What the best thing in the chap ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People love to downplay king but love to forget just he's still stronger than smoothie. The same way Marco is stronger than him
:kayneshrug:

Just because they cant compete with the true kings under the yonko doesn't mean they're complete fodder
Theyre still the stronger ones in tagteam groups. Being over jozu, queen, and cracker which is pretty impressive
:kata:

Please explain with examples from the rooftop (if possible) what you mean by scaling with portrayal vs scaling with feats.
Portrayal is gauging how strong a character should be based on narrative indications (a super basic example is - will the villain face the SHs now or later - later antagonists in shonen tend to be stronger).

For instance, Dragon is more or less totally featless but we ALL know that he’s most likely very powerful based on 1) being saved for later 2) being the Mc’s dad 3) etc.

An example of using portrayal over feats is Crocodile. We know that he technically lost to pre-gear Luffy, but most assume he’s likely much stronger than that (comparable to a Tobiroppo perhaps) despite his feats because him being a warlord wouldn’t really make sense otherwise.

Folks like myself who have been saying for over a decade that admirals were likely significantly more powerful than commanders and comparable to Yonko based it on the fact that they were clearly being saved for later in the story. Thus we are totally unsurprised by this chapter while lots of people who scale primarily based on feats alone are caught off guard.

Basically, fights serve the story, not the other way around.

Edit:
Sorry I didn’t mention the rooftop I got carried away.

... wrong answer...
Eustass "Captain" Kidd!

No Lodestar is reachable by everybody who follows all the logposes route, but once you arrive there the magnetism fields go crazy and it's impossible to navigate forward. Lodestar is basically the end of the road cause after that nobody knows how to reach Laugh Tale cause of the magnetic interferences.

That's why I'm convinced Lodestar will be Nami's arc (in terms of SHs) and Kidd's arc (in terms of antagonist/opponent to Luffy).
Roger says that he was the first to reach Lodestar. And after that he also reachs Laugh Tale.

Zoro was fully recovered the moment Ryokugyu took on King and Queen. Now Zoro took Hakai times two, since the medicine doubles the previously received damage, while King has ancient Zoan recovery.

If King wasn't fully recovered while Zoro was, it means that either Zoro's endurance and recovery rate is magnitudes above King and Queen, or that Zoro's attack power is beyond Hakai times two.

Which one do you choose?

:smart:
Where was this ZOAN RECOVERY in the spoilers? :gokulaugh::gokulaugh::gokulaugh:

Both Queen and Ling are not in Zoan forms?

Perhaps it has to do something with being Prisoners in Udon? :goyea:

If there was no Kairoseki, are Queen and Ling too tired to use their Zoan forms? :suresure:

WINNER Lolo was getting constant medical treatment from Chopper during 7 days, while LOSER Ling didn't even put a mask on his face yet.

I knew king and queen couldn't measure up when Marco on his own can face both at the same time and he's not even a actual combatant of the crew per say but moreso a doctor.
I always said Marco > Ling, and even made a thread about Marco vs. Ling + Queen,

However, Greenbitch negging Ling and Queen has to do with them being PRISONERS in Udon ffs, if not its obvious they didn't even use Zoan due to not recovering fully, Ling didn't even put a mask on his face yet, he literally kills his own men for seeing his face, yet he didn't find something to cover his face in Udon? That's how nerfed they were.

Portrayal is gauging how strong a character should be based on narrative indications (a super basic example is - will the villain face the SHs now or later - later antagonists in shonen tend to be stronger).

For instance, Dragon is more or less totally featless but we ALL know that he’s most likely very powerful based on 1) being saved for later 2) being the Mc’s dad 3) etc.

An example of using portrayal over feats is Crocodile. We know that he technically lost to pre-gear Luffy, but most assume he’s likely much stronger than that (comparable to a Tobiroppo perhaps) despite his feats because him being a warlord wouldn’t really make sense otherwise.

Folks like myself who have been saying for over a decade that admirals were likely significantly more powerful than commanders and comparable to Yonko based it on the fact that they were clearly being saved for later in the story. Thus we are totally unsurprised by this chapter while lots of people who scale primarily based on feats alone are caught off guard.

Basically, fights serve the story, not the other way around.

Edit:
Sorry I didn’t mention the rooftop I got carried away.
You don't make any sense.

First of all portrayal is how others characters see the character they are portraying. Calling Yonkos monsters, Fujitora and Greenbull monsters are examples of that.

Being saved for later doesn't make any sense. People says that Lucci was stronger than Moriah for example. Some delusional says Doffy was stronger than Katakuri. Legends like me KNOW that Cracker was stronger than Katakuri.

And not only that but Admirals were first used before commanders. How the hell we have Admiral feats if they are being saved for later.

Marineford made it clear the Yonko superiority over Admirals.

Status
Not open for further replies.