If Oda wrote a One Piece Spinoff, what would be the best spinoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And people keep taking the intent of the author to suggest Shanks is eViL. Like Satan evil because everyone is being extreme and can't imagine characters having layers or being remotely complex.

No, I don't think Shanks is evil, stop saying I think this. I think he's an antagonist. An antagonist does not mean he's evil. It does not mean he's ultimately a villain with evil intent. He can be an antagonist with flawed views or altruistic motives. He can be morally grew. He can be complex. Like...this isn't that hard to grasp.
if he stands in the way of luffy getting the one piece
he is an antagonist

thats all it comes down to really .

Seriously, I can't believe a page like this can release and people still think Shanks is Luffy's ally and not the very least an antagonist:

This is like the 6th or 7th time Oda has given Shanks a very dark/menacing presence that counters a lot of the other side you see of him, even in this chapter with his crew.

Think about how the author deliberately draws this dudes eyes and face. How he half shades one half of his face to really establish his intent about One Piece in a dark way. How Benn Beckman says absolutely nothing the entire time, relative to how the rest of the crew is acting.

These things are intentional. The intent by the author is there. You don't have this person act this way, talk to Gorosei, respected by Sengoku, end wars, clash with Yonko and Admirals, etc, and expect him to just be this cool guy that supports Luffy and hands the keys over.

You also shouldn't expect this person to be offscreened or defeated by another antagonist when he himself is being portrayed as one with his own hidden motives, whether or not hes using Luffy and/or the WG to do so.

But I guess this cycle will continue until the manga full on shows some of you readers instead of just strongly implying it.....
cope

he will die to BB offscreen

Oh so you got it all confirmed huh just like you did when you sayed "fodder can't talk to the gorsei only special people can" lol at least wait till shanks do evil shit
Once again, another brainlet saying I believe Shanks is evil lmao

And if you are referring to this post: https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...er-1037-spoiler-discussion.20455/post-2331430

The fodder did not talk to the Gorosei, they were talking separately about Nika, while the fodder were talking to each other. At the time Kizaru was falsely implied to be in Wano due to early spoilers, so I assumed it would have been Kizaru talking to them.

It turns out nobody was and CP0 talked them directly.

Did I say he doesn't have haki? Show me one panel of Lidd coating his attacks in haki, I'll show you dozens of panels of his scrap metal being destroyed by literally everything, imagine a swordsman lose his swords trying to block a flying slash. Apoo vaporized his arm in the anime, it's that bad. :kayneshrug:
I don't think Kidd can blacken his scrap metals with his level of haki. That was never my point. You're claiming that he can't touch GB. Since when does hardening your body or weapon is the only means for haki to touch a logia?

Your point is also as ridiculous saying Law cant put haki in his DF abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.