Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It is the best ending for her. But more than she deserved to be honest. Best she could do is be a lawn mower
I mean, if the options are:
  • Join the crew and be utterly useless (other than forcing Chopper out of the Weak Trio), since they’re gonna be facing Yonko and admiral level opponents from here on out and she couldn’t even wash non-YC Perospero while she was in Sulong form
  • Don’t join the crew but also don’t do anything else of note
  • Don’t join the crew, lead her entire nation and support Luffy in the same capacity when the final war begins
I’d have a pretty easy time choosing which one sounds the best, don’t know about you or any other motherfucker around here…

Genuinely quite impressed at how “Carrot should be leader of Zou” has united practically everyone into making this face :whitepress:
There’s no buildup for Carrot to become the ruler of Zou whatsoever. This was straight out of left field and was definitely not planned by Oda of ahead of time.

I suspect Oda mainly decided to make Carrot the ruler of Zou as a sort of consolation prize for the Carrot for Nakama advocates and fans so they don’t take a complete L this Saga.

I‘m no fan of Carrot but this is some pretty sloppy work on Oda part and he handled her character pretty poorly in Wano.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
https://cdn.onepiecechapters.com/file/opctcb/onepiece/onepiecechapters_964_14.jpg
https://cdn.onepiecechapters.com/file/opctcb/onepiece/onepiecechapters_966_13.jpg

The dukes followed oden. Luffy is extremely oden like. He is likely the most oden like in all of wano. Carrot may follow Luffy.... How she does it delays the joins, but confirms something else.
See, this is where y’all start to fall off every single time…it’s perfectly acceptable for Carrot to be analogous to Neko and Inu by stowing away on a famous pirate’s ship, but NOT for Yamato to do the exact same thing in the exact same place and time like Oden did (and lest we forget, Oden is the one who MEANT to go, the others just followed). Nobody can sufficiently explain to me why the rabbit gets to follow in the precise footsteps of those before her, but NOT Kaido’s daughter, it’s a bullshit double standard.

See, this is where y’all start to fall off every single time…it’s perfectly acceptable for Carrot to be analogous to Neko and Inu by stowing away on a famous pirate’s ship, but NOT for Yamato to do the exact same thing in the exact same place and time like Oden did (and lest we forget, Oden is the one who MEANT to go, the others just followed). Nobody can sufficiently explain to me why the rabbit gets to follow in the precise footsteps of those before her, but NOT Kaido’s daughter, it’s a bullshit double standard.
So you see the commonalities between yamato/carrot too..... That's fine. Could you not put me in a crowd. I know I like carrot but I that doesn't mean I think/say the same things as other fans.

The main theme I'm seeing is about inheriting the will of someone you want to inherit the will of. Yamato rejected becoming wano's ruler, what wrong with Carrot rejecting the will to rule zou? Ya'll keep saying carrot is being an ass for not serving her people but make a free pass for Yamato.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I mean, if the options are:
  • Join the crew and be utterly useless (other than forcing Chopper out of the Weak Trio), since they’re gonna be facing Yonko and admiral level opponents from here on out and she couldn’t even wash non-YC Perospero while she was in Sulong form
  • Don’t join the crew but also don’t do anything else of note
  • Don’t join the crew, lead her entire nation and support Luffy in the same capacity when the final war begins
I’d have a pretty easy time choosing which one sounds the best, don’t know about you or any other motherfucker around here…
As much as I want Ol
to join what you're saying is a big elephant in the room

We all saw the treatment that Usopp got in a big ass arc like Wano

There would be real concern that history would repeat itself and she would get neglected again

Maybe it could work if Oda reduces the scale of future arcs a little bit to focus more on the Straw Hats

But the future would definitely be uncertain for a bit if she does join

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
It’s Y’ALL :lusalty:
So you see the commonalities between yamato/carrot too..... That's fine. Could you not put me in a crowd. I know I like carrot but I that doesn't mean I think/say the same things as other fans.

The main theme I'm seeing is about inheriting the will of someone you want to inherit the will of. Yamato rejected becoming wano's ruler, what wrong with Carrot rejecting the will to rule zou? Ya'll keep saying carrot is being an ass for not serving her people but make a free pass for Yamato.
Because Yamato inherited Oden’s and Ace’s will - not Kaido’s - in the exact same way you think Carrot is determined to do, the relationship between Yamato and her dad is very different than that between Carrot and her leaders so it’s apples to oranges comparing their presumptive positions of power. Yamato would have been FORCED into the role against her will; Carrot is being ASKED and received support from her friends in the same moment while her inherited will was also referenced.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If this chapter had been exactly the same EXCEPT Wanda and Shisilian didn’t chime in to buoy Carrot, if the dukes had asked her in a vacuum and it cut away with her being more apprehensive, I’d believe that she might turn it down. As it is, having her friends talk about staying by her side in the role of leader makes me 100 percent certain she’ll choose to do it; @Paperchampion23 was kind enough to post the panel of Roger and Pedro earlier and the Pirate King only says that everyone has a moment to shine…fight it all you want, but this is what that means, it’s Carrot’s opportunity to do something useful in the world.

It’s Y’ALL:lusalty:

Because Yamato inherited Oden’s and Ace’s will - not Kaido’s - in the exact same way you think Carrot is determined to do, the relationship between Yamato and her dad is very different than that between Carrot and her leaders so it’s apples to oranges comparing their presumptive positions of power. Yamato would have been FORCED into the role against her will; Carrot is being ASKED and received support from her friends in the same moment while her inherited will was also referenced.
Forced/Asked the context is there but at the end of the day, its an old man getting a young girl to do what he wants her to do. Everyone should have that freedom to choose regardless of the context.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Forced/Asked the context is there but at the end of the day, its an old man getting a young girl to do what he wants her to do. Everyone should have that freedom to choose regardless of the context.
True…so Yamato chose to be free against the will of her old man, and Carrot can easily do the same, but only one of them has an offer on the table from people they respect that would allow them to fulfill the wishes of their nation, I don’t think that’s something you can turn down lightly.

True…so Yamato chose to be free against the will of her old man, and Carrot can easily do the same, but only one of them has an offer on the table from people they respect that would allow them to fulfill the wishes of their nation, I don’t think that’s something you can turn down lightly.
The son of legendary Marine Hero who beat the rocks pirates that terrorized the world became a revolutionary leader. The Son of this revolutionary leader became a pirate emperor. The will of your old man isn't yours. At the end of the day it your life you got to live. That is a strong message I'm seeing but I agree, it's a hard offer to refuse.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
The son of legendary Marine Hero who beat the rocks pirates that terrorized the world became a revolutionary leader. The Son of this revolutionary leader became a pirate emperor. The will of your old man isn't yours. At the end of the day it your life you got to live. That is a strong message I'm seeing but I agree, it's a hard offer to refuse.
Again, apples and oranges…Carrot has been portrayed at many turns to be loyal to AND friendly with Neko and Inu, whereas all the interactions we’ve seen between Luffy and Garp (since Dragon hardly ever contacts either of them) indicate they’re close in a biological sense, but the ideological differences can’t be bridged. I’m not saying Carrot has to be locked into this request; I’m saying I think she’ll choose it of her own will, or Pedro’s will, or however you wanna describe it, she will decide to take the position being offered to her by people she respects and supported by others who care about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.