Manga Discussion Hajime No Ippo Discussion thread

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
HE'S DONE IT!!!

I was nervous that last week's cliffhanger was a red herring. Happy that Alf got to finally find an in ring soul mate.
I love that Sendo ate the counter that put down Ippo like a beast. I know some fans will get annoyed with that. But it's more symbolic than anything imo.

Notice how George didn't draw Ippo's reaction? His greatest rival doing what he couldn't do will absolutely kill him. It's the spark needed for a comeback.

I don't know if Sendo's broken fist will be a plot device for the Martinez fight or not. I hope not.

Congrats @gojo and that's a cute avy you got there @Marimo_420 :gokulaugh:

Post automatically merged:

alf should've won:josad::tchpepe:
Oh I didn't know you were in on the bet too lmao

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Ok funny meme, but did u guys feel that the Woli fight stretched it too far. It was arguably the most unique fight in the series. And it's nice to see artists challenge themselves with new concepts, but I know many fans thought it stretched the acceptable bounds of realism in manga too far. Personally I liked it.

N

NeutralWatcher

What’s your favourite match in the entire series ?

For me it has to be Mashiba vs Kimura... one of the greatest fights in all of anime IMO
Welcome.

Takamura vs Hawk for me. It was the first time I saw Takamura got toyed like that. Hawk is also the first boxer that has potential greater than Takamura.

The build up to the fight is also great. Hawk's provocation, Takamura's diet issue followed by Japanese champion cheered Takamura in his waiting room and Kamogawa's memorable speech "Not everyone who works hard is rewarded however al those who succeed have worked hard.

I think it's also the first time Sendo met Miyata and nice seeing Miyata, Sendo and Date together in the audience commenting the fight.

Welcome.

Takamura vs Hawk for me. It was the first time I saw Takamura got toyed like that. Hawk is also the first boxer that has potential greater than Takamura.

The build up to the fight is also great. Hawk's provocation, Takamura's diet issue followed by Japanese champion cheered Takamura in his waiting room and Kamogawa's memorable speech "Not everyone who works hard is rewarded however al those who succeed have worked hard.

I think it's also the first time Sendo met Miyata and nice seeing Miyata, Sendo and Date together in the audience commenting the fight.
Takamura’s speech about impregnating the women of Japan and then getting attacked by the crowd was peak Takamura
:milaugh: