Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

Bogard

You can't win
Nice looks like Sendo is starting to get used to Gonzales' rythm

And lol it's funny to see Ricardo so talkative all of sudden, talking about Sendo destroying the foundation Gonzales was creating, and him adding later that it's a shame he made a mistake

I wonder though if this last dialog was destinated to Gonzales or Sendo, because since it was left as a cliffhanger, i think we might see some change occuring in the following chapter

N

NeutralWatcher

Spoiler chapter 1298 thanks to sstt1122 from Dynamite Glove Forum

Japanese Spoiler site has this posted:

shonenrival.com/ippo-1298-netabare/

Also May 20th next chapter....

Here an image it looks like from the issue...

pbs.twimg.com/media/EWpY_lGUEAEyTAJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

I guess Morikawa is showing Kimura because of Keiji Fujiwara passing...according to someone, The translation is, “Please watch over me. I’ll become champion someday..."

読んできた
扉絵は空を見上げる木村
「見てて下さい。俺、いつかチャンピオンになりますから」
…誰に宛てた言葉なのかは、言うまでもない

Round 1298 誤りの交差

リカルド「考えを改めねばなるまい。この男の狩りは狡猾で残忍。開戦した瞬間、全戦力を以て殲滅すべきだったのだ。荒ぶる虎を手懐けることは不可能。アルフ、君は…間違えた」
その瞬間、なんとゴンザレスがショートアッパーを千堂に叩き込んだ
トレーナー「(間違えた…貴様は間違えたよ!センドー!!)」

以下しばらく、彼の解説タイム
冷徹なリカルドに初挑戦した時は激情型故に敗北。二度目の挑戦は技術戦になり不完全燃焼。獰猛さと技術力を併せ持つが故に強いが、そのバランスが悪すぎた。しかしその二つの長所はマクノウチ戦で、見事な融合を果たしたのだという

ゴンザレス「調子に乗るなよ!この野郎!!」
青筋がいくつも浮かび上がり、眼が人外化!モード・ミキストリ発動!!
トレーナー「自分の土俵に持ち込めば勝てると思っていたのかね!?大きな、大きな大きな、間違いだ!!愚かなりセンドー!貴様が誘ったそここそ、アルフが本能と本性を発揮する場なのだ!!」
リカルド「…なるほど。受け取ったか。招待状を」
しかし千堂は、笑顔だった
千堂「待っとったでぇっ!その眼や!幕之内を殴り倒した時と同じ眼やぁっ!!」
ゴンザレス「口を閉じろ!歯を全部ヘシ折るぞ!カスみたいなパンチ寄越すんじゃねぇっ!こうやって当てるんだよ!!」
強烈な左ストレートが何度も当たる
千堂「な、何をほざいとるんか…わからんわぁっ!!」
スマッシュは空を切る
ゴンザレス「カスだって言ってんだよっ!!」
強烈なフックが千堂の頭を左右に弾き飛ばす
一歩「ギアを上げた…いや、豹変した…!!」
トレーナー「(狂気と正気の融合。それが今の…アルフレド・ゴンザレスだ!)」

つづく(全18P。次号休載)
巻末コメント:いつだって 描けば聞こえる あの声が

Edit: Seems like the English version will be out in the next 24 to 48 hrs...

Rough translation:

I have read
The door painting is Kimura looking up at the sky
"Look, I'll be the champion someday."
Needless to say to whom the words were addressed

Round 1298 False crossing

Ricardo "I have to change my mind. The hunting of this man is cunning and brutal. At the time of the outbreak of the war, I should have had all my strength destroyed. It is impossible to tame the wild tiger. Alf, you ... mistook"
At that moment, Gonzales slammed the short upper into Sendo.
Trainer "(I made a mistake ... You made a mistake! Sendo !!)"

For a while, his commentary time When I challenged a cold Ricardo for the first time, I was defeated because I was passionate. The second challenge was a technical war and incomplete combustion. It is strong because it has both fierce and technical capabilities, but its balance is too bad. However, the two merits were that they played a magnificent fusion in the Battle of Makunouchi. Gonzalez "Don't get in the way! This guy!" A number of blue streaks emerge and the eyes are out of sight! Activate Mode Mixtri! !! Trainer "I thought you would win if you brought it to your ring !? Big, big, wrong! Stupid sendo! That's where you invited Alf to show instinct and instinct! " Ricardo "... I see. Did you receive it? An invitation."

But Sendo was a smile
Sendo "Wait, wait! That eye! The same eye as when I beat down Makunouchi!"
Gonzalez "Close your mouth! I'll break all my teeth! I'm not going to pass a punch like a crap! It's hitting like this!"
A strong left straight hits many times
Sendo "What are you talking about ... I don't know!"
Smash cuts the sky
Gonzalez "I'm telling you Kas!"
An intense hook flies Sendo's head left and right
One step "I raised my gear ... No, it changed suddenly ...!"
Trainer “(Fusion of madness and sanity. That is ... Alfredo Gonzalez!)”

Continued (18 pages in total, next issue suspended)
Comment at the end of the book: Whenever I draw, I hear that voice

N

NeutralWatcher

Chapter 1299 was amazing. Now I think Sendo is definitely going to win.
But he's having trouble against Alf, I wonder how much stronger he'll need to become to give Ricardo just a good fight.
http://hni-scantrad.com/eng/lel/?manga=Hajime+no+Ippo&chapter=Chapter+1299#page=1

Saw the chapter. Seems like the fight is even for now. If they exchange blow and Sendo manages to mix in Smash in the next chapter Sendo might gain an upper hand.

Morikawa will likely make Sendo get brain damage after the fight to delay the fight against Martinez. It's still too soon for Sendo to fight Martinez imo.

Are you in Dynamite Glove Forum?

http://hni-scantrad.com/eng/lel/?manga=Hajime+no+Ippo&chapter=Chapter+1299#page=1

Saw the chapter. Seems like the fight is even for now. If they exchange blow and Sendo manages to mix in Smash in the next chapter Sendo might gain an upper hand.

Morikawa will likely make Sendo get brain damage after the fight to delay the fight against Martinez. It's still too soon for Sendo to fight Martinez imo.

Are you in Dynamite Glove Forum?
No never heard of it. Is it a forum about boxing or hajime no ippo?