Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

My only hope for the One Piece Live Action series is this:

I don't believe the series can be good, i just can't see the One Piece story working as live action (i could be wrong)

but, i hope it isn't just "okay"

i would rather the series be horrible to give me a couple of laughs watching

than it being kinda good and kinda bad, and just leaving a meh after taste

so i'm rooting for it to be either amazingly great that i didn't even think it was possible

or i want it to be horrible so i can have some good laughs with it
I'm hoping it will be better than Netflix's version of Death Note and Cowboy Bebop at least.

It could be another 4Kids situation that it becomes a meme fest especially in our current meme obsession generation too.

It will help if they focus on OPs strengths of its writing, emotional moments, character interactions, eccentricity and such, if they understand why OP does it so well, why it works and try to replicate/incorporate that too.

The cast seem really enthusiastic and some of them being actual fans apparently too. I've seen Sanjis actor working hard at training to try to do Sanjis moves and getting fitter and more agile in general for the role, Zoro's actor is apparently an accomplished actor and the one who played Kenshin in the Rurouni Kenshin live action films Japan made I believe too, they were really good too! Best live action adaptations I've seen tbh!

I really like Namis and Usopps casting too as well as some others like Zeff, , Shanks, Mihawk and such so I have high hopes so far. The cast might just carry the series which is gonna be needest most given how almost impossible OP will be to replicate successfully in live action too.

It also makes me think of how the 3rd Pirates of the Carribean/POTC film was the most expensive film ever made until recently too I believe? Now imagine something pirate themed like that but with the sheer scale, absurdity, complexity, variety and such of One Piece?

I really hope they laser focus the series and just focus on the characters mostly and thus the writing too hopefully. Nail the acting and writing most of all, as well as cinematography/shooting too ofc! I'm worried they may have spent too much time, money, effort and whatever other resources into making actual replicas of OP locations like the Baratie and where Buggy almost killed Luffy/where Roger was executed in Loguetown but I'm obviously no expert on these things ofc lol.

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Can you even imagine Mackenyu pulling off holding a sword with his mouth? because i can't tbh

I do agree his stuff on the Rurouni Kenshin movies were great
I’ll need to see it to believe it for sure, but I remember this super blurry set leak that came out of one of the stunt actors doing it

if they use a piece for the hilt and cgi the rest it might turn out ok

I'm interested to see what Horikoshi does after MHA

I think he has great ideas, and he can also draw incredible stuff when he wants to

but it's clear he burned out from MHA pretty fast

with the My Villain Arc, the last few arcs, i'm starting to think he might move on to drawing a seinen after MHA

that would be kinda cool
I want Hori to do a more hardcore series with more horror elements, like One Punch Man, or even Berserk, but make it bi-monthly or monthly, so he has more time, better health, and hopefully a dedicated editor. Hori seems to not handle changing editors well, IMO.

Meeyori

❀ 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝓅𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓈𝓈 ❀
Even if the show is bad, I'll appreciate the sets at least. Baratie looked fantastic.

I just have no idea how to make Luffy's ability look good in live action. Zoro and Sanji are easy enough, and no is Nami, but the stretching CGI will literally make or break this show. If Luffy looks like a joke people will treat the show like a joke, even if it's a good adaptation of the story.
I agree, I think the single most important thing in the show that will absolutely make or break it is Luffy, if Luffy isn’t perfect then nothing else is by default

Natsu is compared to Luffy
Zoro has as insane plot armor as Erza and does crazy things like her in the manga although Erza has a better build than Zoro
Look I’m gonna be honest here
Zoro using adv CoC was stupid
20 chapters ago he didn’t even knew that he has CoC
but this is not only Zoro's problem, it’s a general problem in OP
Luffy got a power up after power up because he "understood" some things and had flashbacks
Zoro too
Sanji too
It’s just stupid writing

I want Hori to do a more hardcore series with more horror elements, like One Punch Man, or even Berserk, but make it bi-monthly or monthly, so he has more time, better health, and hopefully a dedicated editor. Hori seems to not handle changing editors well, IMO.
I'm reading One Punch Man right now, i'm at chapter 80

and even though i've already saw the first two seasons of the anime

the manga is something else

that art is incredible man

there's so many panels where i just stop and keep looking at the drawing, Yusuke Murata is a fucking genius

Status
Not open for further replies.