Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

N

NeutralWatcher

I hope he does get some training under different coaches. I just don't see it from the trainers of direct compitition. Maybe some retired boxers/coaches could give him some tips.
I think Kamogawa method is rushing forward. To be able to compete in world stage I think Ippo needs to be hybrid too. His old style caused him to get punched a lot which led to his retirement.

N

NeutralWatcher

Chapter 1292 is out for Purtugese Version

https://toonei.com/manga/hajime-no-ippo/213610/capitulo-1292#/

From sstt1122 in Dynamite Glove Forum

Mind to join the discussion? You are Hajime no Ippo fans too. @Jack

Edit:

Someone posted this on reddit

Trying to translate:

Kumi didnt like that Ippo is going to Mexico because she thinks Ippo seeing Sendo's fight could lead him back to the ring. But Ippo says he's going to study;

Aokimura, Itagaki and Takamura are talking about the same thing and wondering what could be the "obligations" that Takamura said earlier. But Taka says that they shouldnt worry about it and that they should worry about Ippo getting shot in Mexico;

On the airport, Ippo is waiting for someone to pick him up and end up involved in some misunderstanding where a woman (or a shemale?) thinks he stole his bag. Ippo is chased, but Scamaras showed up and save him. Now Ippo is the third Scamaras brother;

He get to Sendo's gym using the mask and Sendo hits him, yelling to stop joking around because his fight is near.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NeutralWatcher

Hilarious chapter. Long live Dekamaras :suresure:
Ippo joins Sendo gym. Can you imagine Ippo on Sendo's corner in Sendo vs Alfredo? :finally::finally::finally:

I hope this will not turn into Rocky 4 where Alfredo destroys Sendo and Ippo trains in foreign country Mexico to get revenge.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Ippo joins Sendo gym. Can you imagine Ippo on Sendo's corner in Sendo vs Alfredo? :finally::finally::finally:

I hope this will not turn into Rocky 4 where Alfredo destroys Sendo and Ippo trains in foreign country Mexico to get revenge.
Ippo getting to be a second in a world class fight would open his eyes even more towards coming back. I can't really predict how the fight is going to go, but if Sendo beats Alf, imagine how that would light a fire in Ippo.

Also, Ippo needs to have the conversation with Kumi about her being suffocating with being anti-boxing. It's understandable that she's worried about the person she loves, but there's a fine line between being worried and being controlling. The story seems to be setting up the stage for that situation to explode when he decides to come back.

I forgot to mention that I'm here for do-rag Kimura :myman:

Honestly, this whole retirement arc has been a breath of fresh air. I love long term stories that spend hundreds of chapters on just the mynute every day happenings and thought process of these fighters. Ippo and OP for that matter are often falsely labeled as slow paced stories. There's a difference between slow pacing and long term stories.

Last edited:
N

NeutralWatcher

Ippo getting to be a second in a world class fight would open his eyes even more towards coming back. I can't really predict how the fight is going to go, but if Sendo beats Alf, imagine how that would light a fire in Ippo.

Also, Ippo needs to have the conversation with Kumi about her being suffocating with being anti-boxing. It's understandable that she's worried about the person she loves, but there's a fine line between being worried and being controlling. The story seems to be setting up the stage for that situation to explode when he decides to come back.

I forgot to mention that I'm here for do-rag Kimura :myman:

Honestly, this whole retirement arc has been a breath of fresh air. I love long term stories that spend hundreds of chapters on just the minute every day happening and thought process of these fighters. Ippo and OP for that matter are often falsely labeled as slow paced stories. There's a difference between slow pacing and long term stories.
100% agree with what you said. becoming coach in world stage will broaden Ippo's boxing knowledge which makes him more analytical when he comes back. Also seeing someone who lost to him twice defeats someone who gave him his second lose will surely lit the fire in Ippo to return to boxing.

