Who is the man with the burn mark?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gorosei Informer

Wano was pretty much the Litmus test to see how Oda would handle the final arc, and I am really worried now. Similarly, Captain America Civil War was the test to see if the Russo Brothers could handle Avengers Infinity War, and Endgame. That movie was really good because it managed to handle a large cast of characters, while never losing sight of its plot. It had to give a valid excuse on why Stark would go out of retirement, and set up everyone's motivation to pick a side. It had to be a Captain America sequel while also being Avengers 2.5. It had to introduce Spider-man, and Black Panther into the story. In the hands of other directors, and studios it could have been an absolute disaster, and they handled it like champs. This was possibly RDJ's best performance in the MCU. I remember going out of the theater with my bff extremely excited for IW, and that movie lived up to the hype. I did not love Endgame but it was still a worthy finale.

Wano still had its moments but Oda messed on parts where he should have not that you pointed out. Civil War challenged our heroes in every way while Wano did not. I had this whole scenario that Blackbeard would come, make the raid fail and declare himself as the son of Xebec, and revive the Rocks Pirates thus becoming the greatest threat the world has ever seen (teased by Garp). My act 4 would have been about the crew raising from the ashes with Zoro surpassing Oden and rallying the people of Wano to take matters into their own hands. I had this whole image that CP0 would give into Orochi's demand to bring Vegapunk to his country as a way to bring Smoker, and Tashigi into the story. This time the marine duo would protect the Straw Hats. In my headcanon, Tashigi was gonna teach the weaker Straw Hats Haki, and a heart to heart moment with Marimo. Sandai Kitestsu would have been destroyed in the raid thus giving Nidai an actual role. Momo would have entrusted Ame No Habakiri to Tashigi. I would have explored how Zoro's past in Wano, and how he landed in East Blue. I would have started the epic tale of Luffy, and Smoker teaming up and taking down the Rocks pirates like Roger, and Garp before them.
I didn't know that about the MCU, thats really interesting. I really hated Sam and Bucky in that one but I didn't see the Captain America films either. I felt really sorry for Stark and RDJ really sold the film on his acting as usual too.

Infinity War was great, I really enjoyed it, it was peak MCU for real and thankfully they didn't fuck it up despite the immense pressure/expectations but Endgame definitely had some issues, although it some pretty nice stuff too.

Thats a great comparison with Civil War and Wano. What you wrote there is so much more exciting, thrilling and interesting than what we got. I genuinely hoped for a very similar situation to what you described at least.

I'm so extremely frustrated with how Ame No Habakiri and Nidai Kitetsu were wasted/forgotten but its just more collateral damage in this Titanic shipwreck of an arc.

Tashigi getting Ame would have been fantastic OMG, I LOVE that! KiriNigiri and Den_Den_Mushi (I'm not sure if they read spoilers) but their input regarding Wano and Tashigi especially would be fantastic too, I always enjoyed their posts for years including back on Oro Jackson! I used to discuss with them both I think in the Tashigi FC on there, the Zoro x Tashigi one especially hahaha! That was a very long time ago now though, many years ago?

Such fantastic ideas man, it makes me even sadder for what we actually got in the end instead and its so frustrating.

Honestly, this "Cross Guild" alliance is just Oda putting all fan fav characters with no relevancy in the story into 1 group so that he could give an illusion to the reader that they are doing "something" in the story.
He also is probably sick of stupid theories like Mihawk joining the RHP and then getting killed by Shiryu. :gokulaugh:

Why would Kidd ally with BB? Don't see that happening, he is too prideful. Also lets be real Kidd is the weak link in that scenario. His crew isn't that strong.
I wouldn't call it a real alliance, just Kid conveniently picking the right time to attack.

Like if Kid would ever strike Shanks, it would be best when Shanks/Buggy are striking Blackbeard.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
One piece is ass and you know it.

Zoro is ruined and so is mihawk. This is coming from a guy who isn't a fan of them
Neither Zoro nor Mihawk is ruined. We will not know Zoro's backstory, that's bad. But only because Oda hinted at it, not because it was necessary for Zoro.

Mihawk is also fine. He is still not with Shanks and joining Buggy seems fine. Crocodile also joined, so I am not worried at all.

Do I expect Zoro or Mihawk to get a good end after this? No. But, as of now, both are fine. As long as Zoro doesn’t get a retcon like Nika, it will be okay. And not being a centerpiece probably ensures it.

How is buggy going make a claim to OP? Has zero ponoglpyhs, and if he wanted he's going to encounter SH which is probably going to happen so zoro can get his wss title before Shiryu/WG Fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.