Character Discussion Interesting info: Chinjao "competed" against Roger and Garp the same way as Mihawk "competed" against Shanks according to DB.

1 billion berry for an unknown, interesting:endthis:
I am talking about when they started having duels.
Post automatically merged:

okay at least you admit that your proofs for EOS Coby's level are weak :gokulaugh:
They are not that "weak", there's a concrete possibility but I don't have like confirmed proofs or evidences of It until something more.
For now I have hints towards that road.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
That's because he retired from piracy after his clash with Garp. Who knows what his bounty could have become had he not lost his power and retired.
Which again does not change the fact that his peak as a pirate was at 500 million berrys 30 years ago. We are not talking about how much potential Chinjao had or where he would've been had his will not been broken by Garp. The conversation was about what he was at his prime and that ain't all that.

Which again does not change the fact that his peak as a pirate was at 500 million berrys 30 years ago. We are not talking about how much potential Chinjao had or where he would've been had his will not been broken by Garp. The conversation was about what he was at his prime and that ain't all that.
He still had potential to raise his bounty beyond that, had he not retired. You're acting like that's his peak and he could go no further, with is cap. There's a reason why it was only 500 million, but it had potential to be higher had he continued piracy.

What do you think about this? Does this change how you see Chinjao? Or how do you see rivalry in general?

I've seen people using Chinjao to downplay Garp but apparently Chinjao also fought against Roger on many occasions.

The same term Is used for Mihawk and Shanks terminated rivalry.

Discuss.
But that would make Shanks Chinjao and Mihawk Roger wouldn't it?

Because who is the one armed has been and whose confirmed stronger?

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
He still had potential to raise his bounty beyond that, had he not retired. You're acting like that's his peak and he could go no further, with is cap. There's a reason why it was only 500 million, but it had potential to be higher had he continued piracy.
My Brother in Christ, neither did i say that he does not have the potential to go further nor did i ever say that his potential caps at 500 million.

When his spirit was broken by Garp, he was a pirate was with 500 million berrys ergo his peak as a pirate was there.
He was not an upcoming Rookie at that time, he was an established "Legendary" pirate who knew the likes of Roger, Rayleigh & Garp - that line of argument is easily out of the window.

Anyone except for zorotards knows mihawk is weaker than Shank
All we know about Mihawk is based on Shank
Anyone expect Zoro haters living in basement knows Shanks is weaker than Mihawk.

Without Mihawk clout Shanks is just a worthless emperor, a title Mihawk spat on and gave it to a clown.
Mihawk doesn't need a famous crew to have 4 billion bounty Shanks does.

Mihawk can still clap, Shanks can't.

I guess "competing" is a rather vague term. Competed in what? In a 1 on 1 fight? In over all status/military power/ambitions? When did he compete? When both were at their peak or pretty early in the story? Luffy was also said to compete with Whitebeard through sheer dispute:

I think that is just overblown hype. Unlike in Shanks' and Mihawk's case, where they dueled 1 on 1 and were rivals, with their duels shaking the grand line and Whitebeard remembering those duels as legends.

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Competing

adjective
  1. striving against one another to gain or win something.
  2. intransitive verb. : to strive consciously or unconsciously for an objective (such as position, profit, or a prize)

Basically, and as an example, all those who have a common, non-sharable objective are competing. Like those who want the same treasure or an unique title, like PK.

Meaning even someone like a fodder from East Blue who, right now, takes steps to become PK and, hipotetically fails and gives up in the next month is competing with Luffy and BB at the present.

So an info full of nothing to analyze.