News One Piece Pirate Warriors 4 PV2

fuck enel ... Shanks is the god of thunder

So far what I get from his moveset:

-Same red aura, but this time they even add black/red aura/haki with is little different then in PW3, but overall the moveset are the same.

-he show similar haki form as Whitebeard/Roger with black+red haki/aura around his sword,it is like he making even a longer saber sword.

-he using his guns who make big explosions, also it seems like he combo it with his red+black haki aswell.

-small hint about his advanted CoA.

So far im really glad they put little effort to Shanks power and im sure that red+black haki which Shanks use both for his sword and gun attacks are his Advanted CoA, probably a lvl above Luffy current CoA.

Haki will be Shanks main cast, can see he having advanced CoO,CoC and CoA. Also I think all his top three having one advanted haki aswell, probably even two while Ben Beckman even having all three similar to Shanks.

Im sure we will see a new haki forms when we seeing Shanks and his crew fighting off BB later in manga.

Overall hyped to see Shanks and his power in the game,you though @Red Admiral ?

So I've finished Dressrosa, preliminary opinions.

Story mode wise, it's rather dull up until Marineford (assuming you've played a Pirate Warriors game before, which I have.) You've only got the option of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji for the most part, with Ussop occasionally in it. Ussop, for his part, is absolutely dreadful and takes an age to kill anything. Maybe I hadn't levelled him enough, I dunno. The M3 are much the same as they have been for all these games- haven't used G4 Luffy or NW Sanji yet though. For regular Luffy and Zoro though, I quite enjoy- Zoro's had most of his post skip attacks added to his repertoire and flows quite well.

From Marineford you start getting to play other characters. Whitebeard as I've mentioned is a beast, Ace and Sabo are quite nippy and fun. Franky is the least changed out of everyone I've played- he barely has any aerial attacks so he's still on the ground mostly. Jinbei's still slow as hell. Special mention goes to Law though- they've added in a lot of the moves he had against Doflamingo and it's really fun. Oda should take a look at it for any future fights, it's that good. They've stuck in him using Sterbern by having him open a Room and sending his sword whizzing about. Kid, sadly, seemed quite rubbish. Don't think they knew what to do with him since he's barely fought in the series, so his gimmick is just his attacks occasionally get bigger and it's just quite dull. Bartolomeo I only tried once but I was quite disappointed, his attacks didn't seem given have much oomph. I'll give him more of a try later.

Fujitora, Death, destroyer of worlds, has sadly been nerfed. Still has his big killer attack where he drops everyone into the chasm of hell though.
Played one game with Katakuri and his transformation is pretty awesome, the floating ring donuts appear around him and he gets off about 4 extra attacks at once.

The Vinsmokes are a shambolic decision. Cannot fathom why the designers thought that the four of them deserved to get in- actually, I can. Shared assets for the brothers. They even have some of the same attacks and just scream out laziness on behalf of the producers. Reiju is alright because she's at least a bit different.

Some very weird character choices that take away from the game. They stick a good chunk of the Kyros/Rebecca/Diamente story's in the game in cutscenes, Diamente is a boss, yet neither Kyros or Rebecca or playable or even npcs. There's a few bits like that thoughtoutk but that's been the most egregious so far.

So far I'd say it's fun, but not worth full price. Maybe if it's your first PW game, or like me, your stuck in the house anyway and need something to take up time. And it is a fun game to whittle the hours away. In terms of presentation it's a lot more polished than PW3, but the cut characters and some of the ones they chose to replace them leaves quite a bad taste. But I think when PW5 eventually comes out I'll be waiting to get it on sail. My favourites still PW2.

But I forgot to mention it's best feature, which comes in the tutorial. Luffy is fighting Big Mom when Kaido randomly jumps off a mountain and offhandedly blasts her off the island team rocket style. It's hysterical.

I suspect some of the designers may have disliked WEEEEDDDDDIINNNGGG CCAAAAAAAAAKKKKKEE as much as we did, based on that.

The Vinsmokes are a shambolic decision. Cannot fathom why the designers thought that the four of them deserved to get in- actually, I can. Shared assets for the brothers. They even have some of the same attacks and just scream out laziness on behalf of the producers. Reiju is alright because she's at least a bit different.
They put in the vinsmokes, but not Cracker or Perospero. That's really disappointing.

So I've finished Dressrosa, preliminary opinions.

Story mode wise, it's rather dull up until Marineford (assuming you've played a Pirate Warriors game before, which I have.) You've only got the option of Luffy, Zoro and Sanji for the most part, with Ussop occasionally in it. Ussop, for his part, is absolutely dreadful and takes an age to kill anything. Maybe I hadn't levelled him enough, I dunno. The M3 are much the same as they have been for all these games- haven't used G4 Luffy or NW Sanji yet though. For regular Luffy and Zoro though, I quite enjoy- Zoro's had most of his post skip attacks added to his repertoire and flows quite well.

From Marineford you start getting to play other characters. Whitebeard as I've mentioned is a beast, Ace and Sabo are quite nippy and fun. Franky is the least changed out of everyone I've played- he barely has any aerial attacks so he's still on the ground mostly. Jinbei's still slow as hell. Special mention goes to Law though- they've added in a lot of the moves he had against Doflamingo and it's really fun. Oda should take a look at it for any future fights, it's that good. They've stuck in him using Sterbern by having him open a Room and sending his sword whizzing about. Kid, sadly, seemed quite rubbish. Don't think they knew what to do with him since he's barely fought in the series, so his gimmick is just his attacks occasionally get bigger and it's just quite dull. Bartolomeo I only tried once but I was quite disappointed, his attacks didn't seem given have much oomph. I'll give him more of a try later.

Fujitora, Death, destroyer of worlds, has sadly been nerfed. Still has his big killer attack where he drops everyone into the chasm of hell though.
Played one game with Katakuri and his transformation is pretty awesome, the floating ring donuts appear around him and he gets off about 4 extra attacks at once.

Some very weird character choices that take away from the game. They stick a good chunk of the Kyros/Rebecca/Diamente story's in the game in cutscenes, Diamente is a boss, yet neither Kyros or Rebecca or playable or even npcs. There's a few bits like that thoughtoutk but that's been the most egregious so far.

So far I'd say it's fun, but not worth full price. Maybe if it's your first PW game, or like me, your stuck in the house anyway and need something to take up time. And it is a fun game to whittle the hours away. In terms of presentation it's a lot more polished than PW3, but the cut characters and some of the ones they chose to replace them leaves quite a bad taste. But I think when PW5 eventually comes out I'll be waiting to get it on sail. My favourites still PW2.
Wait the game is already out ?

They put in the vinsmokes, but not Cracker or Perospero. That's really disappointing.
I can only assume they didn't stick Cracker in because they didn't want to have to make two models (him and his biscuits). Because he's got a unique fighting style that really suits Musuo games, and the way story mode is set up is really tailed made for him being a end of mission boss for one of the WCI levels.

Perospero I can see why they didn't put him in- he's not the most important character- but yeah, if I had the option between him or the Vinbros, Perospero all the way.
Wait the game is already out ?
Aye, came out on Friday

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
How does this game stack up to Dynasty Warriors 4 thru 6?
If you like Dynasty Warriors, there is no reason for you to not like this game. Since it's made for OP fans.

@Thread
In the previous PW games Aokiji was my go to, too much range and can freeze everything in an instant, rendering everyone defenseless. Once I play through this joint I'll power rank some of these characters.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
If you like Dynasty Warriors, there is no reason for you to not like this game. Since it's made for OP fans.

@Thread
In the previous PW games Aokiji was my go to, too much range and can freeze everything in an instant, rendering everyone defenseless. Once I play through this joint I'll power rank some of these characters.
Depends on the Dynasty Warriors game. Some of the later ones (6 or 7) revamped the play style and really put me off on that generation of DW games. Are there like, "weapon" improvements you can unlock or horses or something?

ZenZu

Depends on the Dynasty Warriors game. Some of the later ones (6 or 7) revamped the play style and really put me off on that generation of DW games. Are there like, "weapon" improvements you can unlock or horses or something?
Nah it's more simplified. Weapons and items are just a part of character movesets nothing more.

I think you should be fine since it would be your first PW, so you can experience the entire roster for the first time. Some of the movesets are really well put together, but it's even more mindless than DW. There's just something satisfying about beating up fodder with different abilities from your faves.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Nah it's more simplified. Weapons and items are just a part of character movesets nothing more.

I think you should be fine since it would be your first PW, so you can experience the entire roster for the first time. Some of the movesets are really well put together, but it's even more mindless than DW. There's just something satisfying about beating up fodder with different abilities from your faves.
So, say I did buy it. What's the preferred play? Controller or keyboard & mouse?

ZenZu

So, say I did buy it. What's the preferred play? Controller or keyboard & mouse?
Controller, can't trust these Japanese developers to make a good k & m setup anyway. Last PW port was dogshit compared to the console version, tell me how it looked worse on PC?

This time it's ok.

yeap ...

Whitebeard is strongest in the game so far for me ... he is like a force of nature

2nd best is still Katakuri
3rd Best is Luffy/Kidd

Kuzan was great on keeping enemy away and slowly killing them but that was kinda boring