Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Yeah, and Nami also said this.

It's called an arc guys.
Post automatically merged:

Jaguar D Saul

Carrot experienced an Alice in Wonderland as the Rabbit X DBZ Were Monkey in Tottoland. The first Sulong. It was cool. It was a magical experience. But as you alluded through Pedro, Oda had different plans for Carrot. Stay in Zou as Pedro's replacement to ruler so he can join the Strawhats with no reservations.

Last edited:
In my opinion with the upcoming Egghead arc there are 2 possible candidates to join the strawhat crew.

The first one is the most obvious character: Jewelry Bonney. She is more like an ally to the strawhats and could become a crew member with her ties (her father Kuma and dragon). I definitely can see her pushing the main story on and taking action here.

The other is not as obvious and would be Rob Lucci. This is a little strange to hear, but I want to read between the lines here and explain:

After the last two chapters I have noticed some little details. At first, we have to go back a little: The first thing which bothered me was that Rob Lucci’s reaction to Kaku’s explanation was a rather “emotional” one for him (chapter 1062). I first thought Oda depicted him rather out of character. During the Water 7 and Enies Lobby arc he batted not even an eye when situations escalated (e.g., being informed of an intruder on board of Puffing Tom or when he noticed that all of his CP9-collegues had lost). In short – he seemed always cool and collected. Why is it then, that we see him now in chapter 1062 fumbling “nervously” with his hat, while stating that he hates geniuses? This is somehow a little out of character.

Additionally, even if he did not go so far as to outright question their order, he was interested in the reason as to why Vegapunk was to be assassinated. Unusual for him, since we do know him to be utmost loyal to the government and never considers orders given to him or people around him (e.g., when the noble Charlos wanted Shirahoshi captured during the Levely arc, Lucci stated that a god can do whatever pleases him – no questions, no buts).

His reaction would make more sense, if we look at the personalities of Vegapunk and Lucci – or rather the oppositeness of them. Now, in the latest chapter we see Vegapunk as an emotional expressive, quirky and friendly (if chaotic) older individual, who is probably the exact opposite of Lucci (On Ohara he seems quieter and more reserved, but I think this is due to the general situation he finds himself in – death of his friend and destruction of Ohara). Now imagine both characters interacting with each other. The picture outright screams interpersonal difficulties! If Lucci knows Vegapunk, then he knows how the man behaves and who he is going to face on Egghead. I think there is a connection between the two. And that connection is the reason Lucci is feeling rather “unwell” or “indignant” or whatever you want to call it at the prospect of CP0’s order or future interaction with Vegapunk himself.

I think this time Lucci will play a deeper role in the overall storyline than the one of just the main antagonist of the arc. Which one, I don’t know yet. But I would put him in a more supporting side-character-zone.

What is more is that Oda has not yet revealed Punk 01’s face, yet. It could mean his true face will be a surprise for the reader. It maybe even reveal similarities with somebody the reader knows from the past of the One Piece-story somehow.
(Also, did you see how Oda introduced Vegapunk 01? It maybe that I am just exaggerating, but look at the posture of him in chapter 1065 and during his storytelling in chapter 1066. Does it look somehow familiar to you?)

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
4 big takes in wano

1) ZKk - didn't happen but atleast zoro got to scar kaido

2)Sanji vs King or both king and Queen - atleast sanji fought Queen

3)Yamato will join - didn't happen but Got panel time, clashed with kaido, Oda showed her important enough to be present when Luffy went G5 , ShS asked her to join and most importantly got goodbye panel

4) Carrot will join - Got totally off panelled and sidelined and didn't even get good bye panel lol

I still can't wrap my head around how carrot fans didn't even get to see goodbye despite carrot sailing with SHs for whole WCI :jay-he:

*Disappears quickly into shadows*

> Stay in Zou as Pedro's replacement to ruler so he can join the Strawhats with no reservations.

these old fuckers passing their responsibilities to a child to go be free. mink men ain't shit
You should be glad Carrot was given the honor to be the Mink's next ruler. Carrot was not supposed to travel to Tottoland on that mission so any shine she received was an extra not a given.

You should be glad Carrot was given the honor to be the Mink's next ruler. Carrot was not supposed to travel to Tottoland on that mission so any shine she received was an extra not a given.
You understand a human being is making these decisions right?

She was not supose to travel to Totland in-story but that plus whatever "shine" she was given was because Oda wanted it to happen.

You understand a human being is making these decisions right?

She was not suppose to travel to Totland in-story but that plus whatever "shine" she was given was because Oda wanted it to happen.
Technically it isn't one human being making these decisions as Oda's assistants and editors have input in One Piece.

So the extent of what Oda's original direction with Carrot was isn't known AFAIK.

But yeah, I understand One Piece is a story hence why Oda can bring back Pedro if wanted or regulate Carrot to ruler duty.

I have come to the conclusion that Caribou should not join the crew.
Why ruin such a goated character with this lame ass crew to begin with, the 10th spot should be reserved for lame retconned jobbers like Vivi, Yamato, Bellamy or whomever (not Pedro because Pedro is dead, and he’s not retconned but a one of a kind jobber character who ”sacrificed” himself with a 1 week lifespan left)

Caribou has bigger plans for his future than following a loser like Goofy, you can‘t really work under someone who’s inferior to you it just never made sense. After Caribou saved the raid this how these strawhat bozos repay him? Despicable. They will regret this soon and realize the consequences of messing with someone of Caribou’s calibre.
Unlike the other irrelevant characters he still has some sideplots going for him, he doesn’t need to join the crew to get ample screentime.

Sorry Waribou bros this is the end of the line for me, I don’t want to see one of my favorite characters ruined.
:josad:

I have come to the conclusion that Caribou should not join the crew.
Why ruin such a goated character with this lame ass crew to begin with, the 10th spot should be reserved for lame retconned jobbers like Vivi, Yamato, Bellamy or whomever (not Pedro because Pedro is dead, and he’s not retconned but a one of a kind jobber character who ”sacrificed” himself with a 1 week lifespan left)

Caribou has bigger plans for his future than following a loser like Goofy, you can‘t really work under someone who’s inferior to you it just never made sense. After Caribou saved the raid this how these strawhat bozos repay him? Despicable. They will regret this soon and realize the consequences of messing with someone of Caribou’s calibre.
Unlike the other irrelevant characters he still has some sideplots going for him, he doesn’t need to join the crew to get ample screentime.

Sorry Waribou bros this is the end of the line for me, I don’t want to see one of my favorite characters ruined.
:josad:
He won't be ruined to me if he join cus he always goin have that creepy Vibe that make you think he a traitor and not 100 loyal like the other shrawhats that will spice up the crew when you think he didn't do it he did when you think he did he didn't the complex will be fire :finally: