Spoiler One Piece Chapter 979 Spoilers Discussion

Who Would Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
These spoilers are unbelievably early. I'm just going to dump my thoughts since I probably won't have any for the rest of the week.

It's a very interesting dynamic that Kaido has a crew so hungry to ascend the ladder. Blackbeard has 10 captains, Whitebeard has 16 commanders, so it's really way too many spots to see intense competition like this. But the BP only have three All-Stars up for grabs. The Big Mom pirates do too but they are family and generally the Veterans are very old. You can't really imagine Oven or Perospero being so eager to take over Snack's position since Snack is a 25 year old guy while these guys have had twice his lifetime to take over his post. With Peros having a higher bounty than Snack, he may have already been in those shoes.

These guys are a pack of animals fighting for their place in the hierarchy. A younger crew with a lot more energy. For that reason, I expect they're all Zoans. Because Oda made a design choice to give both the All-Stars and the Tobi Roppo the Ancient Zoan powers, the gap between them is smaller than it appears. Page One could have easily been a regular Zoan to mark a clear line between the ranks as there is between Kaido and the calamities.

This exchange really solidified it. Tobi Roppo gather for the first time in who knows how long, probably since the last Fire Festival, and their topic of interest is who is getting promoted. Sasaki assumed Page One is dropping out because he humiliated himself (resulting in Ulti's WHAT?!) and asks Drake to do the same. He's taking about his membership in the Tobi Roppo, saying "I have no interest" isn't good enough. Why are you even a Tobi Roppo if you aren't interested in getting promoted? That's the entire reason this club exists. Just go back to being a regular Headliner, Drake. Page One still has high hopes for himself.

Fascinating that Who's Who and Sasaki had their own crews back in the day. They are much less willing to bend the knee. We know Yonkos absorb or ally with subordinate New World pirates, but it must be very rare to get such powerful recruits like those two. They must have been super rookies back in their day. Because of that, inflated bounties above 600 million should be expected. You can't really argue they stay home all day like Oven or Daifuku, who have no real interest in making names for themselves. They all look so young too, a match for 28 year old Jack. Certainly absent in Wano 20 years ago. Kaido wants to show them off since Big Mom has likely never even heard of these recent additions.

isnt this seems to be too convenient? not only the beast pirates weaken themselves first by fighting againts each other, Kanjuro who was supposedly bring Momo to Onigashima suddenly make a U turn and goes back to mainland:okay: literally Oda can pull anything in the alliance's favour to make this war end once and for all in Onigashima.
That’s obvious from a storywriting point of view that the alliance is gonna get their ass handed to them

You think the fights are gonna get interrupted ?

Or no one is gonna find Kaido’s son ?
Onigashima is huge. Even tiny monuments dwarf Large Ships. It's size on sq area is probably between 15 to 30 thousand sqkm taking in account all mountains and rural parts of the island. So for strawhats and co to reach where Kaido is will take long. Sanji himself mentioned, Kaido's castle is farer then we thought.

So Oda has enough time to have some fights and character development for the yonko alliance

Cyrus the Cactus

Mihawk Reigns Supreme
Turns out Kaido's son is Zoro's brother. Once Kaido killed the Shimotsuki clan, he kept Zoro's mother and made her have a child with him lul.

You'll see, same face, just with Horns and different hair or some shit

You WATCH
That would mean Kaido Jr. is 18 at the oldest, since that's when Shimotsuki Ushimaru died :smithnie:

These spoilers are unbelievably early. I'm just going to dump my thoughts since I probably won't have any for the rest of the week.

It's a very interesting dynamic that Kaido has a crew so hungry to ascend the ladder. Blackbeard has 10 captains, Whitebeard has 16 commanders, so it's really way too many spots to see intense competition like this. But the BP only have three All-Stars up for grabs. The Big Mom pirates do too but they are family and generally the Veterans are very old. You can't really imagine Oven or Perospero being so eager to take over Snack's position since Snack is a 25 year old guy while these guys have had twice his lifetime to take over his post. With Peros having a higher bounty than Snack, he may have already been in those shoes.

These guys are a pack of animals fighting for their place in the hierarchy. A younger crew with a lot more energy. For that reason, I expect they're all Zoans. Because Oda made a design choice to give both the All-Stars and the Tobi Roppo the Ancient Zoan powers, the gap between them is smaller than it appears. Page One could have easily been a regular Zoan to mark a clear line between the ranks as there is between Kaido and the calamities.

This exchange really solidified it. Tobi Roppo gather for the first time in who knows how long, probably since the last Fire Festival, and their topic of interest is who is getting promoted. Sasaki assumed Page One is dropping out because he humiliated himself (resulting in Ulti's WHAT?!) and asks Drake to do the same. He's taking about his membership in the Tobi Roppo, saying "I have no interest" isn't good enough. Why are you even a Tobi Roppo if you aren't interested in getting promoted? That's the entire reason this club exists. Just go back to being a regular Headliner, Drake. Page One still has high hopes for himself.

Fascinating that Who's Who and Sasaki had their own crews back in the day. They are much less willing to bend the knee. We know Yonkos absorb or ally with subordinate New World pirates, but it must be very rare to get such powerful recruits like those two. They must have been super rookies back in their day. Because of that, inflated bounties above 600 million should be expected. You can't really argue they stay home all day like Oven or Daifuku, who have no real interest in making names for themselves. They all look so young too, a match for 28 year old Jack. Certainly absent in Wano 20 years ago. Kaido wants to show them off since Big Mom has likely never even heard of these recent additions.
Took the words right out my mouth. Very well said. I really like this revelation. The problem with the One Piece world is that all these rankings are super calcified and static, and the Supernovas seem like the only dynamic part of the whole damn manga. In fact, that was part of Law's speech in PH. That everyone is waiting around for something. Now THIS is "dog eat dog", or rather "lizard eat lizard". And it makes perfect sense given the brutality and primal nature of Kaido's kingdom. VIZ's "Animal Kingdom" pirates name now is ever so fitting.

Today I was listening to Pink Floyd's "Dogs" all day from their "Animals" album, and now we get these spoilers. Funny coincidence. The song goes on and on about these businessmen trying to climb the corporate ladder, and stabbing each other in the back and being ruthless just to get further ahead. Given Japan's corporate culture, I wouldn't be surprised if Oda drew a little bit of inspiration from that. Toriyama based Frieza and his army on Real Estate speculators during Japan's recession in the 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.