Was Wano one of the worst arcs in One Piece? How do you rate wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Ok, not getting into real world politics.

I agree about the joke. It was bad. I'm just stating that from a storytelling point of view, any presented Kurozumi was shown to be evil and commit atrocities, regardless of how they got there.

Maybe there's more to this story. Maybe pictures show different context. Yamato is a Kurozumi from Kaido and a young Higurashi and it makes people think. Maybe that's something that Oda wants to touch on or will once backlash is received. Maybe dialogue is changed in translated versions or volumes edit out the dialogue with something more tasteful.

Or maybe it just sticks and that's it. Oh well, Wano is a shitty isolationist country then with clan issues. Don't know what else to say lol
From a storytelling point of view, Oda DID include extermination of Kurozumi clan as the motivation for current events. He also was quite explicit is showing that people of Wano committed atrocities too.

In the end, only atrocities committed by one side were resolved and other never touched upon. How is that good storytelling?

From a storytelling point of view, Oda DID include extermination of Kurozumi clan as the motivation for current events. He also was quite explicit is showing that people of Wano committed atrocities too.

In the end, only atrocities committed by one side were resolved and other never touched upon. How is that good storytelling?
....Why are you putting words in my mouth lol? When did I say it's good story telling?

I know this, I'm speaking objectively about said tasteless pun. The point is, context is important:

There is a story being told about how Hiyori faced Orochi when he tried to burn her with him.
It then ends with her "literally" stating that coals are meant to burn as a pun. She is saying this to Orochi after he is set on fire. It sounds like it's being said in a flashback and everyone is repeating the line in the present.

Again, it's a poor joke, and for the 3rd time, I agree. But you are missing pictures and context. I guarantee you delivery of this line won't be so heavy handed to imply Wano wants to commit mass atrocities to a cursed family.

I also guarantee you mangaplus will probably just say "Coals are meant to burn" without context to the pun. Watch.

Last edited:

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Magma Killed Kaido :zehaha:
Luffy killed Kaido WITH magma :sanmoji:
....Why are you putting words in my mouth lol? When did I say it's good story telling?

I know this, I'm speaking objectively about said tasteless pun. The point is, context is is pretty heavy handed here too:

- There is a story being told about how Hiyori faced Orochi
- It goes into how Orochi, who's on fire, is trying to take her down.
- It then ends with her "literally" stating that coals are meant to burn as a pun. She is saying this to Orochi after he is set on fire. It sounds like it's being said in a flashback and everyone is repeating the line in the present.

Again, it's a poor joke, and for the 3rd time, I agree. But you are missing pictures and context. I guarantee you delivery of this line won't be so heavy handed to imply Wano wants to commit mass atrocities to a cursed family.
Don't bother people will look at things from the least charitable position ever to push agendas or to shit on the series lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.