Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

lets not be quick to jump the gun. sendos glove is loose im 100% it’s the reason why the referee stopped the match. It’s going to continue. to this day morikawa hasn’t missed on delivering sendo greatness. Trust in sendo hes got this
Yup and we can see that Sendo is catching up, I really think he is going to win. He's a tank, he's throwing some shotgun punches and he doesn't want to go down.
What a fight :steef:

N

NeutralWatcher

The best thing about this chapter is Ippo finally gets his fighting spirit back when he watches Sendo and Alfredo trading punches.

I don't think it would end with doctor stop. Both Sendo and Alfredo enjoy this fight and both of them would protest the referee if he stops the fight.

I think it would be similar with Takamura vs Eagle where Takamura and Eagle protested the doctor for stopping the fight because of Takamura's eye injury.

Not exactly the way I'd deal with an overprotective girlfriend :usoprice:
She's letting her feelings about boxing from watching her brother cloud her judgment a little bit. And Ippo is a non-confrontational dude so he doesn't push back. They need to have the conversation about his return, her feelings are coming from a place of love definitely, but she needs to see Boxing's worth in Ippo's life from his perspective.
Bruh,he just needs to shove her into her brother's ass and be done with her. Most annoying recurring character in the series... Have Ippo tap Mari or his old classmate..

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Bruh,he just needs to shove her into her brother's ass and be done with her. Most annoying recurring character in the series... Have Ippo tap Mari or his old classmate..
I'm sorry bro, I can't take anything you say seriously with that Bin Laden Rockets avy :chopoff:

But nah, I completely understand the frustration with Kumi's character. I think it's intentionally written as such. However, that frustration is a great launching point for an intriguing development where Ippo and Kumi can have an honest conversation. And she could compromise a little on her views on his return to boxing.

N

NeutralWatcher

Eji Date 2.0 incoming. R.I.P Sendo my boy
:josad:

And thanks for the chapter @NeutralWatcher
No problem. I think Sendo might have a chance now. In Date vs Martinez, Martinez was completely unharmed but not in Sendo vs Gonzales.

Sendo might have broken his fist but Gonzales arm was also numb from blocking Sendo's Smash so I think both of them are at disadvantage situation. Gonzales also seems to be afraid of Sendo's punches. He could see Sendo's big swing but he doesn't know how to counter that.

Even Ippo also said Sendo is winning but Gonzales hasn't used a counter that knocked out Ippo so it's still hard to tell. I prefer if the fight ends in a draw. I don't want Sendo to lose to someone beside Ippo. It would hurt Sendo's image. Sendo wins also would be nice but I don't think Sendo is ready for Martinez. Worst case Sendo would retire and Takamura still has 4 title to conquer.

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
No problem. I think Sendo might have a chance now. In Date vs Martinez, Martinez was completely unharmed but not in Sendo vs Gonzales.

Sendo might have broken his fist but Gonzales arm was also numb from blocking Sendo's Smash so I think both of them are at disadvantage situation. Gonzales also seems to be afraid of Sendo's punches. He could see Sendo's big swing but he doesn't know how to counter that.

Even Ippo also said Sendo is winning but Gonzales hasn't used a counter that knocked out Ippo so it's still hard to tell. I prefer if the fight ends in a draw. I don't want Sendo to lose to someone beside Ippo. It would hurt Sendo's image. Sendo wins also would be nice but I don't think Sendo is ready for Martinez. Worst case Sendo would retire and Takamura still has 4 title to conquer.
I don't want him to lose but I have an on- going bet atm
:emohiyo:

I would genuinely like for Sendo to become the world champ before Ippo, and whichever way the mangaka chooses to do it, I will be happy with it.

