Spoiler One Piece Chapter 1069 Spoilers Discussion

Who will fight Kizaru ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All he gave him is a small cheek injury after Kizaru was offguard lol

That's like Jozu bleeding Aokiji's lip after his sneak attack
Only difference is it was a warning shot not a named attack from Rayleigh without using Ryou much less advCoC

Nothing stopping Rayleigh from using AdvCoC and taking Kizarus head clean off right there besides Rayleighs own mercy

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Those are feats
Nope. Portrayal is what the story is trying to tell us outside of the actual combat. For example
feats: Lucci was matching pre ts G2 Luffy, he would get outclasses by G4, negged by G5.
Portrayal: Lucci is a lot stronger, he’s a CP0 agent and is a threat to the SHs.
Portrayal will always reign supreme because Oda plays loose with his power system. I know you now this because if let’s say next arc Oda decided to have Luffy and Kid fight, do you honestly believe Oda would draw Kid being washed by G5? I know you don’t believe that
Bro, I know my shit. I understand what you're saying. The portrayal isn't just hyped statements or a character's status in a story/random descriptions/group photos. Portrayal constitutes everything from the kind of clothes a character wears to the importance of the role it plays. We just use the terms "feats" and "portrayal" separately to create a distinction b/w the character's role and its feats in fights for convenience's sake. A character's feats are also a part of its portrayal.

The supreme thing in a story isn't portrayal, it's the plot. Portrayal always follows feats generally speaking. Feats are only compromised for plot reasons, not for portrayal. Lucci is relevant to the story rn. So plot demands that he should be able to hold off Luffy. So Oda made Lucci good enough to keep up with Luffy by giving him an awakening. He did something to justify Lucci's performance.

He did not just make a pre-skip Lucci match Luffy and then call it portrayal. A big part of the reason why Lucci was able to do what he did is that his raw fighting skills were as good as Luffy's even before TS. The same logic should apply to Law and Kid too. If they don't have the abilities that allow them to keep up with Luffy, then they can't do it unless Oda gives them those abilities.

@ShishioIsBack no one huffs from talking in OP, maybe shouting.
Rayleigh was on the backfoot and barely keeping up

Only difference is it was a warning shot not a named attack from Rayleigh without using Ryou much less advCoC

Nothing stopping Rayleigh from using AdvCoC and taking Kizarus head clean off right there besides Rayleighs own mercy
Not sure Ray agrees lol, he was desperate to help the SHs.
The fact is Kizaru totally ignores him and gives him a free shot, this is the best he could do

@ShishioIsBack no one huffs from talking in OP, maybe shouting.
Rayleigh was on the backfoot and barely keeping up

Not sure Ray agrees lol, he was desperate to help the SHs.
The fact is Kizaru totally ignores him and gives him a free shot, this is the best he could do
Thats not back foot lol
He's defending
Do you want me to show you panels of Rayleigh on offense

Talking during combat while you are stressing can cause you to huff
It was a high level battle.

Guys in my opinion now luffy is almost always in NIKA mode so it doesn't make sense to say "he activated the Gear 5 against Lucci".

In recent chapters, it is clearly seen that in the panels luffy shows the silhouette of Nika while discussing with the other characters. (Cloud of steam, cartoonish expressions etc.)

AND PLEASE STOP comparing the strength of characters by saying for example "If that character challenged that other character who lost against that other character then he is more ....(stronger / faster / better uses that certain type of haki etc.) of the other character".

These are truly childish and stupid comments that make the fanbase a truly toxic environment.

In this chapter we finally talk about the story of the fruits and people focus on saying "That character is stronger than another character because (.......) <-- fill the space with the stupidest thing that you comes to mind

Status
Not open for further replies.