A break for Night Lynch Deciders after N1?

• Yay

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Are you enjoying the Game?

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Yay

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Nay

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just tired, but I don't see the contradiction you see at all here. My original basis was that Ekko started at a conclusion and then worked backwards. In both of those posts you quoted, I am pointing to a lack of evidence presented to fit the conclusions he is making, which very much fits with my initial argument.
Yes, but what you stated was that it isn't how town behaves, even after multiple people said that was pretty standard for ekkos town play

After that you admitted to that being likely true and said you were more interested in making him pay for the argument type rather than actually believing him to be scum

Now, you are defending against the same thing and saying that other people shouldn't dictate how you play as town, because they don't see you acting as how they would expect town to act, even though that is exactly what you did regarding ekko

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Yes, but what you stated was that it isn't how town behaves, even after multiple people said that was pretty standard for ekkos town play
After that you admitted to that being likely true and said you were more interested in making him pay for the argument type rather than actually believing him to be scum
I maintain that the thought process I described is intrinsic to town play. I admitted that I have a vested interest in ensuring he is held to account for absolution isn't statements, but that more so pertains to his expressed level of certainty not matching the evidence he brings.
Now, you are defending against the same thing and saying that other people shouldn't dictate how you play as town, because they don't see you acting as how they would expect town to act, even though that is exactly what you did regarding ekko
I don't see how I'm defending against the same thing at all? If you're meaning in regards to Adam, which I don't agree where the basis of the quotes you initially provided, then my argument is that the behaviour Adam expressed while is typically town, doesn't account very much for personality, and in this case, there is more leeway for personality to have an effect on behaviour than there is in the process I stated against Ekko.

I maintain that the thought process I described is intrinsic to town play. I admitted that I have a vested interest in ensuring he is held to account for absolution isn't statements, but that more so pertains to his expressed level of certainty not matching the evidence he brings.
I don't see how I'm defending against the same thing at all? If you're meaning in regards to Adam, which I don't agree where the basis of the quotes you initially provided, then my argument is that the behaviour Adam expressed while is typically town, doesn't account very much for personality, and in this case, there is more leeway for personality to have an effect on behaviour than there is in the process I stated against Ekko.
I'm not really concerned over the subject matter, I don't really agree that you can't compare how someone is playing to typical town behaviour/thought patterns to get a read anyway.

I also don't see how predatory behaviour has much to do with personality, especially regarding the vote on gram.

Scum are much more likely and inclined to move for an easy target because they have seemingly given up, as it won't give them pause as they'd know if they're aligned. Town are far more likely to hesitate and at least analyse the behaviour. You jumped on a vote immediately.

That behaviour does undoubtedly align more with a scum mindset then town. There's not really much room to debate that

Ratchet

I'm not really concerned over the subject matter, I don't really agree that you can't compare how someone is playing to typical town behaviour/thought patterns to get a read anyway.

I also don't see how predatory behaviour has much to do with personality, especially regarding the vote on gram.

Scum are much more likely and inclined to move for an easy target because they have seemingly given up, as it won't give them pause as they'd know if they're aligned. Town are far more likely to hesitate and at least analyse the behaviour. You jumped on a vote immediately.

That behaviour does undoubtedly align more with a scum mindset then town. There's not really much room to debate that
I'd also been scum reading Gram beforehand, and had engaged with him on why that was and various other posts he had made, which surely needs to be taken under consideration here, yes? Like if I had barely talked about or around Gram until that post and then saw that post and jumped on it - absolutely it's Scummy. I... don't think that's particularly accurate at all here though.

I'd also been scum reading Gram beforehand, and had engaged with him on why that was and various other posts he had made, which surely needs to be taken under consideration here, yes? Like if I had barely talked about or around Gram until that post and then saw that post and jumped on it - absolutely it's Scummy. I... don't think that's particularly accurate at all here though.
That can and should be taken into consideration, yes.

The act it self I viewed as slightly scummy, but nothing major. My main concern comes from your defence of the act, and how it visibly contradicts a statement you made earlier.

Ratchet

That can and should be taken into consideration, yes.

The act it self I viewed as slightly scummy, but nothing major. My main concern comes from your defence of the act, and how it visibly contradicts a statement you made earlier.
Well frankly I think your contradiction is unfair. What I described with Ekko is not the same, because by nature town are uninformed. The *only* time I can see town assuming a conclusion and working backwards as a valid process is to check their working on a theory. Or to brainstorm alternatives to their current patterns of thought. It does not make any sense to approach it differently because to do so would be equivalent to playing based on random guesses. This is not how Town Ekko plays, despite how it has been characterised - there is *always* a process involved to get him from point A to point B.

Well frankly I think your contradiction is unfair. What I described with Ekko is not the same, because by nature town are uninformed. The *only* time I can see town assuming a conclusion and working backwards as a valid process is to check their working on a theory. Or to brainstorm alternatives to their current patterns of thought. It does not make any sense to approach it differently because to do so would be equivalent to playing based on random guesses. This is not how Town Ekko plays, despite how it has been characterised - there is *always* a process involved to get him from point A to point B.
I mean I'm not here to argue that ekko is playing correctly, but there's ample experience I have of him doing the same thing and being town at the end of the day.

I've pushed him previously for very similar things.

I don't see how the contradiction is unfair, one is dictating that there is a difference between how town play and how scum play, and the other is you denying that same premise can be used. The subject of discussion is different, sure, the underlying principle is the same.

Emil

Certified Memelord
This is not how Town Ekko plays, despite how it has been characterised - there is *always* a process involved to get him from point A to point B.
ratchet we've heard this like 5 times now
none cares
u have to establish it properly by bringing actual examples where this is followed

Alright well I'll summarise my conclusions from my discussion with ratchet.

Seemed to me that he tried multiple times to deflect from the actual point I made, moving to both points of personality, as well as ekkos play, rather than the point at hand.

I also don't think he did a satisfactory job of explaining how the contradiction was 'unfair'

I am fairly happy to put some pressure here

Vote Ratchet

I would also like comments from flower, ekko, Adam on the points I have made if you please

Status
Not open for further replies.