Status
Not open for further replies.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
First Disclaimer - This was pre-written over the night phase. I have not, unfortunately, managed to break the record for typed words per minute.

Second Disclaimer - I had read the last 5 pages of the thread before beginning this post, so the quotes taken are informed by the revelations from the end of the day phase. This is why the likes of Pero doesn't feature prominently.

Third Disclaimer - Apologies for the harsh tone taken here at several intervals. It's not personal.
I can assure you there is 0% chance of you sitting on any throne if this is the output you're going to provide. Fluff and worthless commentary does not a good King make.
Where does this even come from? You got the wagon to 6 quite easily, I don't really see why you felt the need to build it so far when there was never really any basis behind. Did you expect Ekko to crack?
Qualify this, please.
At this point, the game was only 5 hours old. And besides, it's not like randomly asking players to vote is driving the game anywhere useful either.
Not really. I suppose yes to the former, actually, but the latter is a reasonable position to hold. People tend to assume that, when they're tagged to vote, they're being asked to do so for a reason. Remember most of these will not have read the game. Asking why seems in line with reason to me, because they simply might just be clueless.
Well, I could have told you that would happen before you even began. Pointlessly piling votes onto a player is, shockingly, pointless. I appreciate the attempt to engage, but it was never going to yield much from the start. Right idea, poor execution.
Let's not sart making sweeping (and inaccurate) statements about what a townie would or would not do.
I mean, it can't really get a lo simpler. It's just hit majority and then have an extra vote afterwards to lock the lynch in. Beyond that you'll need to read to understand the roles in play.

These posts come back to back. First you ask for reads, and then, when you're asked for them back, you qualify them with "well, nothing has really happened". So why are you asking for them in the first place? It feels to me like you originally asked that question for the sake of it. Not scummy, per se, but performative on some level.
...What? The "Watson" is a pretty common archetype to denote the asistant to a detective. According to Knox's 9th, the Watson is actually more of a plot element designed to allow the reader to compete with someone of slightly lower-than-average intelligence (of the readers themselves, not in general), because it's typically unfair to compete with the Detective. I'm very interested in seeing how you came to the conclusion it was a hint rather than an invitation to partner up.
You've mentioned this several times by now. If you're not going to make a case, you can just leave it. It doesn;t need repeating again and again.

You are certainly not getting the throne next.
It remains unqualified, though.
I mean, given that he expressed a town read of Light, you would expect him to defend his town reads, yes?
Ekko, you earlier used the term "FoS". FoS (Finger of Suspicion) is there to cast the idea of suspicion without having any mechanical consequences in the game (like a vote). This position seems strange to come from someone familiar with and actively using the term.
And why is that?
I mean, it's better than just going in agreement with them, but Null is basically no opinion too.
Well we have an opinion, but it's about as vague and useless as it could be. You really might as well be saying the stars told you.
I think that was fairly implicit, yes.
You seem to be entirely uninterested with actually attempting to engage with the game on any level of solving here.
Yes, agreed. Good post.
I can't remember why I quoted this, sorry.
Then start? What you're doing now surely won't be cracking any eggs open here.
So I find it interesting that you omit Drago here, but include Conq specifically, despite him having maybe one post at this point. Why does he deserve an explicit mention, and not to be grouped into the "others didn't really post yet" pile, and yet Drago has none?
I am sure you must have a better process of reading players than just how little they seem to care about the game. This is pretty poor reasoning, especially given the level of conviction you had earlier over Pero.
I don't understand why it being a game would preclude you from engaging with that game?
So why not mention in that list "Null, because I don't know how to read him"? You saw fit to say several players didn't ping you, and naught else, so you could at least provide that much for Drago.
I mean, that has no bearing on this game.
If you're not going to actually establish a reverse volume tell, what is this post doing?
Yeah, this doesn't strike me as genuine. I know you are more sincere than this, Rottkins.
Both of them are just Mafia on easy mode.
Why do you feel the need to defend her on the basis of meta?
No one is going to listen to any legacy you have when you've so far done nothing to give anyone a reason to do so.
You would expect them to reply, yes?
Do yu think he would need to overextend to lynch you here? On the basis of your play to date?
I don't know if I agree that TMI must be the reason, but holistically yes, good post.
Are you planning on actually pushing this lynch at all, or just asking people about it?
Yes, I see that.
Strike 1. Why are you even invested in the outcome here? You offer several posts around Doddsy, and I don't know why.
So in other words, scummy behaviour. Can you explain then why that doesn't translate to a scum read?
You can't just ask people to unvote without giving a better suggestion as to where they should vote instead, especially if you tag them.
So you were planning on wasting the first half of the day anyway?
Give them a reason?
Okay, then instead of being ambivalent around this position, stick to it. If you don't want to be tagged, then you don't need to offer suggestions. I will not aim to impede your wincon Flower, but I will need you to work with me.
Are you planning on elaborating here?
Yes, that's fair. I had the same impression in my skim through.
Strike 2. Any roles that can discern this are few and far between, so anyone who comes forward answering this risks exposing themselves needlessly. I'm going to need you to start thinking these comments through more before you post them.
Then let's hear a better option?
Yes, if you want to play like a literal ape, carry on. Claiming is a part of Mafia, I haven't read a single quality post from you up to this point, or even really an attempt to play the game. You've earned your position.
Again, you can't just demand people vote without giving a reason? If someone reads this post and decides to sheep, then what? How does that help anyone?
I'm not sure it even really matters, to be honest. Just do whatever you feel like for now.
Yes, agreed. Alas, we're dealing with... well, I won't be mean.
If Zolo insists on only posting that, then it's very much within my interests that he's at least pressured into claiming. Otherwise how will I ever read him? Guess?
I feel like you're just parroting here.

So, talk me through this please. You seem to be implying that Ekko could be scum with Pero and not voting to save him. Can you explain, then, why Ekko doesn't just dip from the thread and not post, instead of post and make it overt that he wants to take the lynch away from Pero? I don't really feel like you've thought this out at all.
I mean, I guess compromise is good, but the fact you seem to not even mention that you're compromising by voting your town read here is alarming to me.
Yes, how very glib. If you'd claimed when you were first pushed to L-1 it could have all been avoided.
Yes, good post.
You are still a town vote.
Well then you could have done more to push that.

I've typed this all up between 1-2 am and I'm getting tired and my fingers are beginning to get sore, so the following reads list will be without qualification.

Flowa - Indie
Ekko - Town
Yelan - Scum
Pero - Town
Conq - Scum
Nana - Null/Town
Reborn - Null/Town
Doddsy - Null/Scum
hime - Scum
Dragomir - Town
Lord Melkor - Null/Scum
Xlaw - Null/Scum
Zolo - Scum
QueenEmilia - Null
Rottkins - Null/Scum
Light - Town
Lanji - Null/Scum
Quite detailed read you have here

Impressive efforts

But I feel like it's more of a conscious efforts from you here to come across as town.

Reborn

does any of this need immediate response? i didnt read the whole thing

welcome to the game

disagree with the hime read btw. shes most likely town.

and reborn im null/scum on him probably

rest i more or less on board with
Why you always scum read me? lmao

I am waiting for the day when ekko kun will town read me for a change :optimistic:

Reborn

@Ekkologix why you read lanji specifically as indie before he even claimed? He barely posted yesterday so how you picked on him being as indie?

Status
Not open for further replies.