why Oda had to spare Kiku and Kine'mon, telling Usopp to go away and let them die, from what would have been very selfish and suicidal deaths. Yasu died to give the alliance another chance. Pedro died to the let the Strawhats escape and fight another day. Oden died to give Wano hope and open a path to the literal future where Momo and some Scabbards jumped. These weren't pointless deaths fighting Kaido. They died to let others live. That's how you earn honor. How people remember your name. That's when children like Toko can learn to be grateful rather than heartbroken after you're gone.
This is beautifully put. Props to u