General & Others Is this the same man who wrote Fishman Island?

I would find it rather unrealistic for the people of Wano to lament the unfair treatment that Orochi got as a kid from a select few of the population when he did everything he could to torment everyone.

Maybe it's not a nice thing, but it's also surprising realistic.
I guess

Heck the dialogue in this chapter hiyori said was Oda trying to crack a kurozumi = charcoal joke
:peperain:

In a shocking turn of events, a people who had their entire country turned into a polluted wasteland and routinely starved to death because of a man's grudge have a less then ideal opinion of said man after his death.

Who would have thought?
The Kurozumi were already hated in Wano

Oda didn't tried to justify what they did to Orochi and Kanjuro. Just read Kanjuro's backstory

Their main problem wasn't even Orochi, but Kaido

Kaido was the actual ruler there, and there weren't that much people powerful enough to drive him off that easily.

I get it may sound reasonable at a certain point of view, but it stills weird because thats not how Oda operates. He opperates mostly with common sense, and this chapter seems to be trying to make the audience feel good about all that speech like it usually is, especially if coming from a character like Hyiori while everyone else there cheers up in joy thanks mainly to the efforts of the Strawhats, who just saved their country.

There is no such thing in oda's mind. He just wanted to use the pun through Kurozumi(this was already predicted though.)
That would make it weirder :suresure:

Last edited:
In a shocking turn of events, a people who had their entire country turned into a polluted wasteland and routinely starved to death because of a man's grudge have a less then ideal opinion of said man after his death.

Who would have thought?
said man's entire clan mate *
might want to point that out since thats a massive fucking difference ,
their prejudice created that grudge and now am sure the way he turned out, in their mind, those actions were justified.

said man's entire clan mate *
might want to point that out since thats a massive fucking difference ,
their prejudice created that grudge and now am sure the way he turned out, in their mind, those actions were justified.
Yeah, what happened to Orochi and Kanjuro as kids wasn't fair. And neither was the lengths Orochi went to fuck the people of Wano, either. But at least it's not like Dressrosa where the entire country flipped their opinions of the Riku Family in one day. I would find it unrealistic for people not to be happy they are extinct because of how cruel Orochi was.

"Long ago, my grandfather committed a crime and was sentenced to seppuku!! If our family were to simply fall from grace, then that is fine!! However, all the remaining relatives were hunted down by self proclaimed allies of justices out of nowhere!! They were beaten or thrown into rivers or outright killed!! Those fools scared me so much I can't even sleep!!"

What happened to the Kurozumi because of the actions of one man....was very messed up. Orochi honestly had every right to hate the people of Wano....since they hated, tortured and outright killed people of his family. But of course he will never get justice and the Kurozumi's will forever be hated....because theyre the bad guys.

Oh well. I hope Tama is a Kurozumi. Would make me like her a whole lot more.

"Long ago, my grandfather committed a crime and was sentenced to seppuku!! If our family were to simply fall from grace, then that is fine!! However, all the remaining relatives were hunted down by self proclaimed allies of justices out of nowhere!! They were beaten or thrown into rivers or outright killed!! Those fools scared me so much I can't even sleep!!"

What happened to the Kurozumi because of the actions of one man....was very messed up. Orochi honestly had every right to hate the people of Wano....since they hated, tortured and outright killed people of his family. But of course he will never get justice and the Kurozumi's will forever be hated....because theyre the bad guys.

Oh well. I hope Tama is a Kurozumi. Would make me like her a whole lot more.
You might have to include Kanjuro there

Yeah, what happened to Orochi and Kanjuro as kids wasn't fair. And neither was the lengths Orochi went to fuck the people of Wano, either. But at least it's not like Dressrosa where the entire country flipped their opinions of the Riku Family in one day.
lol the whataboutism here is funny.

king riku's family with the absence of scarlet (murdered by diamante) were mostly spared
and their grievances against king riku's family was never portrayed as a good thing. end of the arc order was restored.

what we just saw was a clan marginalized due to actions of one their members . orochi and kanjuro came to believe they were born to be scum anyway. major difference here is nothing was done in the story to acknowledge this was wrong, instead we get a "pun" celebrating how not just orochi but how his entire clan were treated.

unfortunately Not the same or similar in the least... lol . after having an arc centred on the world government trying to do this to robin because she is an ohara( what they view as a threat ), i just dont see why you are trying to make any excuses for this one. Not consistent at all. and pls ,dont pull the realistic card now , we are reading one piece which is more idealistic than realistic.

Last edited: