Controversial Is Messi undisputed goat now?

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The debate will be eternal with Pèle and Maradona for numerous reasons

But now if someone says that Messi is the goat the claim cannot be disputed anymore

It’s a matter of preference or eras or social impact etc

Messi earned the right to be called goat

The debate will be eternal with Pèle and Maradona for numerous reasons

But now if someone says that Messi is the goat the claim cannot be disputanymore.

It’s a matter of preference or eras or social impact etc

Messi earned the right to be called goat
Seriously, what maradona does better than messi? Messi is more comeplete maradona, maradona only had WC over him and now thats also gone.
Pele i understand but Maradona really i dont get it how u can have him over messi

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Seriously, what maradona does better than messi? Messi is more comeplete maradona, maradona only had WC over him and now thats also gone.
Pele i understand but Maradona really i dont get it how u can have him over messi
It’s complicated

Objectively Messi has more goals, stats, titles etc. But the impact Maradona had in his time, the social side of his quest, the legend around him I think it cannot be surpassed that easily. Even the bad side of Maradona is legend.

One week ago if you had told me Messi was above Maradona Id told you to fuck off now if you say so I tell you that I can’t disput your claim and that I understand and it’s ok.

But if someone is saying Maradona is greater I’m telling him that I can understand too

It’s complicated

Objectively Messi has more goals, stats, titles etc. But the impact Maradona had in his time, the social side of his quest, the legend around him I think it cannot be surpassed that easily. Even the bad side of Maradona is legend.

One week ago if you had told me Messi was above Maradona Id told you to fuck off now if you say so I tell you that I can’t disput your claim and that I understand and it’s ok.

But if someone is saying Maradona is greater I’m telling him that I can understand too
A lot of Maradona´s legend has either nothing to do with football or at least not do with his skills and capabilities

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
We have to remember that Pèle was made a national treasure in his country and he was forced to stay in Brazil. The guy couldn’t leave the country lol
A lot of Maradona´s legend has either nothing to do with football or at least not do with his skills and capabilities
Legend is legend

Obviously Messi is very likely a better player. But the narrative, the emotion, the legend is not only your football skills it’s everything.

We have to remember that Pèle was made a national treasure in his country and he was forced to stay in Brazil. The guy couldn’t leave the country lol

Legend is legend

Obviously Messi is very likely a better player. But the narrative, the emotion, the legend is not only your football skills it’s everything.
Lol no, of course it is about skills and what you have shown on the pitch because thats the thing the player can control.
Narrative is external circumstances, media and so on, emotion is superficial.

Messi was never the polarizing figure Maradona was, or provoked like Ronaldo with stupid antics, he just delivered impossible feats from day one.
Everything else is just noise people who have nothing else to do projecting onto the game.