Status
Not open for further replies.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
From a personal standpoint, it sucks, but from a legal pov, you can't have companies that can contain huge flows of money working in your country for free.
If it's demanded, it's demanded.
These companies have legal departments that SHOULD have taken care of it.
Seems to me they just want the carrot, but not the stick.
Besides, there's no reason for these companies not to work again over there if their situation is normalized.
It sucks, but it's the way it goes.
:kayneshrug:
yeah for the bigger scale, the regulation is very good.
but we talking about very big names like PayPal, Steam, Amazon, and Epic Games (Fortnite, etc) got blocked.
which is many people working depend on those website.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
A lot of people have invested upwards of 1000 dollars in steam
I am talking about the intrinsic value of the sites. Paypal is needed by freelancers to get paid and I am sure they have other utilities in Indonesia. Amazon is also very useful (depends on if Indonesia has any local alternative).

But Game Libraries aren't exactly going to impact a lot of regular people's livelihood. Gamers will vent, justifiably too, but I stand by my point.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
From a personal standpoint, it sucks, but from a legal pov, you can't have companies that can contain huge flows of money working in your country for free.
If it's demanded, it's demanded.
These companies have legal departments that SHOULD have taken care of it.
Seems to me they just want the carrot, but not the stick.
Besides, there's no reason for these companies not to work again over there if their situation is normalized.
It sucks, but it's the way it goes.
:kayneshrug:
Humanity should abandon the laws of rich hypocrites and embrace the laws of nature. Living a quiet, kind life and dying either peacefully or quickly is a hell of a lot better than whatever the fuck this is.

Nature is just a cycle of life consuming and growing. Modern society is parasitic and toxic. Our bodies are so full of industrial shit that animals can't eat us without getting sick.

History is full of conmen swooping in to mine boons in industries for all they're worth, then leave the people to rot after. Gold rushes, oil rushes, etc. There are entire empty cities in China, who never had anyone live in them.

The laws of man are fucking worthless. Death comes to all, no matter what laws men make (we need more laws made by women). I respect sensible laws, but if your laws tell me to kill gay people, then you can view my middle finger, free of charge. People need to change laws on the local level and create groups that can defend against rich assholes like Doflamingo and Crocodile. This isn't One Piece. The assholes who steal our freedom are way fucking weaker than what Vivi and Rebecca had to deal with.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
yeah for the bigger scale, the regulation is very good.
but we talking about very big names like PayPal, Steam, Amazon, and Epic Games (Fortnite, etc) got blocked.
which is many people working depend on those website.
It boils down to "what else are you willing to give up, as a sovereign nation, in order to have "stuff"?"

Dealing with companies is always a little bit more tricky than dealing with people because of that.
If a person commits a crime, the Gov punishes that person and that's it.
If a company commits a crime, then it becomes more complicated because:
1- you have to "individualize" the crime, which means, you have to find the people inside the company that are responsible;
2- at the same time, you have to create ways to "preserve" the company because it is part of a determined "chain of production" or service inside your economy.

Idk how it works there, but, in brazilian law, there's little interest in "punishing companies". Some retarded "anti-corruption" taskforce a few years ago decided to go "full circus" and basically destroyed the national civil construction industry in its entirety.
Result? Dozens of thousands of people lost their jobs, engineers became uber drivers or ifood deliverers, they recovered a few billions, but the economy suffered a damage much bigger than "a few billions".

In short, it's a complex situation anywhere in the world, but remember that you shouldn't just blame the gov, but also the companies that, despite knowing the local legislation, decided to ignore it.

R

rubblerust

Oda probably created more supernovas than he knows what to do with. Could be Bonney and Urouge end up doing nothing now that he's focused on ending things quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.