Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the myth of the moon/jade rabbit in the story "journey to the west". I think I remember one piece taking inspiration from history/folklore all across the world.

The jade rabbit and the monkey king get into a fight in this story. There are many folk lores worldwide about rabbits/monkeys but this one in particular caught my attention. Apparently the jade rabbit is a vengeance type that got stopped by Sun Wukong when he saw through what she was trying to do. The details seem to reflect the story of whole cake arc with evil princesses, revenge, and marriage. We still haven't really seen a fight between Luffy and Carrot yet, so my guess is that there is a little more to carrot's story. I just hope it doesn't include this weird piece about the moon princess fighting butt naked.

I hope because of this, Carrot gets to stick around longer.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I was looking at the myth of the moon/jade rabbit in the story "journey to the west". I think I remember one piece taking inspiration from history/folklore all across the world.

The jade rabbit and the monkey king get into a fight in this story. There are many folk lores worldwide about rabbits/monkeys but this one in particular caught my attention. Apparently the jade rabbit is a vengeance type that got stopped by Sun Wukong when he saw through what she was trying to do. The details seem to reflect the story of whole cake arc with evil princesses, revenge, and marriage. We still haven't really seen a fight between Luffy and Carrot yet, so my guess is that there is a little more to carrot's story. I just hope it doesn't include this weird piece about the moon princess fighting butt naked.

I hope because of this, Carrot gets to stick around longer.
You understand there’s a difference between “inspiration” and “plagiarism,” yes? You’re not the first person I’ve come across online who thinks of homage as straight copy, authors tend to borrow overall themes for inspiration but try to go in other directions, so they’re not rewriting every single detail from the source material verbatim…actually, I just described subverting expectations, someone get C4N in here so we can teach him this lesson once more :myman:

You understand there’s a difference between “inspiration” and “plagiarism,” yes? You’re not the first person I’ve come across online who thinks of homage as straight copy, authors tend to borrow overall themes for inspiration but try to go in other directions, so they’re not rewriting every single detail from the source material verbatim…actually, I just described subverting expectations, someone get C4N in here so we can teach him this lesson once more :myman:
What is wrong?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Yamato partying with the Strawhats is such a sight to see.

Can't wait to see what garbage is made this week from you know whom @Jew D. Boy
All the crying and pissing into the wind he’s done the last two years, I’m a little impressed he has any juice left…but I suppose the pathetic, stubborn refusal of reality always finds a way :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.