Controversial The defenitive thread about swordsmanship skills and titles.

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Just learnt few things in past 4-5 days

Zoro wasted two years of time skip and ever since then in learning haki and getting better at it.

He should have focused on skills and not on haki. Without focusing on skills he will never learn how to turn off his haki mode while fighting Mihawk

No wonder why Oda gave him only 1.1111 B bounty. Dude is nowhere near Mihawk level of skills

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
the zorotards can't refute to any degree what the author of the topic did, the cope argument became an escape to not have to deal with the facts presented, in short, using cope as an argument is to be using the cope itself to escape the facts.
:suresure:
It got debunked on page one itself

Shanks is a Dai Kengo too

Edit: apparently the text refers to Mihawk in reality

What's the point.. The World Strongest Swordsman has to also be a Sword Grandmaster(Daikengou)..

lt's like Luffy becomes Pirate king and not Yonko along the way..

Sword Grandmaster>Sword Master>Swordsman

Fleet Admiral>Admiral>Vice Admiral

Yes Zoro said he wants to be the best Sword Master, then after Kuina dies he says one step more, to be the best Sword Grandmaster..
Or strongest whatever you prefer..

What's the point.. The World Strongest Swordsman has to also be a Sword Grandmaster(Daikengou)..

lt's like Luffy becomes Pirate king and not Yonko along the way..

Sword Grandmaster>Sword Master>Swordsman

Fleet Admiral>Admiral>Vice Admiral

Yes Zoro said he wants to be the best Sword Master, then after Kuina dies he says one step more, to be the best Sword Grandmaster..
Or strongest whatever you prefer..
You haven't even read the tweet

I am here to stop this war. :endthis:
I've now more canon infos.

After chapter 1058 we know that Zoro is now classified as a "Kengou" 剣豪 (Swordmaster) in chapter 1058

He did not become a Dai Kengou 大剣豪( Great Swordsman/Swordmaster).

Let alone the World's Greatest Swordsman.

Ushimaru, Vista, Ryuma and Mihawk are classified as Dai Kengou 大剣豪 Great Swordsman/Swordmaster.

sandman_ap(& mini edited by me) abut chapter/episode 1023 of manga :
official translation "Viz media" didn’t translate the important line of Ushimaru being
"大剣豪" (Dai-Kengou, meaning great swordsman) in this chapter.
It’s important because only him, Mihawk and Ryuma have been classified as Dai-Kengou in all One piece chapters till now.

Zoro said his dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou in the world.

SOURCE:
(According to BOTH Vivre Card and One Piece blue deep, Vista is called Dai-Kengou as well)

Zoro is NOT. He is only a 剣豪 Kengou/Sword Master. I have no idea what the qualifications are, but its pretty clear Zoro is ONLY a 剣豪 Kengou for now.

Now, Shanks.
Shanks according to One Piece Film Red official material he's classified as a Kengou just like Zoro currently.

This makes sense since Shanks' skills are inferior to that of Mihawk according to chapter 1058, this makes since with Shanks as 剣豪 Kengou/Sword Master and Mihawk as Dai Kengou 大剣豪 Great Swordsman/Swordmaster.

This also makes sense since according to databook Vista's swordsmanship was equal to that of Mihawk so it makes sense that they're both considered Dai Kengou 大剣豪 Great Swordsman/Swordmaster which is above 剣豪 Kengou/Sword Master such as Shanks.

This is the ultimate proof that being better at sword skills/swordsmanship doesn't make someone overall stronger, in fact Ushimaru was a Dai Kengou 大剣豪 (so above Shanks in swordsmanship) and he fought Kaido but was defeated and he's not in Kaido's top 5 like Shanks.

Shanks is on top 5 of Kaido while Ushimaru is not even though Ushimaru is a better swordsman/has greater sword skills as his title suggest than Red Hair and fought against Kaido.

So having better swordsmanship/greater sword skills than Shanks probably makes you a Dai Kengou 大剣豪.

The legenda about sword skills/swordsmanship and ranking is this one:
Dai Kengou 大剣豪 (Ryuma, Ushimaru, Vista, Mihawk) >

so yeah Shanks is a skilled swordsman, but has swordsmanship inferior to that of Dai Kengou and being a better swordsmanship/having higher rank as a sword master doesn't make you overall stronger since Shanks is above Vista and Ushimaru at the very least.
Also, Zoro's dream is to be the strongest Dai Kengou as confirmed by Sandman and Shanks isn't even a Dai Kengou which means that Shanks isn't counted/doesn't have to be considered in Zoro's dream since Red Hair isn't even one.
Zoro said his dream is to become the strongest Dai-Kengou in the world and only Mihaw, Vista, Ushimaru and Ryuma have this ranking, while Shanks isn't one so Zoro have to surpass all people who are considered Dai-Kengou.

Not even Shanks' vivrecard says anything about him being Dai-Kengou.

While Vista's one made clear that Vista is classified as a Dai-Kengou.

This is all, that's my last thread. I want all your support Shanks fans, as Shanks himself said "hey Ben, it's time, time to join the battle for the One Piece"
I'll wait for your excuses/arguments etc.

EDIT: Gonna add this, nice try @style but your source was incorrected.

source:
so it's pretty much confirmed NO MEDIA CALLED SHANKS A DAI KENGO, SHANKS IS NOT A DAI KENGO.
Damn boi, this thread is longer than my AP exams in high school. Keep up the good work even though I don’t necessarily agree/disagree with ya.:cheers: