Smoothie

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
They are absolutely bonkers.

In the japanese original Yamato actually uses a lot of the pronouns that even BM uses for herself (gender-neutral pronouns that a lot of tomboy girls use).

The western translators made a shitshow out of this by using male pronouns to fit their agenda.
And it's pride month. Expect that shit to get worse. :ihaha:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Get that some of y'all are excited about the prospect of Yamato joining with this chapter and prolly already think it's a done deal but as with errting this arc, temper your expectations or are u're gonna end up with egg on ur face. Can already see people shouting "Oda's lost the plot" if tings don't go their way in the next few chapters.

Yamato being so adamant about joining the SHs is goofy asf. It's like Oda's literally going out of his way to convince you that she will join the SHs which is not really the way he usually writes, so I'd view that with a grain of salt if I were you. Moreover, her coming to tell the SHs here that she will join might seem like a done deal but the reality is that it doesn't mean anything with Luffy not being present. Why did Oda leave Luffy out of this scene? but anyways I digress...
PuckNotTheGoat.
:lusalty:

jk.

also women sometimes still use boku wa/ore wa. like big mom uses male pronouns is she a man??
I don't think that's the argument. It's the fact that Oda is contradicting himself and trying to play both angles. Narration box introduced Yamato as Kaido's daughter. Yet Kaido has only referred to Yamato as Son. Yet Kaido ALSO has told her parading as Oden is ridiculous as he has tried to kill her.

I still refer to Yamato as "her" because Yamato keeps saying "As" Kozuki Oden. She has not "transitioned" as wanting to be a man with purpose, she's just emulating her idol.

On the flipside, I say Kiku is "she" because she has come out and said she's always had the heart of a maiden and purposefully has done so.

Anyway, don't want to get into gender politics. Let people be what they want. I'm just not seeing why this matters to Yamato. It does to Kiku. Not Yamato. And this is Oda's fault for not really highlighting that she's just emulating someone she adores. If Oden was replaced with Toki, Yamato would still be a she is my point.

But in the end, who fucking cares, let Redon/Lance says he. Let anyone else say she. There is no agenda with this character.

I don't think that's the argument. It's the fact that Oda is contradicting himself and trying to play both angles. Narration box introduced Yamato as Kaido's daughter. Yet Kaido has only referred to Yamato as Son. Yet Kaido ALSO has told her parading as Oden is ridiculous as he has tried to kill her.

I still refer to Yamato as "her" because Yamato keeps saying "As" Kozuki Oden. She has not "transitioned" as wanting to be a man with purpose, she's just emulating her idol.

On the flipside, I say Kiku is "she" because she has come out and said she's always had the heart of a maiden and purposefully has done so.

Anyway, don't want to get into gender politics. Let people be what they want. I'm just not seeing why this matters to Yamato. It does to Kiku. Not Yamato. And this is Oda's fault for not really highlighting that she's just emulating someone she adores. If Oden was replaced with Toki, Yamato would still be a she is my point.

But in the end, who fucking cares, let Redon/Lance says he. Let anyone else say she. There is no agenda with this character.
yeah. like ive said before theres a big difference between someone saying "im a man at heart and want to live as a man" and saying "im dwayne the rock johnson please call me the rock". you can call yamato whatever but its very strange to make this out to be a gender identity thing and not the equivalent of the Three Christs of Ypsilanti guys who go crazy and believe theyre jesus

So if Momo spent all of his time before the raid training how to use a sword so he could use it in the war, would Momo really be given ame no habakiri only for him to not use it in said war? Seems pretty suspicious among us.

2 weeks later jay like

im seeing a lot of toxicity in the one piece community. these toxically positive fans are just so hostile and rude, you don't need to insult people you know? it's just a difference of opinion, there's no need to be loud or hateful to people for having an opinion. you see, im one of the most polite and mild mannered people in the community and never talk shit, so why are people always after me? i think we all need to take a look at ourselves in the mirror and calm down.
Lmao "I didn't mean it like that"

B

Ballel

I know

Deep down i know :pepehands:
Get that some of y'all are excited about the prospect of Yamato joining with this chapter and prolly already think it's a done deal but as with errting this arc, temper your expectations or are u're gonna end up with egg on ur face. Can already see people shouting "Oda's lost the plot" if tings don't go their way in the next few chapters.

Yamato being so adamant about joining the SHs is goofy asf. It's like Oda's literally going out of his way to convince you that she will join the SHs which is not really the way he usually writes, so I'd view that with a grain of salt if I were you. Moreover, her coming to tell the SHs here that she will join might seem like a done deal but the reality is that it doesn't mean anything with Luffy not being present. Why did Oda leave Luffy out of this scene? but anyways I digress...

Status
Not open for further replies.