Chapter Discussion If that's all Uranus can do, it's not that impressive

How impressive was the feat (if this was indeed an ancient weapon)

• Way more impressive than what I thought an ancient weapon was capable of

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Slightly more impressive than what I thought an ancient weapon was capable of

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Exactly as impressive as I thought an ancient weapon would be

Votes: 51 77.3%
  • Impressive but not for an ancient weapon

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Very underwhelming for an ancient weapon

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Lulusia, as shown in this chapter is a particularly small island/country (unless the castle is some gigantic 50 mile building).It's also probably true that it took a while to prepare this attack (at least two/three weeks).
So, we witnessed a small island/country DC with week long preparation time, when Whitebeard could sink an island with one quake punch.Even when we're not taking into account the most destructive DF in the verse, Aokiji and Akainu have shown that level of DC in Punk Hazard.
Ace and Blackbeard clash was not much smaller and they weren't even top tiers.Even Enel's Raigou could have had similar DC.

Not saying it didn't look cool, but I'd expect something more than this from an Ancient Weapon.Still an insane panel.
  • The castle is not necessarily drawn to scale
    • We see an entire mountain range in the background
  • The idea that it took two to three weeks to prepare is without any basis; Lulusia's rebellion was only "a few days ago"
  • Feat comparisons
    • Ace and Blackbeard's clash was way smaller
    • It wasn't even as large as Banaro Rock
    • Whitebeard has never sunk any islands
    • Kuzan and Sakazuki changed the geography of Punk Hazard, they didn't actually destroy it
    • As for Enel: not really; Lulusia was a pretty big island

Basically everything in this post is just straight up wrong.

I think it's great it is overpowered within reason for the universe it is in. One piece is a world made up of multiple small to large islands with only 1 continent a island busting weapon fits as a ancient weapon.

We didn't even get it's lower limit to be honest. It's job was to obliterate an island and make it seem so that it never existed and it did just that within the span of a conversation, in seconds really. It's definitely op, especially when you have people constantly talking about whether something is a city or island busting moves and then we have Uranus actually just decimate a whole island and leave no trace, it's wild.

We don't know how often it can fire, what start-up it needs or if this is even it's limit so I'm definitely not underwhelmed. What else does it need to accomplish? This is One Piece and whiping an island off the face of the earth is a pretty big deal (it is in most battle shounens to be honest).

What character can replicate that feat? name who could do it in that period of time and with the type of devastation caused

there is no one who can do it without taking an absurd amount of time (in comparison) and with the type of damage (total destruction)

if you name someone who can replicate it in the same way, I will give you the reason in your claim

What character can replicate that feat? name who could do it in that period of time and with the type of devastation caused

there is no one who can do it without taking an absurd amount of time (in comparison) and with the type of damage (total destruction)

if you name someone who can replicate it in the same way, I will give you the reason in your claim
WB instantaneously tilted Marineford 30 degrees and produced waves that were at least 200 meters long, all that while not trying to drown his crewmates.

Luffy barjung gun attack was much stronger than that according to what was shown in the manga and what Oda stated in Road to Laughtale Booklet part 3 and part 4.

Luffy's attack is the strongest attack in the series.

Which is probably why his fruit is called the MOST REDICULIOUS POWER in the world.

- I doubt it's all it can do , that was it's introduction feat , literally it's 1st feat .

- Pluton was hyped to be able to destroy an island in Alabasta , and to keep my expectation a bit low , i thought it could destroy a smaller island ( like Banaro ) .

I thought Uranus would be the strongest Ancient Weapon , and it's first feat is destroying the Lulusia island ( without a trace too ) .
And Lulusia was probably bigger than Banaro , so at least in terms of destructive capability Uranus already fulfilled my expectation .

- of course the castle wasn't miles long , but it was probably still really huge , put a Marine Battleship at the coast , and i bet the castle would still have dwarfed it .
And a Marine Battleship is really huge, it had been consistently shown to dwarf 56 m tall Sunny .

The island also had a mountain range ( which was probably far behind the castle ) .
And they were legit mountains unlike these tall rocks in Marineford and Onigashima
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-550-page-6.html
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-978-page-12.html

Overall in terms of size , i think the Lulusia island was fine . I don't know how exactly big it was , but at least it was bigger than the likes of Marineford/Onigashima/WCI .

- and Imu did that from i guess ..... tens to hundreds of KMs away ? From her castle atop of Mariejoa while Lulusia is somewhere in the NW ( or Paradise ? ) .
So in terms of range it's also really impressive .
Post automatically merged:

It's also probably true that it took a while to prepare this attack (at least two/three weeks).
So, we witnessed a small island/country DC with week long preparation time,
Maybe this is true , but i don't think this is a reason to say the feat isn't that impressive .
It did not prove Imu can't do that attack instantly .
Infact , i see her as the Final Villain so i expect her to be able to do it instantly .

I think Imu was indeed chasing Sabo for weeks before she somehow found him ( because Sabo saw her , which pissed her off )
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-1060-page-13.html
So i think the attack only took that long to make because she was chasing Sabo .
And again Imu was still in Mariejoa when destroying Lulusia . Didn't even move anywhere .

Anyway , again that can't be a reason to say the destruction feat isn't that impressive .
That is like saying Ace's Entei is not that impressive because it took him weeks ( ? ) before he found BB in Banaro and made that huge flame ball .

Last edited:

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Lol

It destroyed whole island in seconds - it's hell impressive.

Let's assume that's all it can do (doubt it) then even if it can't destroy big islands but the amount of damage it can do if targeted on right spot is irreparable

And, IM did it without being there which furthers add to it's impressiveness

Y'all are missing the point.
If there's significant preparation time involved for small island DC, in a world with who knows how many islands it's just not that impressive.It only lives up to the hype if:
1)there's no significant preparation time
2)this isn't all it can do
Whitebeard was said to posses the power to destroy the world, and it sounds believable when you look at what one non-all out attack of his did to the terrain.
Oda didn't really do a great job portraying Lulusia as very big.

Lulusia, as shown in this chapter is a particularly small island/country (unless the castle is some gigantic 50 mile building).It's also probably true that it took a while to prepare this attack (at least two/three weeks).
So, we witnessed a small island/country DC with week long preparation time, when Whitebeard could sink an island with one quake punch.Even when we're not taking into account the most destructive DF in the verse, Aokiji and Akainu have shown that level of DC in Punk Hazard.
Ace and Blackbeard clash was not much smaller and they weren't even top tiers.Even Enel's Raigou could have had similar DC.

Not saying it didn't look cool, but I'd expect something more than this from an Ancient Weapon.Still an insane panel.
Uranus is way more impressive than Poseidon
Post automatically merged:

Y'all are missing the point.
If there's significant preparation time involved for small island DC, in a world with who knows how many islands it's just not that impressive.It only lives up to the hype if:
1)there's no significant preparation time
2)this isn't all it can do
Whitebeard was said to posses the power to destroy the world, and it sounds believable when you look at what one non-all out attack of his did to the terrain.
Oda didn't really do a great job portraying Lulusia as very big.
Lulusia isn’t small. It’s actually a big island