Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of One Piece appeal comes from the fact that Oda let’s his reader’s imagination fill the gaps
This can also be a good thing. Oda makes us more creative (lol) and gives birth to high quality fan art

I'm not sure Oda is too incompetent to draw such moments.
He just doesn't enjoy drawing them and prefers the funny goofy comedy stuff

its understandable why he does this tho
you dont want to show everything akainu has , shanks has , mihawk has etc before they go down

naruto is just built differently cause there are so many jutsus , techniques that a fighter can always pull up .
in one piece its really down to a few things like an advanced form of haki, df awakening etc.
No there are lots of diverse fighting styles all the way down to rokushiki etc .

Thing is fans of those characters are gonna feel a lot of disappointment when a story has been going on 25 years and in the end they’re gonna end up being overhyped
you make a good point
I think of characters who fans have anticipated for years and this final saga is really where we can see if it pays off .
most villains tend to go down an arc or two arcs later so it doesnt take that long to get a return on time investment.

like imagine being a shanks fan from the first one piece chapter, hell of a long wait.

you make a good point
I think of characters who fans have anticipated for years and this final saga is really where we can see if it pays off .
most villains tend to go down an arc or two arcs later so it doesnt take that long to get a return on time investment.

like imagine being a shanks fan from the first one piece chapter, hell of a long wait.
Imagine being a Shanks fan and the only way is his character can go is that he’s either a hype tool for Blackbeard or a Villain plotline that if Oda doesn’t do it right would be complete bullshit writing

Status
Not open for further replies.