Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
Yep! Gasoline. Pure, unadulterated gasoline.

You can smell Oda's fear of various Fandoms. "Skill". :gokulaugh:

Oda, if you really write for 12-15 years old audience, just give your audience a very straightforward ironclad completely non-ambiguous statement and get it over with. If he is this afraid of fandoms with 3 years to go, he is a coward. :lusalty:

Nevertheless, I am extremely happy with this chapter. The happiest I have been this year with OP. Buggy will never fail to amuse me. Neither will Nami beating the shit of Luffy.

Nothing can make this chapter a bad one for me now. :fransuper:

[/
No the ambiguity comes from the fact that Oda singled out Swordsmanship.

When something should be so cut and dry as

Mihawk = WSS
Shanks =Swordsman

Therefore

Mihawk > Shanks

Then there is zero reason to make it ambiguous by saying "Mihawk has better Swordsmanship", instead of flat out saying Mihawk is stronger.

Anyway, like I said, I don't care whose stronger. I just question the manner in which it was delivered.
Why would oda need to?

Shanks has already been called a swordsman in official One Piece sources. Plus, we were told Mihawk is waiting for a swordsman stronger than Shanks. All this talk about swordsmanship is just to explain to us Mihawk and Shanks connection is through swordmanship.

The problem I see is, some fans don't believe swordsmanship can include power like haki, DF, physical strength and more.

OKAY MIHAWKFANS
I CAN GO TO SUCK CONCLUSION
IF MIHAWK VS SHANKS HAPPENED 101 TIMES
THEN
MIHAWK=51 WINS
SHANKS=50 WINS
HOW'S THAT NOW AGREE
I guess you lack basic understanding of simple concepts, let me explain this to you;

Mihawk as the WSS would never lose to Shanks not even once even if they fought 1000 times, since if he lost then he wouldn't be WSS anymore

Yeah Mihawk is stronger than Shanks but that doesn't take away the fact that his title world building is completely overlooked by Oda and feels so unnatural.

We never saw anyone aim for him and he also refuses to fight the only person we know have fought him before.

And gold and purple and every other color, CoC is still black. And those lines are not haki and the lighting is clearly emanating from the middle of their weapons just like Zoro's CoC, not that it matters but that seems to be your agenda. :myman:
Those were CoA not AdCoC.. For a slight moment it's emanating from the middle as they are charging up..

denjiro the best swordmanship amongst the scabbards == denjiro is the strongest scabbard.

he has done this before
Eh inu and neko might be stronger than him
Most the scabbards are swordsman. Tho neko doesn't use it any longer, raizo pretty knows some but doesn't specialize it, same with kanjuro probably, and izo just wasn't as good at it he was with a gun

Status
Not open for further replies.