Rate this chapter

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just a regular pirate lmao.

OP loves romanticizing pirates, but most of them are dudes like this lol.
That's not regular pirate. People just have pirate == bad villain type people(of course they can be criminals too)....when all they did was steal stuff from merchants. But historically, young lads would use to join pirate ships...earn some money retire and start a family that's the majority actually. We have pirates now too. Who of course again keep themselves outside the radar of maritime police...smuggle/steal goods and come back to family if they have any.

One man told A yonko and half his crew, Navy and their upgraded pacifistas to get the FUCK OFF THE ISALND and they all did.

And clearly Rayleigh didn't admit his inferiority to Blackbeard in 1v1, he is just speculating he wouldn't be able to beat Blackbeard and his entire crew because he is too old.
TCB has been very agenda driven in these last two translations.

All in all almost everyone got a W & L in the chapter.

Ngl im dissapointed only with BB's captains, its clearly Oda's fault he could very well add a few VA more along with Yamakaji and had Devon & Vasco beat hem easily before they got petrified just to show their strength. As of now 3 of BB's captains got negged its not even funny.

I hope we will continue with outside world before Oda imprison us again in some random island with random characters popping left and right.

The Yamato/Marco stuff gives me the impression that Oda was told to throw it in because people were pissed at how Wano ended.

The Seraphim are very interesting. Will they be made from every Warlord ever, just the original seven or the post-skip seven? The original seven are more iconic imo. Probably shouldn’t be a Blackbeard one regardless because of how little time he actually was a Warlord.

Blackbeard and Boa is something I just did not see coming. And he got his bounty raise before even going there, so what, can we just basically pretened the 2 billion one never happened given how stupid it’s became retrospectively?

We ever going to find out what Rocky Port is? Or is it just going to be Oda’s excuse for things that happened during the timeskip he can’t be bothered explaining.

Great Ray hype, Yonko Blackbeard didn’t want to mess with him due to his prime reputation.

Bit of an odd chapter with how things cut around but an enjoyable one. We can knock Sphinx off as our next arc. And next week can really go anywhere, back to the Strawhats, back to the RA, some other characters doing stuff.

I have to assume Yamato is the waifu of someone at TCB because some of their translations regarding her continue to be misleading. Like in Japanese I'm pretty sure she says "But I'd still like to be your nakama so please call me that." Not that 'Boy it'd be geat if I could be a REAL nakama *wink wink nudge nudge*.' They did something similar in 1056 when Momo/Kin were asking if Yamato was on the roof; in their version she says she hadn't left "YET" while the actual translation was "I'm here"
But wouldn't the supposedly direct Japanese translation be more in her favor if that's the case? With that she's literally asking to still be part of the crew. With the TCB version she's just wishing she was. At least that's how I'm seeing it.

Pretty lame. BB got dehyped by being worried about the SSG and also probably a bit by worry about Ray, also he can not always give up when there is a tough fight. His journey to Amazon lily only netted him Coby who has no df and i don't think Akainu gives a damn about Coby. At the same time the SSG weapon turned out as something poor, not original. Just child lunarian versions of the shikis.. could have been something better.

Pretty lame. BB got dehyped by being worried about the SSG and also probably a bit by worry about Ray, also he can not always give up when there is a tough fight. His journey to Amazon lily only netted him Coby who has no df and i don't think Akainu gives a damn about Coby. At the same time the SSG weapon turned out as something poor, not original. Just child lunarian versions of the shikis.. could have been something better.
It doesn't matter if akainu doesn't give a damn. He has to since coby is the current image of the marines. Everyone including yonkos know him by the hero title. Oda having oas fruit not work on him and having him be capture to gain a new power is setup to cone

Nice chapter and specially Rayleigh's part. Old man did stop a Yonko with just his reputation and resolved whole issue (in perspective of pirates)... lol, dark king for a reason.

Now it's completely a joke on whoever ignore or trolled Garp and Sengoku's conversation in which they said they can't take on two legendary Great pirates at the same time.

Bounties are still coming up like jokes for these schibukais (except Mihawk). Boa definitely is someone who is strong like YCs and even one shot 2 subordinates of BB instantly (not going to say commander coz they are like veterans or those below YC3 positions) along with marines VA and fodders. Though later even with haki and speed she couldn't react or evade BB before getting caught. Considering her bounty she should be someone quite above YC1 level like King (who currently has highest known bounty amongst commanders) but still she got humongous 1.69B, don't know why.

Oda still not stopping to make Mihawk look in bad/sore spot with strength or positions....

For attacking Mihawk's base or even Mihawk with fodders ain't any issue but suddenly if you have to attack on an emperor than a VA has to ask Marines HQ !?

Also that slash by Kidhawk slicing mountain, was it to given to a PX just compare with Mihawk's slashes at MF (either against WB or slicing icebergs) but later BB taking on sword with just armament haki...

Overall, I have mixed feelings regarding this chapter... Overall 4 stars should be fair enough, the chapter felt very rushed and the order of the panels didn't help at all.

Nah, he's just being smart. There is no dehype, especially given that Rayleigh admits he probably would've lost.
BB justd doesn'twant to risk any major injuries before the final battle for the throne, where of course he will give one of the best fights in the series.

He has been shown to be courageous and risk taking, when it's worth it. For him, getting Hancock's DF likely wasn't worth it.

So literally, everything is still static, nothing changed with this chapter.

Unless Koby's capture makes up for it, then that would make this chapter better but I fail to see what would he use him for, and I am not gonna make some major speculations considering Oda's known lately for letting people down. Devon's and Shiryu's foul df's are used for nothing to stir up yet.

1 star rating for now. I am more excited for Seraphim (and therefore Vegapunk) and Shakky reveal, than BB doing nothing but wasting panels (unless Koby's capture really ends up making it worth it)

Last edited: