Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Sanji and Don Krieg are probably the most thematically connected strawhat/villain combo in the series. One of Sanji's core ideals, as much as, if not more so than not hitting women, is always feeding the hungry no matter what. This is obviously caused by his traumatic backstory with Zeff on the island. When Gin showed up, the other chefs told him not to feed him because he wasn't paying and he might come back with more pirates. Sanji fed him anyways and sure enough, he brought Don Krieg. They even tried to attack Sanji to prevent him from feeding Don Krieg, but his ideals wouldn't allow him to let him starve. And when Don Krieg attacked, just like the chefs said he would, Sanji's ideals were thrown into question because the resteraunt he had dedicated his life to protecting out of debt to Zeff was about to be taken. A lot more was on the line for Sanji than Baratie. If Krieg won, it would have been Sanji's fault because of his ideals. He would have had to abandoned his core beliefs, and probably ended up as a completely broken man. The whole thing was fundementally Sanji's fault, and it was a battle for the validity of his values. I'd say that's a pretty damn strong connection.

No not really all you said right now is compeltly interchangable with any other villain, circusntances made Don Krieg starve and made that arc about stavation on purpose.

Thematically Don Krieg has nothing to do with hunger or stavation, he's a captain of a large fleet. he's a piece of shit, he's literally called Foul-play Krieg, he's deceptive and cunning, uses cheap tricks and weapons and relies on his armor, that's the character's themes. If he was known to starve his subordinates ocasionally as a form of punishment sure, but that still doesn't change the fact, Sanji has no connection to Don Krieg like i said, he just happen to appear in the Baratie, there's no history.

You're confusing the arc themes with character themes. Wano has themes of identity, doesn't mean Kaido has that theme.

I don't understand why Carrot fans always use this to try and justify Carrot not fitting the mold that every last strawhat fits. Sanji isn't even the weakest link in that pattern. Jinbei is since he didn't need Luffy's help at all. He was more than capable of beating all the new fishman pirates by himself.
You don't understand this, because it never happens, only that mod guy thinks villains needs to be thematically tied to the candidate, no "Carrot fan" as ever used that as evidence for anything related to Carrot lol.

The only "mold" every SH fits is the role/dream. Everythign else is guesswork

It’s like the Japanese guys that refused to surrender until decades after WWII was over
Delusional again? Its like german hating british that started during/after ww2. Come on use that brain to map things, I know your suppose to be older and have a life history. Please tell me you know what happened and what is happening in the world? One piece isn't real....

AL sama

Red Haired
No, I got history with you and I don't like it and I don't like you. You came at me like you thought you knew what I was about. You made assumptions about my mindset and character and acted on it. You had no restraint, no bigger picture thinkng.

Whatever, how about you restraint yourself from associating behavior pattern with certain fanbases. The real story is that you were an ass to me because someone was an ass to you, and the lovely cycle continues.
if you keep calling people "ass" no one can stop me from banning you

have a nice day

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Sanji and Don Krieg are probably the most thematically connected strawhat/villain combo in the series. One of Sanji's core ideals, as much as, if not more so than not hitting women, is always feeding the hungry no matter what. This is obviously caused by his traumatic backstory with Zeff on the island. When Gin showed up, the other chefs told him not to feed him because he wasn't paying and he might come back with more pirates. Sanji fed him anyways and sure enough, he brought Don Krieg. They even tried to attack Sanji to prevent him from feeding Don Krieg, but his ideals wouldn't allow him to let him starve. And when Don Krieg attacked, just like the chefs said he would, Sanji's ideals were thrown into question because the resteraunt he had dedicated his life to protecting out of debt to Zeff was about to be taken. A lot more was on the line for Sanji than Baratie. If Krieg won, it would have been Sanji's fault because of his ideals. He would have had to abandoned his core beliefs, and probably ended up as a completely broken man. The whole thing was fundementally Sanji's fault, and it was a battle for the validity of his values. I'd say that's a pretty damn strong connection.

I don't understand why Carrot fans always use this to try and justify Carrot not fitting the mold that every last strawhat fits. Sanji isn't even the weakest link in that pattern. Jinbei is since he didn't need Luffy's help at all. He was more than capable of beating all the new fishman pirates by himself.
And more that too: the theme of Baratie is conviction and materialism.

Don Krieg has great ambition in wanting to conquer the pirate world and believes himself to be the strongest. He was the most successful active pirate in East Blue and the #1 candidate to be successful in the Grand Line, but he lacks conviction. To make up for it, he has gluttonous excessive material; all the weapons, all the ships, all the men and he still wanted more.

Sanji on the other hand was a simple chef on a small boat. He's come far in life with so little, and he even handicaps himself by never using his hands thanks to his conviction to his ideals. Sanji's conviction to his ideals far outweighs the power of material access. Sanji however, lacked conviction for his ambitions which is why he failed to take out Krieg.

Luffy is the one caught between it all as the one with an ambition with the conviction to back it up, and he proved Krieg wrong by making all his material possessions worthless.

Typical yamato fans are like univited guess who leave their trash all over the place, so they aren't allowed and they get prissy about it. If you treat someone who behave poorly like they are unwelcomed, you're bad.

They are the type of people that park in you're paid for parking spot and act dumb when you have their car tolled after warning. Such a strange delusional collection of people. These people are just delusional.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Typical yamato fans are like univited guess who leave their trash all over the place, so they aren't allowed and they get prissy about it. If you treat someone who behavior poorly like they are unwelcomed, you're bad.

They are the type of people that park in you're paid for parking spot and act dumb when you have their car tolled after warning. Such a strange delusional collection of people. These people are just delusional.
Yamato fans are just upset. They had their W and Oda stole it from them last minute.