Questions & Mysteries Why was Roger not WSS?

Well, swordsisters? Why was Roger not World's Strongest Swordsman?
  • He carried a sword
  • He fought with a sword
  • He used haki in fights
  • He loved his sword to name his son after it
and yet he was not WSS. Why is that?

Mihawk never once was used in the same sentence as Roger. He was never compared to Roger. Zoro never once thought about Roger as his goal or even in general.
Why is that?

Mihawk as WSS was seeing himself inferior to old Whitebeard who was WSM.
While Roger was being compared as prime Whitebeard's equal and superior. Why is that?

pirate king is a greater title than wss, you use someone's highest title to adress him
And yet Roger was never once mentioned as anything close to swordsmanship's goal.
Mihawk this chapter instead of being compared to Roger was being compared to Shanks. Zoro never once thought about Roger.

Funny how Whitebeard was being addressed as both a yonko and WSM and yet Roger never once as a swordsman.

mihawk watched his execution so he might have seen him as someone he would have wanted to fight.
Yeah yeah, I guess goes the same for Moria, Doffy, Crocodile. They all wanted to be WSS, huh?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Why wasn't anyone called the WSS in a flashback? What makes this hypothetical Roger scenario more important?

In the present story starting from chapter 1, Shanks is a swordsman and Mihawk is the strongest swordsman. Roger not being called the WSS in a brief flashback 25 years before that story starts doesn't have the slighest impact on that...

Who says he wasnt?
So post your evidence saying he was WSS

Why wasn't anyone called the WSS in a flashback? What makes this hypothetical Roger scenario more important?
What flashback? Oden's? I dunno maybe because there was no WSS in there? How about YOU answer why Roger wasn't called WSS?
In the present story starting from chapter 1, Shanks is a swordsman and Mihawk is the strongest swordsman. Roger not being called the WSS in a brief flashback 25 years before that story starts doesn't have the slighest impact on that...
What flashback are you talking? wtf? Roger was not called WSS neither in present day nor flashback.

Why is Mihawk in this chapter is being compared to Shanks instead of Roger?

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
What flashback? Oden's? I dunno, how about YOU answer why Roger wasn't called WSS?

What flashback are you talking? wtf? Roger was not called WSS neither in present day nor flashback.

Why is Mihawk in this chapter is being compared to Shanks instead of Roger?
Do you need realize that Roger has been dead for 24 years? He ain't the best at anything anymore. In the current story, Mihawk is the WSS and Shanks is a swordsman.

No one was called anything in a flashback so how come Roger specially being called the WSS is so important in the present? Why so selective?

For the same reason there is no WSM or WSC after WB and Kaido. Maybe he was, maybe there was not a title back then.

Mihawk being present in his execution and given that he wasnt a "pirate" but a loner fighting people left and right might be because he was interested in him because they had cross swords in the past or something like this because in Mihawk's VC its confirmed that he was infamous before the Great Pirate Era.

Not confirmed if Roger is a swordsman, but naming his son after his sword and in the 3 occasions we have seen him fight against WB,Oden & Rocks flashbacks Oda had him using a sword and not some fist fight is "safe" to assume that he was a swordsman.

I dont have any evidence that he was just like I dont have any that he wasnt.
What are we gonna do now? And why did you dodge my question, sister?
Well if you don't have evidence that means your point is meaningless. I don't need to have evidence because I am not the one claiming anything.

Do you need realize that Roger has been dead for 24 years? He ain't the best at anything anymore. In the current story, Mihawk is the WSS and Shanks is a swordsman.
uh what? Roger is being constantly brought, the fuck are you talking about?
  • Roger was brought up when mentioning Yonko bounties
  • Roger was brought up whenever Luffy talks about being Pirate King
  • Roger was brought up whenever Kaido opened his mouth
The fuck are you talking about? Why was Roger not brought up when talking about Mihawk's achiements when declaring a bounty?
He was brought up when talking about Yonko bounties.
No one was called anything in a flashback so how come Roger specially being called the WSS is so important in the present? Why so selective?
What are you talking about? Roger was being called a "Great Pirate" and "Pirate King", schizo.

Mihawk was called the WSS coz he basically fought everyone deemed a worthy swordsman and prevailed... except for Shanks ofc

Roger didn't go out to obsess with the same goal rather he became the strongest blade user by fighting the strongest opponents out there period

his fight with WB does suggest his swordmanship was pretty raw and that there was barely any "art" to it which is what i think makes Mihawk unique

in theory Roger can be plain stronger with better haki mastery than Mihawk and Mihawk can still be more skillful and efficient with the blade

that can be the can be the case against Shanks too tho