Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Are you kink shaming me?

:mihugh::queenhear:

I hate the nosebleed trope massively tbh so that doesnt help but it being exaggerated to that point, to the fact Sanji almost literally died and needed a blood transfusion to save his life, the Okama nurses after he spent 2 years of his own personal Hell with Okamas chasing him endlessly and such, it just felt truly fucking sadistic on Oda's part.

It just felt like he was really picking on and punishing Sanji post TS, bullying, shaming etc.
I don't think that was "sadistic".
I think that was extremely retarded from Oda. On first hand, you have great okama characters like Bon Clay, Ivankov, and even the Edward Scissors hands one. On the other, you have characters intentionally designed as freaking abominations that want to "turn people into okamas".

The only good thing about this whole plot is the "i ran and i ran until....i flew!" part.

To me, the part that offended me the most, as a Sanji fan, is 100% Punk Hazard. Considering how protective Sanji is of Nami, what made more sense to me, at the time, would be that he would be E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y overprotective of her body (but would definitely take a peak when no one was around, because if you've seen some "guy and gal swap bodies" story before, you know that happens 10 out of 10 times).
Sanji just popping Nami's tits in front of everybody was the most random thing ever.
The dragon part joke was funny and the lake part was cool, but the rest? Oda just channeled his inner pervert there to the maximum.
Not the first time Oda makes someone acts completely "out of character" as well. Robin going "mother mode" with Momo and being oblivious to his ill intentions is also stupid. Robin is sharp as fuck. Robin should smell those hormones from that kid from 100 miles away.

R

rubblerust

1056 title: "Death of the System"
- whole chapter is about the warlords
- Koby lets Boa escape because of shared love for Luffy
- Weevil's mother is dead
- Weevil says he wants to find his "brothers" and reform Whitebeard Pirates
- Buggy, Mihawk, and baboon army destroy entire armada of marine ships
- bounties shown for all former warlords, but not SH crew

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
Yeah hes a "pervert" funnily enough indeed, although he probably calls himself one too? I know there is a pun in Japanese with formation or transformation also being "hentai" in Japanese? So its based on that too like that hilarious gag with the flying fish riders and him?

But yeah, Franky is like those guys at the pool and beach, the sort of Borat-like guys or "British tourists" who need the world to see as much of their body as they can legally and leave as little to the imagination as possible, but usually they have the dad bods, beer bellies, hairy and such lmfao. Its so cursed.

At least Franky is ripped so its not as bad! Also a complete chad of a character in general! Although I used to loathe him and his family for beating up Usopp so badly lol.
I love how natural and effortlessly Oda turned Franky into a likable character in Water7.
This fucker brutalized and humiliated Usopp alongside his gang and, before we reached the Sea Train, I already had a completely different view on him. Just on that scene of him interacting with Usopp on his hideout.
Water7 is truly peak One Piece. Kinda cray cray.

1056 title: "Death of the System"
- whole chapter is about the warlords
- Koby lets Boa escape because of shared love for Luffy
- Weevil's mother is dead
- Weevil says he wants to find his "brothers" and reform Whitebeard Pirates
- Buggy, Mihawk, and baboon army destroy entire armada of marine ships
- bounties shown for all former warlords, but not SH crew
Weak bait, never gonna fool anyone with that corny ass title

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I’ve not even taken a gander at what’s being said in here. 6/10 should cover all bases tho.
I'm glad you were able to confirm it

I don't think that was "sadistic".
I think that was extremely retarded from Oda. On first hand, you have great okama characters like Bon Clay, Ivankov, and even the Edward Scissors hands one. On the other, you have characters intentionally designed as freaking abominations that want to "turn people into okamas".

The only good thing about this whole plot is the "i ran and i ran until....i flew!" part.

To me, the part that offended me the most, as a Sanji fan, is 100% Punk Hazard. Considering how protective Sanji is of Nami, what made more sense to me, at the time, would be that he would be E-X-T-R-E-M-E-L-Y overprotective of her body (but would definitely take a peak when no one was around, because if you've seen some "guy and gal swap bodies" story before, you know that happens 10 out of 10 times).
Sanji just popping Nami's tits in front of everybody was the most random thing ever.
The dragon part joke was funny and the lake part was cool, but the rest? Oda just channeled his inner pervert there to the maximum.
Not the first time Oda makes someone acts completely "out of character" as well. Robin going "mother mode" with Momo and being oblivious to his ill intentions is also stupid. Robin is sharp as fuck. Robin should smell those hormones from that kid from 100 miles away.
That body swap part in punk hazard part is the coup de grace I'm talkin about with my friend
My friend already really dislikes Sanji's gag to the point where he's disappointed in him in his regular heart eyes mode "this is what you're reduced to" is what he usually says. The fight with Mr. 2 was basically ruined for him because of his deal with not attackin a lady.

I am morbidly curious on how he'll react since as you said it's an extremely out-of-character perv moment for Sanji and a bit of a outlier weird moment in general for the series.
:usoprice:

Status
Not open for further replies.