However I just don't see how anyone in the featherweight division could ever hope to even challenge Martinez. I can potentially see Itakagi and that Mowgli kid in the future when they fully grow as a boxer, but no one in the current crop measures up. For now, only Sendo has a slim chance (scored a sparring knockdown which was the first knockdown ever in his career vs Martinez)

N

NeutralWatcher

I don't want him to lose but I have an on going bet atm
:emohiyo:
Poor Gojo :suresure:

I would like for Sendo to become the world champ before Ippo, and whichever way the mangaka chooses to do it, I will be happy with it.

However I just don't see how anyone in the featherweight division could ever hope to even challenge Martinez. I can potentially see Itakagi and that Mowgli kid in the future when they fully grow as a boxer, but no one in the current crop measures up. For now, only Sendo has a slim chance ( scored sparring knockdown which was the first knockdown in his career vs Martinez)
Itagaki is impossible imo. He is still too green. Moreover he got trauma after he lost to Imai. He even saw himself moved slow. Maybe he has recovered but from what I saw Itagaki needs a lot of focus to utilize his full potential and the problem is he cannot focus so early in first round.

You mean Woli? Yeah I think with experience he probably could defeat Martinez. Ippo won because Woli was still inexperienced. Even Kamogawa admitted that if Ippo fights Woli again in the future Ippo would have lost.

So it's between Sendo, Miyata or Gonzales. I think Miyata would become WBC champion since he hasn't shown any interest with Martinez. Gonzales would defeat Martinez and Ippo would defeat him in the rematch. Not sure about Sendo. He might move weight class or become world champion in another division.

Ippo then fights Miyata tto unify WBA and WBC belt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
Poor Gojo :suresure:

Itagaki is impossible imo. He is still too green. Moreover he got trauma after he lost to Imai. He even saw himself moved slow. Maybe he has recovered but from what I saw Itagaki needs a lot of focus to utilize his full potential and the problem is he cannot focus so early in first round.

You mean Woli? Yeah I think with experience he probably could defeat Martinez. Ippo won because Woli was still inexperienced. Even Kamogawa admitted that if Ippo fights Woli again in the future Ippo would have lost.

So it's between Sendo, Miyata or Gonzales. I think Miyata would become WBC champion since he hasn't shown any interest with Martinez. Gonzales would defeat Martinez and Ippo would defeat him in the rematch. Not sure about Sendo. He might move weight class or become world champion in another division.

Ippo then fights Miyata tto unify WBA and WBC belt.
Lmao Gojo about to be low diffed.
:endthis:

Yeah I understand that right now Itagiki isn't looking the greatest, but imo he honestly has one of the best feats/ablities in the verse at peak focus.

He just needs to think of nothing else and give his all to boxing while getting rid of his unnecessary thoughts and his doubts. This again is much easier said then done, although I do see him overcoming this issue in the near future.

Yeah Woli is a beast. Goddam no form at all in the ring and at such a young age. Ran laps around Ippo and even managed to stun mofo Vorg in sparring. I think he will most definitely be the next monster like Ricardo in the future. The old boys best get the champion seats while they still can. Their time is coming.
:josad:

That does sound plausible since I really don't see Miyata actually winning or even giving Ricardo a challenge. He seems to be a technical based fighter which mirrors Miyata's while being a level beyond him.

However in Sendo's case he will probably just lose against Martinez and try over and over again. Running away to another weight class would harm him as a character since he has never backed down in the series. Man's a soldier.

I also believe he still hopes for Ippo to come back. He wouldn't go away from the featherweight class when he still has a grudge to settle with his rival.

Ofc that's if he doesn't become the next champ.
:catpole:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!

But seriously, what did you guys think about Sendo eating that counter like a savage? I thought it was very fitting for the fight's theme, but I get why others could think it's way too overboard.

Do you think Sendo's hand being broken is to get him out of the Martinez fight if he does indeed win?

I got excited for a second after the smash, but I immediately felt that this is a red herring and Alf will get back up. It feels like it's setting up for that. I have no idea how that'd affect Ippo's comeback arc though.

Either way I'd be nervous If I were @gojo right about now :usoprice:

Last edited: