Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
The only issue with the Sunny being the 10th Nakam is that the implication is that we need one more to fight BBs comanders. Most people think Franky would make the Sunny a mech, but if the Sunny is the 10th than it needs to fight a commander without anyone controling it
In this case the klabautermann would be the one who controls the ship and defends himself

One Piece fans on the internet tend to either dick-ride Oda hard, or trash him. Defending Oda here is a waste of time. We're a bunch of degenerates complaining about the author of a pirate manga we're pirating not fulfilling our online agendas.

This thread isn't even about WHY you think someone will join the Straw Hats, this thread is about telling other people why their favorite characters WON'T join the Straw Hats.

I didn't like how we left Wano at all, but just because the ending sucked for Yamato and Carrot fans, it doesn't mean those characters are screwed forever. To me, Oda hasn't ruined their characters, it's just tiring see all these plotlines get delayed. Just put the Rabbit and Oni on the ship, Oda (and Vivi).
Im a 13 SH agenda pusher and 99% of the time i have to defend Carrot vs Yamabros, that's the issue with this dynamic.

There's more people investing into hating Carrot than enjoying whatever other part of the series, it's derranged, i've never seen anything like it.

Yet i never seen any Vivi hate or Smoker hate or whatever else, and even Yamato hate just comes from people who think the character is legitamely shit

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
1.Opening Wano's borders is not related to the void century wtf, Momo literally told Zunesha to not open the borders. It's not up to the SH to open them, Momo can open them. Having Yamato join to open the borders makes no sense.

Even if you argue like some people did, that you need Pluton to open Wano's border, Pluton is in Wano, there's literally no connection to that dream and sailing with the SHs. It's a contradictory purpose.

2. Yes and like lookout, fighter/samurai has never been mentioned or exists as a role. And aprentice literally suits Carrot more than Yamato seing as Carrot is actually young.

3. "Because Oda spent zero time on the character who is meant to be performing this role and dream. He let Usopp do the looking out when Carrot was on the Sunny. There was no amazing moment where Carrot showed off her dazzling ability to see far. Where is Carrot‘s tsunami surfing equivalent as a lookout?"

Right where Yamato's role at all ever? Please explain it. Carrot was a lookout in WCI when fleeing the BM fleet, when has Yamato demonstrate 0.0000001% of her doing a role?

4. "You could tell me any role for Carrot and it would not matter, not because of the role, but because Carrot does not matter."

Neither does Yamato my dude, she's gone, she never had a role, she never set foot on the Sunny, she never interacted with any SHs besides one phrase or two.

Literally everything you say about Carrot is infinitely more applicable to Yamato, this is why you're flip floping on Yamato's dream role all the time, because you can't seem to handle the fact she's an asspull at the end of an arc, a one dimensional character with no story arc, no role and no dream that would make her a SH.
Post automatically merged:

Just answer this question did you think Yamato was going to join?

If so, why are you criticising Carrot not having a tsunami surfing moment, when Yamato doesn't even have a role.

Do you understand the absolute massive double standard you're imposing?

On one hand, you want a huge lookout moment for Carrot when she was being the lookout, or the other hand, Yamato can be a samurai/fighter/aprentice/hooker/meh whatever.

:shame:
Where is the double standards?
Yamato didn't have a role but it wasn't an argument for nor against her, as she have soon her possible role later on like other SHs.

Carrot being the lookout on the other hand was on thin ice because she was never a main character unlike the SHs, and never showed anything special as a lookout. Logically she would have displayed her unique lookout ability but never did, and lost the position to Usopp when she was right there.

Yamato remained to be seen while as Carrot accumulated huge detriments.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
Im a 13 SH agenda pusher and 99% of the time i have to defend Carrot vs Yamabros, that's the issue with this dynamic.

There's more people investing into hating Carrot than enjoying whatever other part of the series, it's derranged, i've never seen anything like it.

Yet i never seen any Vivi hate or Smoker hate or whatever else, and even Yamato hate just comes from people who think the character is legitamely shit
The more committed you get to personal agendas, the more blind you get to actually enjoying the series.