I think Kumi is worried about his brother everytime her brother has a boxing match. That's why she hates boxing. This hate reaches its peak when Mashiba fought Sawamura which made Kumi thinks that boxing is just about violence.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
100% agree with what you said. becoming coach in world stage will broaden Ippo's boxing knowledge which makes him more analytical when he comes back. Also seeing someone who lost to him twice defeats someone who gave him his second lose will surely lit the fire in Ippo to return to boxing.

I think Kumi is worried about his brother everytime her brother has a boxing match. That's why she hates boxing. This hate reaches its peak when Mashiba fought Sawamura which made Kumi thinks that boxing is just about violence.
I definitely understand her feelings, it's just the way that she conveys them isn't the most healthy for the relationships future.

N

NeutralWatcher

I definitely understand her feelings, it's just the way that she conveys them isn't the most healthy for the relationships future.
Though I agree, I think Kumi is just worry for Ippo's safety in boxing. She will not worry about his safety if she doesn't love him. Whether Ippo wins or lose Kumi just want Ippo to be safe.

Bogard

You can't win
Ippo vs sendo even in a sparring is going to be neat. We are finally going to see if ippo became actually stronger than what he was before his retirement.
Lol this situation reminds me of the Date vs Ippo moment when Date was preparing for his battle against Martinez.

It's the top of the world right now though. Should be interesting to see how it could go.

Sendo already noticed before that Ippo's punch was packing despite being retired lol

With Takamura's hint of something potentially pushing Ippo to come back to the ring, i think his trip to Mexico will end up triggering that thing.

Lol this situation reminds me of the Date vs Ippo moment when Date was preparing for his battle against Martinez.

It's the top of the world right now though. Should be interesting to see how it could go.

Sendo already noticed before that Ippo's punch was packing despite being retired lol

With Takamura's hint of something potentially pushing Ippo to come back to the ring, i think his trip to Mexico will end up triggering that thing.
I hope so. All these top dogs reunited in the same place must be for a reason. I don't want that retirement thing to drag on more than it had already.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
The lucha mask shop was so nostalgic, when I went to Mexico I bough a lucha mask for my brother.

The build-up is getting more tense. Sendo is the perfect "away" fighter. Us against the world crushes some fighters and enhances others.

Ippo and Sendo sparring the night before the match? No Contact? LOLOL Ok....this is gonna be totally no contact!

N

NeutralWatcher

The lucha mask shop was so nostalgic, when I went to Mexico I bough a lucha mask for my brother.

The build-up is getting more tense. Sendo is the perfect "away" fighter. Us against the world crushes some fighters and enhances others.

Ippo and Sendo sparring the night before the match? No Contact? LOLOL Ok....this is gonna be totally no contact!
You have been in a lot of countries it seems haha. Is Lucha Libre popular in Mexico?

Sendo has defeated Ippo in a sparring before. Now It will be more one sided since Sendo is in fighting mode while Ippo hasn't fought in a long time. Maybe this sparring will show us the fruit of Ippo's experience as second. Sendo also noted that Ippo's punch became much stronger since their last meeting in Kamogawa gym.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
You have been in a lot of countries it seems haha. Is Lucha Libre popular in Mexico?

Sendo has defeated Ippo in a sparring before. Now It will be more one sided since Sendo is in fighting mode while Ippo hasn't fought in a long time. Maybe this sparring will show us the fruit of Ippo's experience as second. Sendo also noted that Ippo's punch became much stronger since their last meeting in Kamogawa gym.
I was invited to an event in Mexico lol I've only been there that one time.

And yes Lucha Libre is the second most popular sport in Mexico after soccer. It's an integral sport in Mexican pop culture.

I think this spar will definitely show Ippo's growth. He might start off timid because he wouldn't want to hurt Sendo, but he'll get more intense as he feels Sendo's intensity. I'm sure we'll see how far he's come after gaining new experiences, and it'll probably push him towards coming back even further. The retirement arc has been a great freshener for the the tone of the series, but it should be coming to an end soon.