Character Discussion Characters you have trouble understanding how people like

Ace.

I understand we initially liked him because of fire powers. But then he just proved to be weak. He was only strong for being a logia just like Crocodile. And he is idiot for dying like that when being rescued. Not because he was trying to defend WB but because WB didn't cared at all about the things Akainu was saying. WB never wanted to be PK and Ace wanted to make WB that.

Best who :yearight:

I don't really judge people that way. Saka must have had a rough childhood that forced him to develop this kind of hate. But let me ask you something, how is Akainu evil in the OP verse when the world ravaged by pirates who kill, burn and rape villages and whatnot?
At the end of the day who protects these ordinary people.
If you think everyone lives in a sitcom that's your choice.
Well... Greenbull is also an admiral an he was trying to do the exact same thing he's supposed to prevent... Just because Wano isn't part of WG so... No, Admirals are full of shit, I only sorta respect Fujitora I guess he doesn't like being part of a the huge mafia WG is and is trying to change it

Well... Greenbull is also an admiral an he was trying to do the exact same thing he's supposed to prevent... Just because Wano isn't part of WG so... No, Admirals are full of shit, I only sorta respect Fujitora I guess he doesn't like being part of a the huge mafia WG is and is trying to change it
Well yeah at the end of the day the admirals are not supposed to be good people. It's a position in the government where they have certain goals to meet, and accordingly they function. Their goal at the end of the day is to maintain stability in the world according to the government's views, that's why even a good man like Fujitora couldn't touch scum like Doflamingo.

Ofcourse they still remain far better than pirates. Remember only 0.001% of pirates actually have good intents like the SHs.
People like to disregard that thinking how the marines should be "good" but that's just a childish perspective imo.
Post automatically merged:

I understand we initially liked him because of fire powers. But then he just proved to be weak.
Ace wasn't weak. He was equal to Jinbe before spending 3 years under Whitebeard, if you read his novel you'd understand how stronger he got. At least was YC2 closing on YC1.

Last edited:
Well yeah at the end of the day the admirals are not supposed to be good people. It's a position in the government where they have certain goals to meet, and accordingly they function. Their goal at the end of the day is to maintain stability in the world according to the government's views, that's why even a good man like Fujitora couldn't touch scum like Doflamingo.

Of course they still remain far better than pirates. Remember only 0.001% of pirates actually have good intents like the SHs.
People like to disregard that thinking how the marines should be "good" but that's just a childish perspective imo.
Post automatically merged:
At least pirates doesn't pretend to be good guys talking about justice. Their hypocrisy is the only thing that is absolute

The reasons for liking a character are so varied that I don’t have a problem seeing why someone would like certain characters even if I don’t like them myself.
In some cases it comes down to pretty basic things, even something as simple as “boobs.” It’s odd, but such is life.

Some replies in this thread worry about the moral compass so much you would think mfs are trying to check if their favorite character can be impersonated in real life before liking them.

Hypocrite murderer Akainu and treacherous rapist Teach is a wonderful thing, it's why you eager to see both clapped by the MC. Two Gigachads who give readers a free reality check to prevent the story from descending to baby manga.

Katakuri.

Has been presented to live on fake hype, has been living on a lie his whole life.

Gave so many free shots to Luffy who was training mid the battle and called it as having the upper hand.

Was solo'ed and people see it as the MC lol. Not even Cracker was solo'ed.

He is cool, but to overrated by blind people who wants to see feats with no context.