GOD I love those but especially the bottom one!

Tobidara was so god damn intimidating and this was arguably his best moment. I also love him threatening to murk baby Naruto
:steef: I know, right

PLUS I love that he actually looked pretty fucked up and not like an untouchable villain.
I'm not a big sobbing guy, but this moment was actually sad af.

Obito had to use Izanami/Izanagi ( forget which one was for what ) to survive her final attack, right?
Yes, Izanagi if I remember right.
I'll be controversial. Itachi necame boring and dumb once his true intentions were revealed
Agreed 100%. Wish he stayed a proper villain.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I still remember Hiruzen the “strongest Hokage” lmao
It's all because Kishimoto fucked up the statements many times.

The true reality ( counting only four ).

Hashirama > Minato > Sarutobi > Tobirama.

But Sarutobi was pretty much > rest of the kage from the other villages.

G

Gorosei Informer

I suppose you can justify the behavior with in-world logic. But Franky and Brook I think are not great characters. They never seem to face any inner conflict. There was an anime filler episode where Brook was trying to fit in with the crew, and there he was actually struggling with something. It was better characterization than anything in the actual manga.

Maybe I'm expecting too much of a shonen though. It's not exactly Shakespeare.
Yeah, I think their backstories are better than their characters but Franky was great vs Senor Pink and in small moments here and there and Brook also had his great moments here and there and with Pedro but the lack of inner conflict doesnt help as you said.

Ooooh I think I know what you mean! I saw that a long time ago! THat one kind of hurt seeing him struggle but it made sense as hes 90 years old and was alone for 50 year and watched his all crew die and went insane to some degree lol.

Yeah, Oda doesnt seem to really do that much nuance either. The biggest SH conflict we've seen in a long time was with Sanjis personal arc at WCI, I'm trying to think what else but I'm struggling. There's so much wasted potential on what ifs and some storylines that never went to where they were supposed to either.

Pre TS still felt a lot better in writing in some ways though. OP is suffering greatly from overabundance/scale/overambition right now especially.