One Piece Chapter 1063 "The Only Family I've Got"

Rate this chapter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To think of it, I wonder if Shonen Jump will eventually try to catch onto the multiverse trend lately and try to do their own versions with their biggest series, kinda like the crossovers we had before a long time ago lol.

Shonen Jump Multiverse?
They probably would you know. But they'd have to hint at it you know?

Something like Zeno in Dragon Ball or his father, sealing off access to other universes (apart from the ones currently available) for some reason.
Hints at their being conflict with other dieties. Something about mysterious powers chakra/reiatsu & special fruits etc. Add in world's like HxH, pokemon, black clover....

Ngl I'd read that lol

I wonder if she'll end up aging the Punk Hazard children for any reason too
Might be, so they momentarily grow up into giants to some extend as they still seem big for children, or at least close to that size.

Also speaking of Bonneys DF, since Law showed you can resist transformative effects from enemy DF attacks this chapter and thus "undo them", I wonder if people aged up or down by Bonney can do the same if their haki is strong enough? Also people turned to toys by Su
Shouldn't be an exception imo, if you have strong haki and can use enough of it you can break free from those powers. Similarly Kaido and BM could defend themselves from preventing Law to movr them around or personality transplant

Honestly I just want Bonney to officially ally with the Revolutionaries and support their cause outright and thus fully. Unless she blames them for what happened to Kuma? Lol. Could be possible? But aside from that, I think she and Betty may get on well personality wise and due to Kuma and such?
Hmm I don't think she will blame them, Kuma willingly joined the Revs, and once he regains his memories he would still be a Rev I think, or maybe the effects will remain irreversible. Another king meeting his end like Cobra.

We've had a discount version of Bonneys' aging people with Shinobu aging up Momo (although the question if Shinobus is permanent too or can sufficient enough haki undo that too?) and now we got Doc Q giving people "immediate gender reassignment surgeries" somehow, like a discount version of Ivankov lol. But since Doc's powers are AOE or can hit an area/are widespread (literally) and thus contagious, this opens up some insane potential and makes
Doc Q's ability has so much potential if it works thw way I believe. Like he can create his own diseases. For example an infection that makes others explode upon catching the sickness, and that can spread on others, using the exploding apples idea he did back then, same principle, but with more variety.

Basically can infect people with anything beyond the traditional term "sickness".

I'd love to see Doc Q vs Ivankov now too to think of it. I wonder if Doc had this fruit at Impel Down and thus how it could have interacted vs Magellan's fruit potentially? I do wonder when Burgess, Doc and Burgess got their fruits, surely Burgess wasn't using a DF before this arc right?
Judging from Law's comment they got their abilities lately (aftee Dressrosa, WCI, or Wano anywhere inbetween these arc's with Burgess for sure after Dressrosa).

Could see Doc Q do strange shit like infect Magellans poison to make it harmless

I'm also very confused and disappointed with Stronger getting the Pegasus fruit, that is so lame, even worse than Burgess's DF choice. Burgess could have a lot of potential but it just seems a very typical meathead/DBZ linear powerup type system right now. Me and a close friend had far crazier/wackier ideas with more fun and versatility than this, easily.
He's just there to carry Doc Q, don't think too much of that.

Imo I like Burgess ability, it seems like it might be the superior version of Urouge's df, he can already do a bunch of crazy shit without having to eat shit up his face unlike Urouge.

Also finally, theres the issue of Lafittes hypnosis and wings, do they come from a DF that hasnt been revealed yet or has Lafitte gained a DF now too?
- His wings could be a df but not hypnosis
- His hypnosis could be part of a df but not his wings
- Or both are part of a df, and he has a mythical zoan in that case like perhaps the Siren. Since we got the Pegasus mythical zoan which is not japan themed, there's now room for Laffitte to have the Siren mythical zoan, which would explain his wings and hypnosis/mind reading powers.

Bonney is pathetic for that. What a dumb liability like I know this bitch knows what a pacifista is, and hasn’t she read the news? Kuma was rescued by the Revs lmao

Matter of fact the bitch was there when it happened
:lusalty:
Remember that Bonney is probably an actual child. She was a child when she was drowning, so it’s probably a Momo 2.0 situation

G

Gorosei Informer

Might be, so they momentarily grow up into giants to some extend as they still seem big for children, or at least close to that size.
Aye, it would make a pretty cool hype moment if they get aged up and turned into badass warriors temporarily, well at least adults who can fight ofc lol. Pseudo giant warriors.

Shouldn't be an exception imo, if you have strong haki and can use enough of it you can break free from those powers. Similarly Kaido and BM could defend themselves from preventing Law to movr them around or personality transplant
Aye thats what I was thinking, I quite like this approach Oda is taking now. It certainly helps alleviate some of the issues these DFs have been arising. Aye, I was thinking of that exact moment too, I was kinda miffed that Law couldn't shift them around BUT it would have been far too broken if he could ofc lol. Maybe if he actually reaches their level completely or even surpasses them somehow lmao. Honestly wouldnt mind that for an EOS feat!

Hmm I don't think she will blame them, Kuma willingly joined the Revs, and once he regains his memories he would still be a Rev I think, or maybe the effects will remain irreversible. Another king meeting his end like Cobra.
Aye thats true too, she is pretty mature too, she seems level headed/rational generally. That is unfortunate, I did fear Kuma would not be able to be saved and thus the bitter irony of all these Kuma clones everywhere but not being able to restore her father back to normal, only being stuck with these degrading imitations of him.

Although I wonder if that Seraphim Kuma that is with CP0 will be something special somehow, either a serious emotional turmoil for Bonney naturally and a way to test the SHs vs Kuma as closely as possible, giving them a way to fight a replica of the original Kuma as closely as possible? Maybe that one will be the one to replace OG Kuma and the one Bonney might "accept" to "substitute" for her father?

Although she probably is gonna have to go through a grieving process like Luffy with Ace and this arc is where we finally get closure for Kuma's storyline and a true farewell for him, hence why he wasn't killed off at the Reverie incident and thus "mercy killed" even back then?

Honestly I can't even believe that Cobra is actually dead, despite us not getting to see him die and confirm it too. Its just shocking that hes actually gone now apparently tbh.

Doc Q's ability has so much potential if it works thw way I believe. Like he can create his own diseases. For example an infection that makes others explode upon catching the sickness, and that can spread on others, using the exploding apples idea he did back then, same principle, but with more variety.

Basically can infect people with anything beyond the traditional term "sickness".
Yeah to be fair, this is much more imaginative and thus creative and versatile than just spamming known diseases, this guy comes up with his own unique ones with the most bizarre (Jojo-like even funnily enough) side effects on people. Making someone explode is a really good idea as we saw him blowing up someone with an explosive apple back at Jaya too? Oh wait you just mentioned it afterwards ofc lmao.

Thats making me think of how Boas fruit was apparently said by Oda to not just be romantic/lustful desire but desire of any kind? Almost sounds like a Seven Sins type deal? Having "impure desires" and being turned to stone as punishment? It seems Oda is trying to embrace versatility with his DFs, like how King and Queen had such bizarre, unique moves and forms for their Zoans too.

Also Luffys DF now being said to to give him the "ultimate freedom" and thus he can do anything he wants or so? It operates on his belief/imagination and makes it real so to speak, like making dreams a reality as a power? Or at least enables him to do that more directly now?

Judging from Law's comment they got their abilities lately (aftee Dressrosa, WCI, or Wano anywhere inbetween these arc's with Burgess for sure after Dressrosa).

Could see Doc Q do strange shit like infect Magellans poison to make it harmless
Aye that makes sense, as we had Burgess trying to hunt DFs at Dressrosa and failing too ofc. I saw someone suggest that his new DF might have been Weevils and thus Weevil was offscreened and killed but I doubt that happened at all lol. It would be ridiculous if Weevil after being declared "the real son" of WB" with no explanation and then being killed offscreen without ever doing anything in the story and also being compared to a young/prime WB by Kizaru too.

I also panicked that it might be Urouges DF somehow but I would hate that even more than Weevil being killed offscreen lol. I dont think its his either as Urouges relies on taking damage to get stronger and it makes him bigger as he does too, it operates on some kind of karma mechanic as Urouge mentions karma when he uses his moves?

That would be pretty dope, maybe even infecting it to make it healing instead somehow ironically? In Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, I once modded the nuclear missiles to heal enemy units and buildings when they strike an enemy, much to the confusion of my friend who I was playing against and had no idea what my mod did until he tried to drop a literal nuke on me in the game LMAO!

He's just there to carry Doc Q, don't think too much of that.

Imo I like Burgess ability, it seems like it might be the superior version of Urouge's df, he can already do a bunch of crazy shit without having to eat shit up his face unlike Urouge.
Yeah I guess its just plot convenience to give BB some kind of transporation, especially a flying mount ofc. He is the pet/gag character of the crew and we know how Oda loves to handle those lol. Which makes me wonder what nonsense hes gonna pull with Monster in Shanks crew lmao.

Yeah I was thinking its superiors to Urouges DF for the reason you said. I would try to give Urouge the edge by letting him absorb the properties of what hits him and being able to use it, so if fire or lightning hits him, he can use it in return and literally fight fire with fire too and or apply his DF to the environment so enemy attacks hitting the environment would make it lash back out towards the attacker or something?

Burgess fruit seems far more convenient though, I was discussing it with a friend yesterday and I said to him, I wonder if the fruit has any actual limit on the amount of power he can gain? I've seen people joking about how he's gonna become Saitama/One Punch Man potentially which is hilarious and he seems like a far superior version of Elizabello with his Yonko slaying Punch as I'm sure Burgess can gain the same amount of power in FAR less time ofc.

If anything too, making yourself bigger like Urouge does too, makes you a bigger target too ofc, easier to hit and harder to fall in more ways than one lol. Burgess probably operates on "compressed power" like how Luffy was using that for Kong Gun and thus Boundman and such? Or Bellamy with his spring powers but better ofc?
Burgess can power himself up literally without needing to change his size or mass and just gain free buffs seemingly? Thats very impressive to be fair.

Theres also if theres any weird shit he can do with it, some very lateral/outside of the box stuff like what Doc Q was doing. People were downplaying Auger with his new teleport fruit but they have no idea of the immense potential of it, especially on such an accomplished/proven sniper too and then, there might be some insane, outside of the box shit Auger can do with that DF too?

Maybe this is why Oda gave them such seemingly "simple" and "underwhelming" DFs because they are foils to Luffy and even the DF having SHs and will showcase how amazingly they can be used with the right mindset and such?

Thanks for all the responses, going into such detail and such! Its really fun having discussions like this!

:cheers::kata:

People were downplaying Auger with his new teleport fruit but they have no idea of the immense potential of it, especially on such an accomplished/proven sniper too and then, there might be some insane, outside of the box shit Auger can do with that DF too?
Imagine Auger playing with the fate he believes in so much:

Shoots a bullet.

Teleports the target in front of the bullet.

The bullet hits the target.

Auger: it was fate to hit the target.

If Oda wanted this could become a "philosophical gag".

G

Gorosei Informer

They probably would you know. But they'd have to hint at it you know?

Something like Zeno in Dragon Ball or his father, sealing off access to other universes (apart from the ones currently available) for some reason.
Hints at their being conflict with other dieties. Something about mysterious powers chakra/reiatsu & special fruits etc. Add in world's like HxH, pokemon, black clover....

Ngl I'd read that lol
Aye that could be extremely hype and very promising if done right, I can only imagine the HYPE and inevitable fandom warring/clashing if it happens too, especially the powerscaling and such hahahaha!

What you suggested already sounds pretty cool tbh, I'd be up for reading that too! Some kind of multiverse one of a kind in the industry epic with all these renowned Shonen heroes and series crossing over for a unified storyline would be immense honestly!

KInda like what Jump Force was supposed to be ofc but they fucked that up bigtime apparently?

I wonder how it would be written though, would each author write a different arc or have one author oversee it but the other authors oversee their characters and series involvement in this grand series? Just trying to imagine all the mangakas trying to work together and their egos, distinct personalities and such but I know some mangakas are huge fans of each other and such, so it might be quite a nice opportunity too?

Maybe it could be a monthly series where each author involved draws part of the chapter, maybe a few pages each or so?

Maybe for simplicity they could just organise another anime special episode or movie or w/e?

Well anyway, if it ever happens somehow, it would be pretty swell indeed but maybe the series staying self contained might be better too, given the issues with DC and Marvel and their multiverses too haha.

I'd love a new Shonen Jump Superstars game though, that gets localised to the west and up to date with more recent series too as well as the current state of series like OP and being the true anime Smash Bros or "Multiversus" we need if you will ofc lol.
Post automatically merged:

Imagine Auger playing with the fate he believes in so much:

Shoots a bullet.

Teleports the target in front of the bullet.

The bullet hits the target.

Auger: it was fate to hit the target.

If Oda wanted this could become a "philosophical gag".
Ahahaha, that would be pretty funny! I did see someone call Auger a "fraud sniper" who just uses his DF to ensure "perfect accuracy" but man, I just want to be truly dangerous and fantastic sniper, enhanced by an insanely powerful DF too, like a similar situation to how Shiryu should be a fantastic swordsman enhanced by a great DF, although given what his DF is, I really hope the intangilbilty idea is canon then and anything else Oda can surprise us with too lol.

Auger having a gag like that though, like a sort of parody of Hawkins would be too funny! Didn't Smoker say the ice-cream hitting his trousers was just their fate? I remember some character, an anime character I'm sure, saying something happening to their trousers was just fate for a gag moment, whether it was Smoker or someone else lol. Might have been a gag about Hawkins or Blackbeard or something, I can't remember unfortunately.

The sheer potential a teleporting sniper has is insane, never mind teleporting the bullets they fire or even their targets too ofc! I was DESPERATE for him to get Corazon's DF, the Nagi Nagi no mi I think it was called, as a completely silent sniper who would never hear firing and thus know their location from their gunfire, would be TERRIFYING and if he could silence his targets too when he hits them, they can't even scream out and cry for help and thus alert others they've been shot and there's a sniper targeting them!

The Sorbet Kingdom might not even exist anymore, unless they got a new ruler.
Yeah, the only way to go here now it's that Bonney herself starts to tell something bad happened to her country and there are a new ruler here as you say (something like Dressrosa).

A Doflamingo like (a guy allied to the World Government but into the underworld too).

For me, it's not bad if the thing goes like this. I would love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.