What do you do IRL? (career/school/passion)

Adult life doesn't start until at least 5 years after your last year of school or your late 20s, assuming no dependents. You have nothing to worry about.
Yeah but after college I'll have to look for a full time job unless I choose to further my education...

Plus I'll be off the insurance in just a few years

It's inevitable. This is the next phase of my life

Not that I'm depressed or anything about it. I'm excited and scared at the same time

:lawbepo:

Yeah but after college I'll have to look for a full time job unless I choose to further my education...

Not that I'm depressed or anything about it. I'm excited and scared at the same time

You will see it's more of the same thing, except you have to be the one paying attention to things rather than depending on others. I didn't have insurance for a few years. Just stay safe and eat well. You'll make it through until you find your footing. Some of my family came here illegally, and they've managed to settle down well enough. I'm sure everyone here can and has done the same.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
β€Ž

Most important thing imo is to learn how to manage your money, and how credit works. Do both and you're golden.

You will see it's more of the same thing, except you have to be the one paying attention to things rather than depending on others. I didn't have insurance for a few years. Just stay safe and eat well. You'll make it through until you find your footing. Some of my family came here illegally, and they've managed to settle down well enough. I'm sure everyone here can and has done the same.
Most important thing imo is to learn how to manage your money, and how credit works. Do both and you're golden.
Ty for the advice/support it’s something I’ve been thinking about for a while

Managing money should be easy enough since I’ve never been a big spender though I’ve never had to take care of all of my bills myself

I know credit is important and it’s something you should keep high/focus on building but there are so many different methods that I’m hearing about that it gets to be a little much

Impossible to tell which one is right and which one is a scam

Managing money should be easy enough since I’ve never been a big spender though I’ve never had to take care of all of my bills myself

I know credit is important and it’s something you should keep high/focus on building but there are so many different methods that I’m hearing about that it gets to be a little much

I just use my credit card for everything I would ordinarily use your debit card on, and then I pay my credit card with the money I would've used if I used my debit. I gave this advice to my brother, and he shot up from no credit to 720+ credit in a few months. Alternatively, just use up a good percentage of your credit, and then pay it off every month.

Also, look into getting a roommate to adjust into living out there. Or live with your parents and take on a few bills. Either one works. I lived with my parents through undergrad and post grad, but I could've gotten roommates just as well. I was just comfortable with my parents.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
β€Ž

For money management, just subtract your monthly expense(mandatory things like rent, insurance, phone etc) from your monthly income. Whatever leftover is your true monthly income/budget. From that budget, you have to decide what percentage of it can you put into your savings that you'll never touch except for emergencies.

As for credit, it's probably the #1 way of life killer in the world. When you hear someone is drowing in debt, most of time is from bank loans through ther credit. Do NOT fall for the trap of thinking bank loans is free money: it is not.

As @jinri already said, the trick is to use a good percentage of your credit, and pay back all of it to build your credit. A good trick when your credit limit is low however, is to pay back most of what you spend instead of all of it. The bank makes their money with interest payments and if you let some debt carry over, it'll let them now that not only will you pay them back their money, they can make some more money off of you with interest which can greatly increase your credit limit when the last term is over. Basically, with a low credit limit, leave 10 to 30% of what you owe unpaid and allow to carry over to the next month. Interest isn't an issue since the payment is so little due to your small credit score. My score increased 80+ points to 700+ in just 5 months that way when my credit limit was small.

For money management, just subtract your monthly expense(mandatory things like rent, insurance, phone etc) from your monthly income. Whatever leftover is your true monthly income/budget. From that budget, you have to decide what percentage of it can you put into your savings that you'll never touch except for emergencies.

As for credit, it's probably the #1 way of life killer in the world. When you hear someone is drowing in debt, most of time is from bank loans through ther credit. Do NOT fall for the trap of thinking bank loans is free money: it is not.

As @jinri already said, the trick is to use a good percentage of your credit, and pay back all of it to build your credit. A good trick when your credit limit is low however, is to pay back most of what you spend instead of all of it. The bank makes their money with interest payments and if you let some debt carry over, it'll let them now that not only will you pay them back their money, they can make some more money off of you with interest which can greatly increase your credit limit when the last term is over. Basically, with a low credit limit, leave 10 to 30% of what you owe unpaid and allow to carry over to the next month. Interest isn't an issue since the payment is so little due to your small credit score. My score increased 80+ points to 700+ in just 5 months that way when my credit limit was small.
Thank you I'm screenshotting and saving this lol

I just use my credit card for everything I would ordinarily use your debit card on, and then I pay my credit card with the money I would've used if I used my debit. I gave this advice to my brother, and he shot up from no credit to 720+ credit in a few months. Alternatively, just use up a good percentage of your credit, and then pay it off every month.

Also, look into getting a roommate to adjust into living out there. Or live with your parents and take on a few bills. Either one works. I lived with my parents through undergrad and post grad, but I could've gotten roommates just as well. I was just comfortable with my parents.
Thank you as well