Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this is an L chapter or a W chapter for me

Lucci obviously neg diffed and mentally scarred from the ass beating

Oda gave him an awakening and made Luffy use G5

Guess I'll concede that Lucci is definitely a high commander at least
Post automatically merged:

No.

Because strength is but one part of appreciation.

I thought his one punch would be the beautiful climax of Bellamy's arc to that point; a fitting conclusion, a baptism by punch before he set off on his own journey of self discovery; unburdened by the strings he sought freedom from :catsweat:

And then Oda sent him on that journey; rudderless and alone but bound by no man :catsweat:

Without fear in the sea where "the great wave" that would engulf the word will rise at it's worst; with faith he'll rise above, spot or no spot on the ship of a man unworthy of his dedication :catsweat:

Crafting the unbreakable symbol of the dream of the man he once mocked, the flag that will fly on the ship that'll succeed The Oro Jackson's grand voyage; the sign that will stamp safety on all who bear it, no longer a vengeful bullet and destroyer of dreams :catsweat:

A man; once a captain in another's accord and then a tool but with a pirate's heart amidst his misdirection :catsweat:

A man; pirate or no pirate, a flag crafter, continuing where other's would have wasted the third chance at a life well lived :catsweat:

A man; a fool and a friend to his crew, carrying a cross in memory of what he lost and not letting their life's be in vain :catsweat:

A man; a fool and a friend to Monkey D. Luffy, a bond with no strings, a bond built on respect, on passion, on ego set-aside and an openness to change, a bond between men :catsweat:

That said I did think he'd get a second shot at Dellinger :catcry:
are you a poet?

They are considered guidelines. Shit that others have used before which we have agreed "works". Those are what we call tropes. All writers use them to some extent. But you could write some weird, experimental shit with none of it and nobody could say is objectively wrong.

To clarify, we usually agree on what's bad writing and good writing. But when we talk about objectivity, we are talking about hard facts. Those type of things do not exist when it comes to telling a story. Math is objective reality. Medicine relies on objective biology. Writing is art, and art is subjective.
Objective metrics isn't based on "hard facts". They are rules and definitions. Definitions and rules aren't facts. Writing in the most fundamental sense must have some guidelines and rules hence they do have objective metrics. You can't claim Luffy picking his nose last chapter is foreshadowing because foreshadowing has specific rules and "guide lines" that must be followed for it to be foreshadowing. So yes, there are objective metrics that can be used to judge writing. Whether you enjoy that writing is subjective but to say something is foreshadowing when it isn't is not subjective but objective.

Also Akainu once again saving Kizaru from suicide lmao

Admiral fans really just can't catch a break, Oda has made it his mission to make them look as bad as possible

Objective metrics isn't based on "hard facts". They are rules and definitions. Definitions and rules aren't facts. Writing in the most fundamental sense must have some guidelines and rules hence they do have objective metrics. You can't claim Luffy picking his nose last chapter is foreshadowing because foreshadowing has specific rules and "guide lines" that must be followed for it to be foreshadowing. So yes, there are objective metrics that can be used to judge writing. Whether you enjoy that writing is subjective but to say something is foreshadowing when it isn't is not subjective but objective.
Definition of Objective: not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

My impression is that it's a lot like that spoiler with Sanji breaking his leg on Seraphim Jinbe not too long ago

The core of the chapter is real (Straw Hats fighting Jinbe, Luffy fighting Lucci in this case) but stuff like Lucci being scared, Akainu blocking Kizaru the exact same way he did back during Wano, Lucci being completely knocked out and telling his allies he wants to leave are embellishments added for the sake of discussion.

I'm definitely looking forward to the raws though as this can be spicy either way
:shocking:
I think you quoted the wrong person lol.

Ledon has been hinting that something in there isn't real.
I think gear 5 for Lucci is too much but tom and jerry thing fits right there cuz Nika can modulate his sixe to look like Jerry while Lucci being a cat is like Tom. If this is true, my childhood has been revisited. :noo:
Post automatically merged:

Oda has ruined all Luffy's fights going forward if it's gonna be pure looney tunes.
Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.