Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Okay, this chapter seals it for me. Vegapunk is joining the crew. That was a strawhat dream declaration if I've ever seen one. He's not the candidate I wanted, but he's the one we're getting. It's fine if ya'll aren't ready to jump on board the train yet, but anyone discounting him completely at this point simply has an agenda against him.
But, would it be Stella or any of the Vegabots who share his dream? I personally don’t buy it. I think he’ll go to the revs but I wouldn’t hate if Shaka or Lillith sailed for a bit

Vegapunk… look, I can see it. But maybe it’s just the aftermath of Wano and Yamato, but it’s too on the nose for me. I’m seeing a twist coming. This chapter was like a speedrun of making a Strawhat, it was too easy.

Tbh I’m more thinking he’ll die and pass his dream on to the satellites.
To me it sounds like he’ll just be a tag along like Law, Kinemon and Momo until they get to elbaf

Doubt Vegapunk is joining... He's like Yamato but more on brains instead of power... He could've been a perfect candidate if Yamato joined since he fits the "3rd regional recruit" pattern and that he's the most sensible "power balancer" (being physically weak) that isn't a "downgrade" because of his "brains"...
Not with a dream like that. It's a strawhat dream if there ever was one, and it's intrinsically tied to Robin's dream.
But, would it be Stella or any of the Vegabots who share his dream? I personally don’t buy it. I think he’ll go to the revs but I wouldn’t hate if Shaka or Lillith sailed for a bit
Why would he go with the revs when his dream requires Laugh Tale? Assuming that's where the truth of the ancient kingdom is, as many do because of Robin, Vegapunk needs to be on the pirate king's crew to achieve his dream. Vegapunk even fits the mold of his dream and fighting style being tied to his role.
Vegapunk… look, I can see it. But maybe it’s just the aftermath of Wano and Yamato, but it’s too on the nose for me. I’m seeing a twist coming. This chapter was like a speedrun of making a Strawhat, it was too easy.

Tbh I’m more thinking he’ll die and pass his dream on to the satellites.
I'm definitely including Lilith or Shakka when I say Vegapunk. Could be the original, could be some form of the alts, could be all of them and Vegapunk fights like Pain from Naruto. But some form of Vegapunk is joining for sure. As far as being too fast, many Strawhats had a role and a dream 2 or 3 chapters after being introduced. We just had a lot of candidates who weren't perfect lately so we ended up with a lot of "it doesn't have to happen right away" arguments. He does still need a flash back and a villain for Luffy to defeat, which may not be Lucci.

Not with a dream like that. It's a strawhat dream if there ever was one, and it's intrinsically tied to Robin's dream.

Why would he go with the revs when his dream requires Laugh Tale? Assuming that's where the truth of the ancient kingdom is, as many do because of Robin, Vegapunk needs to be on the pirate king's crew to achieve his dream. Vegapunk even fits the mold of his dream and fighting style being tied to his role.

I'm definitely including Lilith or Shakka when I say Vegapunk. Could be the original, could be some form of the alts, could be all of them and Vegapunk fights like Pain from Naruto. But some form of Vegapunk is joining for sure. As far as being too fast, many Strawhats had a role and a dream 2 or 3 chapters after being introduced. We just had a lot of candidates who weren't perfect lately so we ended up with a lot of "it doesn't have to happen right away" arguments. He does still need a flash back and a villain for Luffy to defeat, which may not be Lucci.
His dream requires the knowledge in Elbaf imo. I doubt the answer is in Raftel as I assume the ancient kingdom has been gone for so long the power source has run out or has been stolen.

The reason being? I'll wait for your response about headcannon gatekeeping.

Let me guess, he's too old, or no former marines allowed in the strawhats, or he can't join because his dream is too close to Robin's
Because you're basing it on the fact he has an ambition, which most OP characters have. That's insuficient.

As for the arguments against, yes the age matters a lot, it doesn't gell with the crew at all, not to mention the similarities with Franky not Robbin because he's basically an upgrade from Franky., you in beforing those arguments don't make them less valid.

Not to mention all the things with his other avatars, his DF or the fact he can still just be unironically evil

Because you're basing it on the fact he has an ambition, which most OP characters have. That's insuficient.

As for the arguments against, yes the age matters a lot, it doesn't gell with the crew at all, not to mention the similarities with Franky not Robbin because he's basically an upgrade from Franky., you in beforing those arguments don't make them less valid.

Not to mention all the things with his other avatars, his DF or the fact he can still just be unironically evil
Not an ambition, a dream. It's literally the title of the chapter. And this is a dream that requires laugh tale. And you're strawmanning by saying that's the only reason for Vegapunk for nakama.

Jinbei is older too, doesn't matter. Headcannon gatekeeping, just like I said. Show me where Oda said there's an age limit for the strawhats.

You have no idea what similarities he might have to Franky since he was introduced 2 chapters ago. More headcannon gatekeeping, just like I said.

Bro i don't really care if you wanna jump on that train go for it.

But don't do this "headcanon gatekeeping" meme you're forcing since noone says that about Pedro or King fans or whoever

Bro i don't really care if you wanna jump on that train go for it.

But don't do this "headcanon gatekeeping" meme you're forcing since noone says that about Pedro or King fans or whoever
It's not a meme, it's what you're doing. Every time a nakama candidate gets brought up, people make up new rules to try and "prove" they can't join, or make assumptions about what they can or will do and pretend it's evidence. Nothing you just said is backed up by panels or interviews.

If you don't want to discuss it, then don't comment on it. You're the one who chose to join the discussion:kayneshrug:

Also I don't say the same thing to Pedro and King fans because I don't consider them worth engaging with, but the same thing applies even more to them.

Last edited: