If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lawsigh: the discussions about this chapter ascended beyond any iq ever recorded in human history, you gotta be a genius in order to pretend to be that stupid

2 admirals get staled by multiple commander tier fighters = they're garbage

2 yonkos get staled by multiple commander tier fighters= OMG they're so strong

"bUt AkAinU sAiD tHeY hAvE nO eXcUseS"

Obviously akainu's gonna say that, dude killed an entire country, he always takes things to the extreme, but in reality it's obvious the excuse works, fujitora wasn't gonna use meteorites at marijoie and Aramaki wasn't gonna turn the place into a forest
Take it easy. This is too much logic. Some Yonkou fans will get a headache.

I totally agree, I basically dropped the manga at this point. I come back every so often to see if anything changed but honestly I'm completely disconnected from it now. And Im not the only one, there's a reason sales are dropping for it and it seems like Hori is rushing it out the door, MHA really overstayed its welcome
The only time the edginess worked was todorokis final fight because it fit him and his opponent

2 admirals get staled by multiple commander tier fighters = they're garbage

2 yonkos get staled by multiple commander tier fighters= OMG they're so strong
Funny, i've heard the opposite

when Scabbards started vs Kaido, everyone was shitting on him

and before the full summary dropped, the Admiral fanboys were all saying Ryokugyu is amazing for fighting them all by himself

My Hero Academias edginess is really lame.
AFO became lame as soon as his motivation for evil turned out to come from comic books, and Shigaraki looks more and more likely to be converted to good by Deku.

Star and Stripe, Dabi, Jin, Endeavor, all the good characters went to waste too early or got ruined in some other manner.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Zoro's bounty really will make or break his portrayal. If he gets a regular commander tier bounty that ain't good portrayal tbh.
The only portrayal that you should remember from Wano so far is this:
1 - Beating someone tougher than Kaido in record time.
2 - Superiority over Kaido in clashes with all of his 3 different forms.
3 - The only one who can face Hakai. The only one to survive doubled Hakai.

There is more stuff that will come but the bounty is certainly not a thing that should be impressive for non-captains unless Oda really rewards the one who kills the unkillable. :finally:

Well, there is a problem with this. First of all, Whitebeard was not someone to actively surpass for Luffy. He died during Marineford being eaten up by his own disease. Secondly, Kaido isn't the final villain, maybe not even the second last, as we still have Blackbeard and Im. Even if we treat Im as a wild card (though he is set up to be the anti Joyboy), we have Blackbeard. You shouldn't make the same mistake as those saying Shanks > Mihawk purely because Luffy wants to beat him, since Shanks isn't the final villain either. Roger and Whitebeard were the peak of the old era, which the new era will surpass through Luffy and Blackbeard. Kaido was just another silver medalist who got beaten just right after Luffy awakened his fruit, yet not being at his peak just yet. Whitebeard being introduced didn't disprove Mihawk's WSS title. While Whitebeard did not get dethroned either, as we established.

Power wise, it would rather be Roger >= Whitebeard. They were portrayed as equal fighters, while Roger had like a year or so to live, with severe illness himself. And Kaido specifically saying how Roger conquered the world with power (Haki) contradicts the notion of Roger being just held in high regard due to his group achievements. Like literally, Sengoku said that Ace had the potential to stand atop of the world merely by having Roger's blood running through his veins. And that is even though Ace rejected being associated with Roger at all.
No problem with it from my point of view...
Exactly that fact that WB was not a goal of main crew is what makes it pointless to be above Kaido who was the goal of main crew...
Kaido isnt the final villain certainly but he was treated with an amazing gauntlet while Blackbeard and Im most likely wont get that.
It is certainly possible that someone surpasses Kaido for the same reason why WB surpassed Mihawk and Kaido surpassed WB - hype.
However, technically, Blackbeard doesnt need to surpass Kaido to give Luffy a harder fight due to him being a bad match-up for Luffy.

Im is certainly a good option if someone is supposed to surpass Kaido as a villain and could also get a gauntlet a la Enel style.
I think you are undermining Kaido with "got beat as soon as Luffy awakened" considering that he KOed G5 twice, after an all-nighter vs 15 people...

Whitebeard did disprove Mihawk being World's Strongest because that's what he was called in his intro, aside from WSS.
Cant dethroned WB when he never had the throne. It always belonged to Kaido, since basically God Valley or a couple of years after that... How can it be Roger>Whitbeard when WB is WSM? They were portrayed equal in a clash that didnt have a victor. WSM says that a victor would be WB. Akainu and Aokiji are equal for 9 days. On the 10th day, Akainu is a victor.

Roger's greatest achievements are sailing the seas and finding islands nobody found. That's where WB cant hold a candle. However, WB is superior in 1vs1 and in troops that can answer his call. From what we know, Roger had nothing close to WB's armada in Marineford.
Standing atop of the world due to Roger's blood... I cant really make any sense of that. Would WB's son stand atop of the world due to WB's blood? Does it work for Kaido's son too? I think you read too much into that. I doubt it is about the actual blood but rather the inherited will.

It's funny how most the fandom assumed Sabo killing Cobra (or at least being framed for it) would make the revolutionnary looks bad but it's the opposite. Sabo is literally treated as if he was a God all around the world
Imagine being Vivi lol
Why would sabo kill cobra
Is he desperate for coochie

Status
Not open for further replies.