Is Mihawk more powerful than Shanks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about this: Mihawk and Shanks are equals but their strengths are on different fields, Mihawk with overall sportsmanship and armament haki(since thats also Zoro's focus) wich makes him a better swordssman, while Shanks focus on Conquerors haki with his own perks like the future sight killing? :kayneshrug:
Zoro literally has advanced coqs this his specialty is armament when he literally went firm basic coqs to advanced in like 4secs and if zoro has so does mihawk

I don't deny that they aid it but its separate is what my point is.. thats for basic CoO

but isn't CoO sabotager intentionally activated.. i mean its Coc at the end of the day so i doubt its passive.. it'd be too broken if Shanks could maintain it..
CoO can also be activated or deactivated via more focus and whatnot.

Again, if Shanks shows stuff with CoC that is actively about attacking in a manner that is completely irrelevant to and doesn't aid your swordsmanship in any manner, sure.

But if we're considering CoO an aid, then fucking up your opponent's reflexes so your attacks can land much better is also an aid.

If you want to wait on both of them to go all out, can do so. Though don't see any good reason to discount Mihawk's title if Shanks is canonically confirmed to be a swordsman and so far hasn't shown anything outside of general swordsmanship as main style with haki fighting aids.

Involvements as of now
Cross Guild - Marines
RHP - Marines/WG - BBP
BBP - Revolutionaries - Marines/WG - RHP (I think since Dressrosa Oda wants to keep the BBP and Revs connected to plot together)

Straw hats with all of the above one way or the other.

I'm very interested in Revolutionaries
Oda showed Dragon all the way back in Loguetown, yet saved his arc for 1000 chapters later
It should be very hype
It better be worth it. Feels he's getting into spotlight too late tho.

I wonder what zeffs bounty was? It was kept unknown like Rayleigh and Mihawks in the vivre cards :wonderland:

Must be somewhat of a big deal that Oda didnt reveal it in there when he's done so for others characters like King, Marco and Jinbe
:wonderland:

when kaido was introduced as world's strongest creature, whitebeard was already dead
so these titles don't clash with each other
unless we were told that kaido was called that while whitebeard was still alive and i missed it. do you know?
Sure, but was old beard as strong, or even stronger than Kaido at MF? My point is that titles give a certain implication, but Oda doesn't exactly outline the criteria for someone to receive said title throughout the story. As readers, we have to try to piece together why someone would get a certain title, and in Mihawk's case, skill seems to be the main reason behind that title.

Ok and? How does that go against my original point exactly?
Haki is supplementary. Haki is not a fighting style in itself but something you use to improve your actual fighting style
A brawler will channel haki through his fist, a swordsman will channel haki through his sword, a gunslinger through his gun... There's no "Mihawk is better a swinging sword but would lose if Shanks started channeling haki" because haki abilities are already accounted in a swordsman skillset.
"hakiman" does not exist as a concept.

:suresure:
Why are you treating haki and swordsmanship the same? You do realize that one can be a skilled swordsman and not know haki? E.g. Zoro pre-time skip,
You can't be a master Swordsman without it. This is why Zoro is called Kengo this chapter after unlocking more Haki.
Zoro major powerups post timeskip
CoA,CoO
Then
Better CoA
Then CoC
Then
AcoC

Where the skill bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.