I don't like Momo, but I think he'll surpass Oden. Why? Because that's how Oda is writing the story, to have Momo reach his father's legend. I guess this is a bad example though, because Momo has... no fans here, as far as I know.

Also, people who like certain characters (Straw Hats, Admirals, etc) get pissed when their characters don't get a lot of focus. So, to them, spending so much time on Carrot, only for her to not join the crew, makes her seem like a giant waste of space. Same thing for people who hate Yamato: they think about how long Wano was, and wish Yamato was cut out so the arc could have focused more on characters like Zoro, and the Scabbards that didn't do much (hi, Kiyoshiro).

Some Sanji fans hate Carrot for getting so much time in Whole Cake, same with Zoro fans with Yamato in Wano.

I appreciate how you try to analyze the series itself, like with the numbers analysis with Vivi and Carrot. I'm just a crazy Buggy fan desperately trying to cling onto sanity amidst all the power scaling and agendas.

There must be a tenth nakama, either by luffy's opinion or by the ten titanic captains

Now, already so far into the story, it is not easy to add a new character to the crew, so most consider the band closed, the point is to find someone who meets the following:

Must not be a newly introduced character

It must be known by the crew, or at least by Luffy in advance.

He must know his captain's final dream (Bye Smoker/Carrot ;( )

Its existence must represent some utility to the band or the plot

It must have a special design/origin (that is, we have a cyborg, a reindeer, a skeleton, a fish, genetic modifications, etc.)

We are in a Shonen, he must know how to defend himself at the point of the plot in which we find ourselves (Bye Vivi)

It must not be someone obvious (we all know Oda)

He must have a good heart or at least good intentions (Bye Caribou)

For the aforementioned points is why I rule out Vivi, carrot, caribou, smoker, etc.

In my opinion, there are only two real contenders that, although impossible as they may seem, are viable options: Yamato and the Sunny's klabautermann.

I explain
We all know that Yamato was introduced with a shoehorn by Oda, it is obvious that she plans something in the future with her, she has the strength, she knows Luffy's dream, she is strong (perhaps too much), and has a unique origin (oni daughter of a yonkou) , the rest can be written in the future. Now they can say that Yamato stayed in Wano and it is true, although we all know that the crew must return to Wano (momonosuke, open the borders, Pluto,...) so they would give the others a chance to catch up with Yamato ( i.e. Jimbe 2.0)

And the craziest option that I believe in the most... the Sunny's klabautermann.
It is something that comes hand in hand with what we know of the spirit of the Merry (and nothing so far of the Sunny), but I think there are several indications to think so.

1) They took a photo of the Sunny, mistaking it for Frankie. Maybe whoever takes the photos detected that the Sunny has a soul or something like that and thought it was a transformation of Frankie, but it was just another crew member.
2) Oda is trolling with the tenth crew member. And when seeing Luffy's dream, the Sunny also "reacts", as if it were another nakama. The latter, to be exact.
3) The new plot of Vegapunk could reveal this a bit.

4)There is the fact that one of the titanic captains is literally nicknamed "Sanjuan Wolf, Colossal Warship". He must have a counterpart in Luffy's gang, what better confrontation than ship vs ship

5) Sunny had heard Luffy's dream, what's more, he had his own reaction panel..

I would think that the time to introduce him as a materialized character is now, with veganpunk and his knowledge of devil fruits and souls in the world of One Piece, plus if the next arc is Elbaf, then it could be an arc focused on him Sunny and in Adam's wood.

If anyone can add panels that validate my arguments I would appreciate it, I'm sure those panels exist but I'm too lazy to look for them in the manga, I mean, I'm almost sure there are times when sunny has had strange, atypical reactions of an inanimate object.

Last edited:
Where is the double standards?
Yamato didn't have a role but it wasn't an argument for nor against her, as she have soon her possible role later on like other SHs.

Carrot being the lookout on the other hand was on thin ice because she was never a main character unlike the SHs, and never showed anything special as a lookout. Logically she would have displayed her unique lookout ability but never did, and lost the position to Usopp when she was right there.

