Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
My least favorite part about Yamato has always been the "I'm Oden!" BS. If Yamato has been roleplaying as Oden this entire time in order to train Momo to be like his father... I still wouldn't like it, but it would make Yamato's character a lot more sensible.

"I should act like Momo's dad, Oden, to inspire Momo to grow up to be a strong, great Shogun!"
Is way better than:
"Wow, I sure love my kids, Momo and Hiyori.

One makes Yamato look like a kind mentor who has mental issues due to Kaido being a giant jerk, and the other makes Yamato look flat-out-insane.
All those years she was locked away from society must've done something.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
All those years she was locked away from society must've done something.
To be honest, Yamato is pretty mentally sound for how much fucked up shit she's seen.

Imagine someone's dad murdering anyone they tried to become friends with. Sheesh, that's rough. Hopefully she can get help, but considering how fucking crazy everyone is in Wano, I doubt they value mental healthcare that much..
Post automatically merged:

Wait i just rebembered Zou is going to have to come back to the story at some point, it's where a Red poneglyph is and it's protected by Queen Carrot now.

:luchosop:
Zou will be relevant again when Blackbeard attacks it for the Road Ponyglyph. Which, honestly shouldn't be too long from now.

Last edited:
J

Joygirl1

Lamalard stans didn't get the hint when;
- Jinbei said the captain decides who joins the crew
- Spend 95% of wano with momo
- Never interacted with the crew
- Never showcased a role
- Kaido said she had the guardian deity of wano fruit
- Didn't drive kaido out of Wano.... drove him deeper in instead
- Called Momo her leader
- Tama repeated conclusion with luffy
- Wanted to be Oden with no signs of stopping

Ludicous, insanity, ridiculous, haywire, crazy.

YOU think that YOU have the right to talk like that? You are basically describing yourself with your last words of your post.

Such carrot fans as delusional and out of their mind like you are the reason why most people don´t want Carrot to join. And by the way, hate to tell the truth (no wait, actually lying, I love to tell you this!) but you were the one(s) not "GeTtInG tHe HiNtS" because otherwise you wouldn´t have hoped for Carrot to join after all that years and after the rabbit becoming less and less important with every arc. So you better shut up.

YOU think that YOU have the right to talk like that? You are basically describing yourself with your last words of your post.

Such carrot fans as delusional and out of their mind like you are the reason why most people don´t want Carrot to join. And by the way, hate to tell the truth (no wait, actually lying, I love to tell you this!) but you were the one(s) not "GeTtInG tHe HiNtS" because otherwise you wouldn´t have hoped for Carrot to join after all that years and after the rabbit becoming less and less important with every arc. So you better shut up.
Calm down, lol

Carrot had just as much of a chance (if not more to be fair) than Yamato did. I'm mostly referring to her relationship with the entire crew. She's met all of them and already developed a bond with most of them.

Yamato had her connection to Ace which was then a connection to Luffy, but that's pretty much it.

You can't blame people for wanting Carrot to join. She was a pretty good character who didn't have too many flaws. They both have them. What character wouldn't?

J

Joygirl1

I don´t blame people for wanting Carrot to join, there are also pretty normal Carrot fans like Pot Goblin. But then there are such ones like Carrota Guco which only spew out delusional nonsense, wishing some people AIDS because of some thread tags they don´t like and keep on taking their frustration out by typing hypocritical bs comments like the ones I quoted.

Carrot had just as much of a chance (if not more to be fair) than Yamato did.
Absolute nonsense lol. Oda spent all of Wano sidelining Carrot as much as he possibly could. Yamato, in comparison, from the second she was introduced was constantly being focused on (far more consistently than Carrot ever got even in WCI) to the extent of the focus Oda gave Yamato is one of the major flaws of Wano given the payoff was absolutely not worth it.

There’s a reason that Yamato, at the end of Wano got
a) an open invitation to join when she wishes
b) a flashback after the arc was over further explaining her change in decision

while in comparison Carrot got randomly thrown back to Zou without even getting a goodbye scene with the crew. That reason being that after Wano Oda needed to actually resolve why Yamato wasn’t joining the crew since he’d spent all her screen time having her talk about doing it. It wasn’t even a question that needed answered with Carrot, Oda just punted her aside and treated her the exact same way he treated her throughout Wano- as relatively unimportant side character.

Absolute nonsense lol. Oda spent all of Wano sidelining Carrot as much as he possibly could. Yamato, in comparison, from the second she was introduced was constantly being focused on (far more consistently than Carrot ever got even in WCI) to the extent of the focus Oda gave Yamato is one of the major flaws of Wano given the payoff was absolutely not worth it.

while in comparison Carrot got randomly thrown back to Zou without even getting a goodbye scene with the crew. That reason being that after Wano Oda needed to actually resolve why Yamato wasn’t joining the crew since he’d spent all her screen time having her talk about doing it. It wasn’t even a question that needed answered with Carrot, Oda just punted her aside and treated her the exact same way he treated her throughout Wano- as relatively unimportant side character.
I wasn't referring to how badly she was treated in Wano as much as I was referring to her during the Zou and Whole Cake Island arcs. It's weird how Oda built up her character during that time only for her to become irrelevant in the next arc. Surely you agree?

What was the point of her traveling with Luffy when she could've gone with Zoro, Robin, Usopp, Franky, Wanda and the others?

Nobody won in the end (except a possible W for Yamabros in the future). We're all stuck wondering.

Staymatard stans got real du lu lu issues. :gokulaugh:Forgive me Pot...... I held back for a while, but I'm about to be really mean now:myman:

Pot Goblin, pinnacle of carrot stans. Submissive yet hopeful. spammer of pepper sad. Humilated repeatedly but never getting angry, only sadder with each joke at their expense. Every single time there was just a tiny spark of hope for her, someone went out of their way to stomp it. Rather it be a random passbyer coming into the conversationm just to say "I'm glad carrot stayed and yamato join*", or a memer posting carrot's death. Let not forget the 20 IQ twitter users comparing her to a NAZI.

LostTheWaramato stans are fucking insane. They truly went out their way to crush this poor girl's hope. I love it when people get what they deserve. Oden :cheers:

The relevant factor isn't just focus, when you look at the basic level of roles or even dreams, Carrot vastly surpasses Yamato.

When you look at things like power it's the same, you couldn't have Yamato on the crew without substancially changing the crew dynamic, Yamato is essentially stronger than Zoro

And i don't understand this idea that Carrot got sidelined. For the better part of the last 2 arcs, Carrot was a defacto Strawhat, if she officially joined we would be talking about how she got sidelined like Brook did and if her fight wasn't offscreen she'd have as much focus as Brook had. When she's already had all crew interactions and the back story (kinda) and a dream/role she's basically the full package if not slighty underdeveloped.

The relevant factor isn't just focus, when you look at the basic level of roles or even dreams, Carrot vastly surpasses Yamato.
The lookout role has never once been mentioned in the series and Usopp can do it.

Carrot had a bog-standard wish to go to sea because she was bored or something. It was never Strawhat worthy Yamato had the exact same wish except bolstered by her being imprisoned by her father and wanting to emulate Oden.
When you look at things like power it's the same, you couldn't have Yamato on the crew without substancially changing the crew dynamic, Yamato is essentially stronger than Zoro
Utterly irrelevant. Same argument was made for Jinbei. Oda will always end up making it 1) Luffy 2) Zoro 3) Sanji
And i don't understand this idea that Carrot got sidelined. For the better part of the last 2 arcs, Carrot was a defacto Strawhat,
Momo and Kine’mon were de-facto Strawhats. That’s why they got an invite to join the crew whenever they want.

Carrot’s just another one in a host of characters who spent time with the Strawhats. Shinobu spent more time with the Strawhats on Wano than Carrot did. Was way more important as well.
if she officially joined we would be talking about how she got sidelined like Brook did
Getting Brook was the main purpose of the Thriller Bark arc. Carrot’s never had that level of relevancy, even in WCI or Zou.
and if her fight wasn't offscreen she'd have as much focus as Brook had
Yeah, so if we lived in a parallel universe where Oda actually bothered to spend time on Carrot maybe she might have been treated better in the end.

Not much of an argument.
When she's already had all crew interactions
Less than Law, Kine’mon and Momo had, making her… not special in the slightest.
and the back story (kinda)
Like three panels of her talking to Pedro.
Terrible dream and irrelevant role, sure
basically the full package if not slighty underdeveloped.
Carrot is a basic ass secondary character and that‘s all she ever was or will be. She’s not a Strawhat, she’s not even close to being a Strawhat and that’s why Oda didn’t even bother showing her saying good bye.

This is even worse than the delusions when she was actually playing a part in the story and people were trying to say that she would have a big role in the future. It never happened, but at least when you’re talking about the future something isn’t completely impossible, no matter how unlikely. Now we know the full story, we know everyone saying she was unimportant is right and we’re still getting this gibberish about how she’s basically a Strawhat? It’s crazy.

nakama thread so empty now... Yamato-Carrot debate is dead, screw new characters for nakama, and returning characters aren't showing any potential yet, well, and Caribou is a dark troll horse in the nakama race.

I wish we get cover page stories both for Carrot and Yamato.