Chapter Discussion Fucking first mate Zoro great advice bro

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Yup. Like I said in the other thread, the whole Ace thing just ruined Zoro's speech. Like, he could have brought a better example or not even mentioning Ace at all. It makes Zoro look like a hypocrite imo. But I blamed Oda for it honestly, man's probably already high before he wrote the dialogue Lmao.
Zoro "So why underestimate Vivi?"

Luffy "Uhh because of the Ace point you yourself just brought up?"

Zoro answered the question before he presented it lmao. Yea it's a head scratcher for sure.

If anything Luffy in particular worrying about Vivi shows proper PTSD because him not worrying about Ace lead to his capture. Normally I wouldn't even link this scenario to Ace's but Oda himself did, I don't even get what he was trying to say there...that unfavourable history should be repeated? It's like Oda forgot things didn't work out for Ace.

Zoro simply could have left it at "we can't afford to make rash decisions while not having all the information"

Only thing this accomplishes is that luffy should trust Vivi like he trusted Ace and then only step in when there is an opportunity.

Technically Luffy going late was not the cause of Aces death but it basically means Zoro is reminding Luffy of his trauma.

@ZenZu
If oda wrote the dialog the way I am saying it would make a lot more sense
Post automatically merged:

Zoro answered the question before he presented it lmao. Yea it's a head scratcher for sure.

If anything Luffy in particular worrying about Vivi shows proper PTSD because him not worrying about Ace lead to his capture. Normally I wouldn't even link this scenario to Ace's but Oda himself did, I don't even get what he was trying to say there...that unfavourable history should be repeated? It's like Oda forgot things didn't work out for Ace.

Zoro simply could have left it at "we can't afford to make rash decisions while not having all the information"
Umm this doesn't make any sense. Luffy going to stop ace wouldn't work since Ace won't stop.

Maybe Oda is forcing some foreshadowing in there lol

ZenZu

Only thing this accomplishes is that luffy should trust Vivi like he trusted Ace and then only step in when there is an opportunity.
Maybe Oda is forcing some foreshadowing in there lol

The only message I can think of, of bringing Ace up given the current translation is to say "Why is Vivi any different from Ace, in respecting her journey?" , aka to play the strong independent women card. But he sacrificed all logic to do it. One track mind kind of writing.

The only message I can think of, of bringing Ace up given the current translation is to say "Why is Vivi any different than Ace?" , aka to play the strong independent women card. But he sacrificed all logic to do it. One track mind kind of writing.
I don't think Ace dying is really part of the dialog
Simple if Luffy can trust Ace why not vivu
Ace didn't die because Luffy was late so idk why we acting like its a dumb point.

When point here is simple if you can trust Ace, trust vivi too. Stop playing favorites

The only message I can think of, of bringing Ace up given the current translation is to say "Why is Vivi any different from Ace, in respecting her journey?" , aka to play the strong independent women card. But he sacrificed all logic to do it. One track mind kind of writing.
Even if his logic was somehow right, approach was retarded. He's trying to get them to ease up and not worry about Vivi, and using the guy who went ahead to get himself killed as example lol

ZenZu

I don't think Ace dying is really part of the dialog
Simple if Luffy can trust Ace why not vivu
Ace didn't die because Luffy was late so idk why we acting like its a dumb point.

When point here is simple if you can trust Ace, trust vivi too. Stop playing favorites
Yea but thats the thing...Ace kinda...died. Lmfaooo is that supposed to be comforting?

Like I said, what Oda is conveying is treat Vivi with respect the way you did Ace...but just an awful example.

Even if his logic was somehow right, approach was retarded. He's trying to get them to ease up and not worry about Vivi, and using the guy who went ahead to get himself killed as example lol
But they literally didn't worry about Vivi. No one said "But Ace died".

Like maybe its simple retarded scene by Oda because it really worked what Zoro said. They didn't go and Luffys response was "Yes but I can still worry"

Either its a mistranslation or everyone in the crew is stupid

But they literally didn't worry about Vivi. No one said "But Ace died".

Like maybe its simple retarded scene by Oda because it really worked what Zoro said. They didn't go and Luffys response was "Yes but I can still worry"

Either its a mistranslation or everyone in the crew is stupid
Yeah, the example doesn't match Oda's intent for the scene or Zoro's

It doesn't match the effect it had on the rest, either

I think Oda is forcing some foreshadowing at expense of making ppl look stupid lol

Realistically that would convince him to go instead 😭 with that Ace example.

"Hey man you trusted Ace"

Yea look where that got him lmao.
Yeah which makes Luffy look like a chump too because instead of Luffy going "Motherfucker then I am definitely going" he responded with "Yes you are right but i can still worry tho..you evil Oni kaido big mom bastard"

If Viz shows the actual dialog is what I am saying then it all makes sense but idk

Lmfao bro Zoro isn't real.
I get it ****.
I am just saying as a character Zoro isn't meant to be stupid for this dialog rather the voice of reason.

But oda did a shit job in the entire moment because it makes every character involved look stupid.

Try to understand what someone is saying rather than acting like a smart ass :milaugh:

Yea but thats the thing...Ace kinda...died. Lmfaooo is that supposed to be comforting?

Like I said, what Oda is conveying is treat Vivi with respect the way you did Ace...but just an awful example.
Ace didn't die because SHs didn't go after him after TB/wouldn't have lived if they went and I don't think any SH including Luffy believes that considering no one called Zoro out on it

He was just using Luffy's beliefs to stop him from making a dumb decisions like going to Marine HQ for no reason since they dont even know where she is, it does come off as very insensitive though. Which probably helped set up the Alabasta callback of them calling him names because they care about Vivi

Ace didn't die because SHs didn't go after him after TB/wouldn't have lived if they went and I don't think any SH including Luffy believes that considering no one called Zoro out on it

He was just using Luffy's beliefs to stop him from making a dumb decisions like going to Marine HQ for no reason since they dont even know where she is, it does come off as very insensitive though. Which probably helped set up the Alabasta callback of them calling him names because they care about Vivi
Basically what I have been trying to tell @ZenZu before he hit me with "Bro Zoro ain't real" lmao

Again, you missed the point. It's not about who is right or wrong in this situation, it's about reassuring people worried for Vivi's life by pointing out a situation that ended up in another person's death.

"Hey don't worry guys, Vivi is strong, have some faith in her"
"Remember the time you had faith in Ace which lead to his capture and death?"

Wow man so comforting, I definitely wouldn't be more worried for Vivi after hearing that. I hope you weren't reassuring people like this irl lmfao.

The only thing that can save this maybe is the viz translation, hoping this translation was completely off, cause that dialogue was wonky.
Tf are you talking about. Zoro wasn't trying to reassure them or make them less emotional. He was thinking logically like he always does. The rest of the crew shows that enltion. Just like the Ussop situation.

Huh, So luffy going to run back to everybody when they in slight trouble. So Ace should of ran back to luffy and save him every arc. How anout Shanks he should of saved Luffy every arc and stunt his growth. Ace was a pirate, he knows the deal which is why Luffy didn't go until he absolutely had too.