Yamato remained to be seen while as Carrot accumulated huge detriments.
??? Seing as i said that, arguing with someone that said Yamato had a much better chance of joining than Carrot, it is an argument agaisnt Yamato yes and it is a double standard.

Literally read what i said and what he said, he wanted a big lookout moment for Carrot but couldn't muster one single role that made sense for Yamato, that's what a double standard is.

Carrot needed to have had a big lookout moment - standard 1
Yamato can just be any ol' bullshit role - standard 2

Which is complete bullsht anyways, Ussop has never had any big sniper moments.

For the 100th time all of these criticisms against Carrot fall onto Yamato 1000x times harder.

He must know his captain's final dream (Bye Smoker/Carrot ;( )
I don't know why this is a criteria, by that metric only Sabo or Yamato can join.

The more committed you get to personal agendas, the more blind you get to actually enjoying the series.

I don't like Momo, but I think he'll surpass Oden. Why? Because that's how Oda is writing the story, to have Momo reach his father's legend. I guess this is a bad example though, because Momo has... no fans here, as far as I know.

Also, people who like certain characters (Straw Hats, Admirals, etc) get pissed when their characters don't get a lot of focus. So, to them, spending so much time on Carrot, only for her to not join the crew, makes her seem like a giant waste of space. Same thing for people who hate Yamato: they think about how long Wano was, and wish Yamato was cut out so the arc could have focused more on characters like Zoro, and the Scabbards that didn't do much (hi, Kiyoshiro).

Some Sanji fans hate Carrot for getting so much time in Whole Cake, same with Zoro fans with Yamato in Wano.

I appreciate how you try to analyze the series itself, like with the numbers analysis with Vivi and Carrot. I'm just a crazy Buggy fan desperately trying to cling onto sanity amidst all the power scaling and agendas.

I'm literally only invested in this idea because of the excelent series of videos done by Gabiru on Youtube, that's it, i was fine with just watching OP as a normie, all of my analysis are based on his videos because he essenciatlly as far as i'm concerned already made a better symbolic crew narrative than Oda did

I don't really get why Oda made Carrot tag along with Luffy though. Was it just so she could explore the sea? Why even give her that interest? If there's anything that Carrot and Yamato shared, it was the wish to explore. That's probably it.

Was Carrot's only purpose to be an assist during the Whole Cake Island arc? If so, that'd be kind of disappointing. :catcry:

I don't know why this is a criteria, by that metric only Sabo or Yamato can join.

[/QUOTE]
And The Sunny ;) Read the Theory

I have defended Yamato joining the SH as the tenth Mugiwara, but I never discarded Carrot and Vivi including them in the Sunny, of course as apprentices of the ship, like Shanks and Buggy.
But what makes me angry is the huge amount of smoked theories that Carrot's fans have created and their similarity to their possible union by comparing them to the two best Waifus of SH, Nami and Robin.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
??? Seing as i said that, arguing with someone that said Yamato had a much better chance of joining than Carrot, it is an argument agaisnt Yamato yes and it is a double standard.

Literally read what i said and what he said, he wanted a big lookout moment for Carrot but couldn't muster one single role that made sense for Yamato, that's what a double standard is.

Carrot needed to have had a big lookout moment - standard 1
Yamato can just be any ol' bullshit role - standard 2

Which is complete bullsht anyways, Ussop has never had any big sniper moments.

For the 100th time all of these criticisms against Carrot fall onto Yamato 1000x times harder.

I'm literally only invested in this idea because of the excelent series of videos done by Gabiru on Youtube, that's it, i was fine with just watching OP as a normie, all of my analysis are based on his videos because he essenciatlly as far as i'm concerned already made a better symbolic crew narrative than Oda did
I've read both and you're still not getting it.

A SHs role is something that only that SH can do and the rest can't. No one can Navigate like Nami, cook like Sanji, steer the ship like Jinbe etc.. Both Yamato and Carrot never displayed any special role ability, but Carrot had the lookout spot numerous times and showed nothing. Other characters like Pedro did the role. When Carrot was with the SHs for the final battle in Wano, Oda had Usopp perform the lookout role( and better than anything Carrot ever showed)and had Carrot once again separate from the SHs.

Yamato had 0 points for nakama role, but still had the possibility of showing something. Carrot had negative points for the reasons above. Again, I don't see any double standards from Garp.

And Yamato was objectively a much better candidate than Carrot. When has Yamato been anything below a main character, something Carrot has never been? When had Carrot gotten an arc directly involving her like Yamato and the other SHs? When has Yamato and SHs been off screened and separated from the main conflict in their recruitment arcs? When has Yamato gotten attention simply because an editor was obsessed with her?

I don't really get why Oda made Carrot tag along with Luffy though. Was it just so she could explore the sea? Why even give her that interest? If there's anything that Carrot and Yamato shared, it was the wish to explore. That's probably it.

Was Carrot's only purpose to be an assist during the Whole Cake Island arc? If so, that'd be kind of disappointing. :catcry:
Ask the same thing with Paulie, with Kokoro, with Kin'emon, with Law... And analyze the theme of the arc they were with the crew... You'll get the answer...

Also, imagine if someone like Shishilian is the one promoted to lead a civilization connected to a relevant part of the lore... It would be kinda similar if Hiyori became the shogun instead of Momo... They'll suddenly become relevant in the Final War without prior relevance...

And The Sunny ;) Read the Theory[/QUOTE]

Yamato won't join... Someone with Ryokugyu-induced PTSD can't join...

I've read both and you're still not getting it.

A SHs role is something that only that SH can do and the rest can't. No one can Navigate like Nami, cook like Sanji, steer the ship like Jinbe etc.. Both Yamato and Carrot never displayed any special role ability, but Carrot had the lookout spot numerous times and showed nothing. Other characters like Pedro did the role. When Carrot was with the SHs for the final battle in Wano, Oda had Usopp perform the lookout role( and better than anything Carrot ever showed)and had Carrot once again separate from the SHs.
I literally dunno where you ever saw that but sure.

Yamato had 0 points for nakama role, but still had the possibility of showing something. Carrot had negative points for the reasons above. Again, I don't see any double standards from Garp.
That literally makes no sense, your opinion that she subjectively isn't as good as a lookout as you want, which she isn't bad, somehow makes her get negative points vs Yamato literally having nothing, it's ridicoulus and i have already pointed the double standard, you just seem to be ignorining it at this point.

And Yamato was objectively a much better candidate than Carrot. When has Yamato been anything below a main character, something Carrot has never been?
Yamato was never a main character? She was a last minute addition at the third act of an arc? Are you unironically going to say Wano was about Yamato? She literally didn't exist for most of the arc and served no narrative role besides replacing Kaido as a protector thats it. Yamato's entire existence was part 3 of an arc, she's never had ups and downs in relevance because she existed for one battle.

When had Carrot gotten an arc directly involving her like Yamato and the other SHs?
Hum WCI? Again Wano was not about Yamato, wtf am i reading. Carrot was directly involved in WCI as much as Yamato was directly involved in Wano, they were just there, noone of the arc story hinged on them

When has Yamato and SHs been off screened and separated from the main conflict in their recruitment arcs?
Bruh, Yamato wasn't in one full arc, it's like asking me when was King been off screened? And unironically Yamato was kinda of seperated in the main conflict yes, her last character fight arc was cheerleading Momo to lift Onigashima.

When has Yamato gotten attention simply because an editor was obsessed with her?
Ok? I don't even.... Now you're making up that Carrot got attention because the editor was obssesed, i though she didn't get attention? It's a flip flop all the time with you people

I mean just the sheer fact Yamato doesn't have a role makes her a worse candidate than Carrot yes, i'm sorry that's how it works.

That's always how the story was written, she can literally be Yonko level, she still needs to fill basic requirements

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I literally dunno where you ever saw that but sure.
Usopp noticed gaurds on the way to Onigashima and knocked them out with his sniping.

