Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mi
All I care about is

Mihawk is explicitly stated to be WSS and shanks is clearly said to be swordsman

Between shanks and Mihawk comparison, only Mihawk is put above shanks via title and now in this chapter. And, also during East Blue when Oda made Mihawk say that he is not interested in fighting shanks anymore.

No one hyped shanks as strongest swordsman. Oda never made Direct/indirect comparison to say shanks is above Mihawk but now he did it for Mihawk being above shanks.

It's time to accept two facts

1) Mihawk is yonkou tier and zoro will surpass him EoS thus being stronger than yonkou

2)Mihawk was/ is above shanks
You are saying it like that is someone's technique is good then he is invincible

???
Shanks is a swordman ,stated in this chapter.
And the Marine later says Mihawk the world strongest swordman what do you want?
I want nothing, you read the summary however clearly you read only the parts that suit your agenda

I think that was explained to you.
All that was stated I'n the manga is that after countless battles a swordsman has the ability to blacken his blade

No where was it stated that it required strong and powerful Haki to do.

Even if we believe in the common headcannon that COA is the main reason for blacken blades it still doesn't affect difference between of Mihawk and Shanks

According to Oda, Zoro specializes in CoA while Luffy specializes CoC. Despite having better CoA, Zoro's overall haki is still weaker than Luffy's even without adding Adv CoO to the equation.

Even if he can't, he'd still be above as per title alone.

ACoC might be strongest power that matters the most, but it doesn't make you strongest by default. If other factors are so overwhelming, they can make up for marginally worse CoC.
No because he would not use that 3rd level CoC in a sword duel since it would have an effect that is not related to sword fights like Fujitora's gravity for example..

Edit : Shanks

Status
Not open for further replies.