What will Greenbull’s Devil fruit be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a rather shallow interpretation of Zoro if I'm being honest. Zoro said he wants to be the best swordsman there ever was, which possibly mean there were better swordsmen than Mihawk before his era, but obviously Zoro can't fight the dead so he needs to go by some other metric to remove doubt of him being the best swordsman there ever was. Zoro also wants his name to reach the heavens, which implies he'll do not great, but fantastical things to have his name be amongst the greatest in the world.

Zoro's dream thus far has been rather flat, and many things that surround the lore of swordsmanship is shrouded in mystery and hasn't really been lacking in application such as grade blade, like do the different ranks between named swords even matter. Mihawk's himself really hasn't displayed what makes being the World's Strongest Swordsman impressive, which lessens the reputation of the title.

It also doesn't help that many of Zoro's enemies, especially in the Timeskip, aren't even swordsmen themselves, which makes it difficult to compare how well Zoro's improving in swordsmanship, not strictly power. And other possible swordsmen of the world may not even be swordsmen just like King, so that just murks the water of who Zoro can compare to other than Mihawk, who himself hasn't done much.

I understand that Zoro puts Luffy's dream over his own, but it's to a point that his own dream has been almost fully overshadowed by Luffy's dream, not given anyway to grow and be fruitful as opposed to Luffy's. Unlike Luffy's dream, Zoro's doesn't earn recognition whenever he spouts off about it, which kills any interesting interactions surrounding the title of "World's Strongest Swordsman".

Overall I feel that Zoro's dream is practically irrelevant in the One Piece world as only 2 people care about it, and Mihawk doesn't do much to give the title any flair.
Sanji also didn't meet another person who wanted to find allblue. This is just his personal dream. Just finish it

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
That's a rather shallow interpretation of Zoro if I'm being honest. Zoro said he wants to be the best swordsman there ever was, which possibly mean there were better swordsmen than Mihawk before his era, but obviously Zoro can't fight the dead so he needs to go by some other metric to remove doubt of him being the best swordsman there ever was. Zoro also wants his name to reach the heavens, which implies he'll do not great, but fantastical things to have his name be amongst the greatest in the world.

Zoro's dream thus far has been rather flat, and many things that surround the lore of swordsmanship is shrouded in mystery and hasn't really been lacking in application such as grade blade, like do the different ranks between named swords even matter. Mihawk's himself really hasn't displayed what makes being the World's Strongest Swordsman impressive, which lessens the reputation of the title.

It also doesn't help that many of Zoro's enemies, especially in the Timeskip, aren't even swordsmen themselves, which makes it difficult to compare how well Zoro's improving in swordsmanship, not strictly power. And other possible swordsmen of the world may not even be swordsmen just like King, so that just murks the water of who Zoro can compare to other than Mihawk, who himself hasn't done much.

I understand that Zoro puts Luffy's dream over his own, but it's to a point that his own dream has been almost fully shadowed by Luffy's dream, not given anyway to grow and be fruitful unlike Luffy's. Unlike Luffy's dream, Zoro's doesn't earn recognition whenever he spouts off about it, which kills any interesting interactions surrounding the title of "World's Strongest Swordsman".

Overall I feel that Zoro's dream is practically irrelevant in the One Piece world as only 2 people care about it, and Mihawk doesn't do much to give the title any flair.
The "my name will reach the heavens" is not a separate dream. It's a bravado that comes from his desire to be the best one like no one ever was. It also means that his name will reach Kuina in the afterlife, on a more metaphorical way.

But, man, honestly, the "grade swords" and "black blades" plots are really fucking bad and inconsequential. Almost no one gives two fucks about black blades. Zoro walks towards Mihawk with a black blade on his hip, and we don't get a single comment from Mihawk about it.
Just some "every blade can become a black blade" flashback that was indicating CoA blackening coating at the time, until someone told Oda that it wasn't hype enough and he decided to come with this "permanent black blade" shenanigan that he still didn't explain.
This plot goes nowhere.

The part about Zoro's enemies I agree. Wouldn't hurt throwing someone else out there chasing the same dream as Zoro. But against Mr1 he learned to cut steel. Against Braham, zoro learned flying slashes. Against Ohm, Zoro incorporated these two things.
Against Kaku, he gets Ashura.
Against Ryuma, Shusui.
Everything seemed like a natural progression towards Mihawk.
Then Post-TS happened and his fights lost their themes.
Hyouzo didn't add anything. Monet didnt add anything. Pica didnt add anything.
Only now with King he got CoC and we once again got the feeling that he's progressing.

I don't think you or other understandwhat Oda did to characters during Wano. That was, he made so many characters look bad to rush the manga.

Luffy doesn't look like a god among men. He looks like a character who just was never strong enough and needed Oda to hold his hand throughout the entire war and still needed Oda to nerf Kaido just so that Luffy could win.

Luffy awakened his devil fruit during the war was but Kaido, with over 20 years experience with this DF, never used df awakening. I'm supposed to believe Kaido never awaken his DF even though he explained to us what it was. If Kaido had it and didn't use it that's just as bad. Ultimately, Luffy beat an opponent, known might and powerful DF power, who wasn't allowed to use their stronger DF power.

It doesn't matter how you put it that tells me Luffy was never strong enough to defeat Kaido and Oda had to be nerf Kaido for Luffy to get the win. You can call that a W if you want. I'm not saying Luffy isn't strong. Clearly he is. It's just pathetic how he handled Kaido in the end that makes Luffy look bad.
Dude Kaido literally killed Luffy, and fought every body and their mom. It took the entire alliance to defeat Kaido. Just cuz Luffy was the last one fighting him, does not mean he defeated Kaido on his own. Also, How can we say for sure that he wasn’t awakened? I mean he could do SO MUCH with his DF. Let me ask you something. In your perfect world, what could Luffy have possibly done to defeat Kaido differently? Were u a Raid fail or ZKK fan? Cuz from what I’ve been noticing, the people disappointed with this arc and fight the most are those who believed in their own headcannons so much to the point that no matter what Oda had done, if it differs from their own headcannon, it would be trash.

@Un-amed ngl bro you were extremely reactionary and over exaggerating with that “fanservice” scene and Yamato being ruined”

Neither were bad at all and you kinda made it seem like 1. It’s the worst fanservice ever which it definitely wasn’t that bad. & 2. Yamatos character gets ruined when that isn’t the case.

Absolute rejection for their God when instead they could have just simply had normal expectations for a side character that isn't the MC
Even a "side" character can be expanded upon besides just simply been given a feats that makes him stronger fighter than MC can't he?

Nico Robin Sanji everyone have back stories.
Oda literally opened up plot points for Zoro and never went with them.

Its simply his laziness, has nothing to do with MC or Not.

Luffy isn't so hot character wise either.

Usually Zoro only fight the second of the arc, leaving the task to Luffy. In this arc, Zoro actually fought the main villain alongside Luffy, scarred him to life, temporarily blocked a "big move"(Hakai) from 2 yonko, showing crazy endurance, got an adcoc power up and mid diffing a YC1 after a temporarily healing medicine
I have been saying Zoro's feats are so crazy he looks stronger than Luffy but his importance has been shit.

Why did Oda open up Ryuma and Shimotsuki plot line, why have Ushimaru look like Zoro and Ryuma look like Zoro and WHY specifically have Kawamatsu mention that Zoro reminds him of Ryuma and Ushimaru if it was supposted to go no where?

Why Give Zoro shushui to begin with?

Why create the whole fiasco to begin with??

It didn't come out of thin air, Oda literally has been doing this shit entirety of Wano and for it all to not lead to anything is just bullshit.

Oda mentioning Ushimaru and Ryuma and it not going any where literally makes him an author who wrote incomplete story. He opened up a story and never finished.

What other author does that?
Post automatically merged:

@HA001 has been drowning in the mud for weeks. When he does make an apperance he will be all mud covered.
Why has Oda made Zoro stronger than Luffy and give him feats to one shot kill Luffy yet open plot lines for him and never go any where?

This manga has been the Luffy show for a while, anyone not named Luffy can get bent ands its pissing me off. I mean look at how he treated his supposed ''worst gen'' rivals like Kidd??? But yeah man, I had hopes for ZKK and still believe it could happen but at this point Oda clearly doesn't care about Zoro as much as I thought he did.
The manga has been luffy and friends since timeskip, unfortunately a lot of potential with many characters got wasted

Why has Oda made Zoro stronger than Luffy and give him feats to one shot kill Luffy yet open plot lines for him and never go any where?
You keep saying this, but you know repeating something doesn't make it true right?

Zoro can't beat Luffy. It's a high diff fight that Luffy wins. Gear 5 makes it neg
Gear 5 isnt a neg come on, he beats Zoro mid to high diff with it.

I have been saying Zoro's feats are so crazy he looks stronger than Luffy but his importance has been shit.

Why did Oda open up Ryuma and Shimotsuki plot line, why have Ushimaru look like Zoro and Ryuma look like Zoro and WHY specifically have Kawamatsu mention that Zoro reminds him of Ryuma and Ushimaru if it was supposted to go no where?

Why Give Zoro shushui to begin with?

Why create the whole fiasco to begin with??

It didn't come out of thin air, Oda literally has been doing this shit entirety of Wano and for it all to not lead to anything is just bullshit.

Oda mentioning Ushimaru and Ryuma and it not going any where literally makes him an author who wrote incomplete story. He opened up a story and never finished.

What other author does that?
Post automatically merged:

Not to mention Oda talking about it in the SBS, Vivre Cards, magazines...like he literally put the entire Kozaburo flashback in the SBS and said "I wonder what this means about Zoro's lineage...well that's all I can share for now!!" and then THE ONLY FUCKING FLASHBACK WE GOT IN THE ACTUAL MANGA WAS THE INFO WE ALREADY FUCKING HAD

Like holy fuck you can't make this shit up man :nicagesmile::kaidowhat::kaidowhat:

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
You keep saying this, but you know repeating something doesn't make it true right?

Gear 5 isnt a neg come on, he beats Zoro mid to high diff with it.
Realistically what can Zoro do if Luffy goes giant with barrier and advcoc?

Oda could have had King appear in Zou, to hype up their fight. But no, Oda can’t just reveal characters, he needs to draw out the reveal.
How does that address the fact that Oda literally drew this panel himself

What is the point of all this?

Why did Oda say Zoro resembles Ryuma and Ushimaru?

What is the meaning of all this? Oda won't explain it, can you?

And if there is no meaning then Oda is literally wasting ink? Does he have too much free time on his hand to waste ink like that?

This is very definition of opening up a plot and never closing it. That is sign of an absolutely bad author. This plot is literally dangling.

This manga has been the Luffy show for a while, anyone not named Luffy can get bent ands its pissing me off. I mean look at how he treated his supposed ''worst gen'' rivals like Kidd??? But yeah man, I had hopes for ZKK and still believe it could happen but at this point Oda clearly doesn't care about Zoro as much as I thought he did.
He about to crown Kid as yonko so that’s a dub
But yeah, Oda clearly going with Goku/Vegeta here
Everyone not named Teach is only playing catch up….

Status
Not open for further replies.