Rules Host Coordination Thread

Rej

Year of the black beard!
β€Ž
I mean i presume you saw the state of some games you coached and needed to axe them or heavily reprimand lol
A game actually never got axed, AL and Drago would just push the game back and have push someone who is ready up.
And then we come to another one of the main problems: People queue up without finished setups. They first queue up/reserve the slot, then make the setup. Which was quite the unfair reservation. Another reason why coaches actually had to look after every sign up and verify the sign ups. But in the past slank happened.

Adam 🍎

Pretty Boy
β€Ž
A game actually never got axed, AL and Drago would just push the game back and have push someone who is ready up.
And then we come to another one of the main problems: People queue up without finished setups. They first queue up/reserve the slot, then make the setup. Which was quite the unfair reservation. Another reason why coaches actually had to look after every sign up and verify the sign ups. But in the past slank happened.
I meant before, i remember calendar being discussed on OJ same as coaching. People were "fighting" over being approved only to submit games that aren't even balanced or formulated properly. I can't remember who it was, i think it was Bonnie or borto from who i coached that were only ones that actually paid attention to that

And when i took the mantle of coach and wanted to update the calendar i asked for set ups and like you said, vast majority wasn't prepped. This might be a case too here, lack of supervision just leads to lower quality

Rej

Year of the black beard!
β€Ž
I meant before, i remember calendar being discussed on OJ same as coaching. People were "fighting" over being approved only to submit games that aren't even balanced or formulated properly. I can't remember who it was, i think it was Bonnie or borto from who i coached that were only ones that actually paid attention to that

And when i took the mantle of coach and wanted to update the calendar i asked for set ups and like you said, vast majority wasn't prepped. This might be a case too here, lack of supervision just leads to lower quality
I see, yeah, people imho should slowly step back from hosting oversized games. Games of a size 16-20 have also alot of charme, you can do alot of neat extra mechanics there too. Games go by quicker, you can try alot more different experimental things out before using all your knowledge to host a greatly refined 30+ players game.

On the other hand I understand if someone wants to host a SRM once a year, but then it has to be thoughtly crafted and ready. I see so many people comming up spontanously with a huge setup they want to host, just because it is hype in their mind. And then everyone wants to do it and now things become cloggy.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
β€Ž
I mean I am mentioning it because I started on OJ with the charm of the 16-20 player games sized. And we had 3 sub sections with 2-3 games run parallel. It's prove that you can run 2 games simultanously constantly, but then the sizes have to fit.

D

Dragomir

It is that currently, especially because summer.

But ya, it'd be fine if two people had signups up nearing the end of the ongoing game, and whoever manages to fill first, can go first. I don't see why should we make this any more complex than that.
We're already pretty much doing that. The 3 games queued to go next are Ratchet, me, and Aries, and our games filled up in that order.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 π“ͺ 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽π“ͺ𝓻 ✰
β€Ž
In a parallel world if we had enough players and there was barely any overlap 2 games could easily go at the same time.

D

Dragomir

On the matter of the games themselves, I don't think that's much of an issue considering how everyone's expressed their readiness and everyone here is a host who knows how to host quality games. Literally, everyone who is scheduled to go is super experienced at hosting so supervision's not necessary for now. Though, I definitely do discourage people from trying to queue their games before they've finished or at the very least are halfway through with their setup. Saying "I will be finished by then" doesn't count. With that being said, @Ariess unless your Yu-Gi-Oh game fits those parameters, I can't let you try to queue a spot in September for it.

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
That would be nice, but that world doesn't exist for us yet.
Two 16 or 20 max player's game would be feasible.

But I can see why the host would want to put as many characters as they could from a series they enjoy.

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
Tell me about it :seriously:.
You're now hosting yours in NF right?

Do you think it will fill with the needed amount of players?

Mashiro Blue

β€Ž
I guess. I just hope flavour enjoyers from here have an account there or can make one.

BTW sign up, too.
Thank you for the invitation Flowa but I'm really taking a break from Mafia for now. In Favourites I'll probably barely make posts and... well Final Fantasy is my "forbidden love" videogames-wise.

On the matter of the games themselves, I don't think that's much of an issue considering how everyone's expressed their readiness and everyone here is a host who knows how to host quality games. Literally, everyone who is scheduled to go is super experienced at hosting so supervision's not necessary for now. Though, I definitely do discourage people from trying to queue their games before they've finished or at the very least are halfway through with their setup. Saying "I will be finished by then" doesn't count. With that being said, @Ariess unless your Yu-Gi-Oh game fits those parameters, I can't let you try to queue a spot in September for it.
Well I asked for mid September and up for my Yu-Gi-Oh game, the set up isn't the issue since I more or less have it done. The issue will be editing them into Yu-Gi-Oh cards which will take time. So my spot stays mate

ngl rn im not sure if ur trolling or serious about the game size
Pretty sure he's serious, ekko tried to do a X-Men vs avengers game on nf with 40 players. We kept telling him that wasn't possible so make the set up smaller but he was adamant about the size. The game was never made. Sometimes you need to have realistic approach on what's possible and what's reaching