Gun debate thread

Do you support the 2nd Amendment?

• Total voters

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
tbh im not really into the goverment evil argument, but to act like there's no merit to it is hilariously dumb seeing how many civil wars have broken out in the past decade or so
I think there's merit to the debate.
But the merit VASTLY differs depending on the reality of public security of where one lives.

As I've said, I talk only about the reality that is close to me and that I discuss about, specifically.
Here, it would be a shit show.
:kayneshrug:

many argue radical groups like NOI and BP were a benefit to the civil rights movement
Black Panther without a doubt played a roll in the civil rights era but not because they were engaging in a shootout with government instead it was because they were organizing. Fred Hampton was one of the leading figures of the Black Panther movement and he was assassinated by the FBI not because he wanted to engage in violence but because he was actually organizing people.

Black Panther without a doubt played a roll in the civil rights era but not because they were engaging in a shootout with government instead it was because they were organizing. Fred Hampton was one of the leading figures of the Black Panther movement and he was assassinated by the FBI not because he wanted to engage in violence but because he was actually organizing people.
Yeah part of the pressure these organizations put on the goverment were because they were armed

these groups were actively pushing for black people to be armed lol

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope

Okay but we’re talking about the easily avoidable slaughter of children aren’t we? Lol
Not sure if that's how it is for quite a while now.

The "easy" part is long gone. Ending the mass shooting culture DEFINITELY would be a major endeavor.
It is getting dangerously close to be a defining cultural aspect of America, at least from an outside perspective. If it isn't already.
Which is weird because it's not only in the US that mass shootings happen, but it became the "poster boy" country for these cases.
Really troublesome.

Yeah part of the pressure these organizations put on the goverment were because they were armed

these groups were actively pushing for black people to be armed lol
Again, you have your history confused dude. Vast majority of the demonstrations in the civil rights era were done by unarmed peaceful protestors. The Black Panther Party had a very small coalition of armed protestors that had big publicity from news outlets because they were armed so that the racists can have yet another excuse to engage in violence. Where other factions of the Black Panther movement had people engage in constructive peaceful organizations like Fred Hampton who was one of the leading figures of the Black Panther.

Again, you have your history confused dude. Vast majority of the demonstrations in the civil rights era were done by unarmed peaceful protestors. The Black Panther Party had a very small coalition of armed protestors that had big publicity from news outlets because they were armed so that the racists can have yet another excuse to engage in violence. Where other factions of the Black Panther movement had people engage in constructive peaceful organizations like Fred Hampton who was one of the leading figures of the Black Panther.
no i don't, armed demonstrations were a thing and Malcom X was actively telling black people to get armed

We can't give him credit for some of the civil rights movement then act like he wasn't pro gun

no i don't, armed demonstrations were a thing and Malcom X was actively telling black people to get armed

We can't give him credit for some of the civil rights movement then act like he wasn't pro gun
Dude are you reading my posts or are you going to keep repeating yourself?

Lol I am still trying to understand that too. A couple of my friends have guns and they tell me they need it for "protection" and yet the live in one of the most safest places in the city.
I’m not going to deny that the crime rate in the US is pretty terrible, and that I didn’t feel very safe there. So I can understand fear

But gun control would be a road to reducing crime rates, for sure.