That literally makes no sense, your opinion that she subjectively isn't as good as a lookout as you want, which she isn't bad, somehow makes her get negative points vs Yamato literally having nothing, it's ridicoulus and i have already pointed the double standard, you just seem to be ignorining it at this point.
It's not subjective. It is a fact that Carrot never displayed any kind of lookout ability beyond that of what the other SHs can easily do themselves.

The fact that Oda instead had other characters perform the position and separate Carrot from them is telling, along with the fact that she wasn't important in Wano.

Yamato was never a main character? She was a last minute addition at the third act of an arc? Are you unironically going to say Wano was about Yamato? She literally didn't exist for most of the arc and served no narrative role besides replacing Kaido as a protector thats it. Yamato's entire existence was part 3 of an arc, she's never had ups and downs in relevance because she existed for one battle.
Yamato was one of the main driving forces of Wano. Are you honestly saying she wasn't?

Hum WCI? Again Wano was not about Yamato, wtf am i reading. Carrot was directly involved in WCI as much as Yamato was directly involved in Wano, they were just there, noone of the arc story hinged on them
So WCI never mattered for Carrot's candidacy then? I thought everything mattered? All Carrot did in WCI was help Chopper catch Brulee and stalled the BMP like many others did. She was never a main character.

Yamato got an entire flashback, connections to important characters, and a got a 1v1 with the main villain to give the main hero time to come back....also helped the secondary protagonist in saving Wano. That's much better than Carrot's best in WCI, and not even worth mentioning her virtually non existence in Wano.

Bruh, Yamato wasn't in one full arc, it's like asking me when was King been off screened? And unironically Yamato was kinda of seperated in the main conflict yes, her last character fight arc was cheerleading Momo to lift Onigashima.
Yamato was part of the main conflict from beginning to end upon her introduction....

Ok? I don't even.... Now you're making up that Carrot got attention because the editor was obssesed, i though she didn't get attention? It's a flip flop all the time with you people
What are even talking about?

Naito himself said that he loves Carrot and that Oda should give her more attention. The moment he took over as editor, Carrot suddenly got attention at the end of WCI, and when he was removed as editor early Wano, Carrot was suddenly shoved to the background and separated from the main conflict. In Wano, she got no attention at all aside from getting off paneled by Pero. I've said this for like a year so you made up the "flip flopping."

I mean just the sheer fact Yamato doesn't have a role makes her a worse candidate than Carrot yes, i'm sorry that's how it works.
That's not how it works. Carrot's fan made up role never got any special attention drawn to it, never had a real flashback like the SHs, didn't have a villain that Luffy had to beat like the SHs, got off paneled and separated from the main conflict unlike Yamato and the SHs etc.

That's always how the story was written, she can literally be Yonko level, she still needs to fill basic requirements
Yamato filled more of them than Carrot did.

Really sounds like you just got a serious hate boner for anything Yamato related. She was objectively a better candidate than Carrot.

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever
I think Carrot's role in the crew would be as scout. Most of her combat involves Carrot ambushing enemies to catch them off guard with her speed.

Carrot speed-blitzed Zoro in Zou.
Carrot speed-blitzed Daifuku's fleet in Whole Cake
Carrot speed-blitzed Perospero in Wano

She's fast with good senses. Carrot is a good secondary lookout, but her official role would be of a scout, who uses her speed and senses to explore and scout out the islands the Straw Hats reach.

Yamato, on the other hand, with her Ice Defense she used against Kaido, and her overall strength as an Oni and Mythical Zoan makes her ideal as a tank.

Vivi is the Diplomat.

Tama is the hidden unlockable ninja.

Naito himself said that he loves Carrot and that Oda should give her more attention. The moment he took over as editor, Carrot suddenly got attention at the end of WCI, and when he was removed as editor early Wano, Carrot was suddenly shoved to the background and separated from the main conflict. In Wano, she got no attention at all aside from getting off paneled by Pero. I've said this for like a year so you made up the "flip flopping."
Is Carrot a lie? :wonderland: