One Piece Chapter 1070: The Most Powerful Beings

Rate Chapter

• Total voters
Why are people overhyping smoker?

He is a good character, power wise he is not relevant.
Because he is good from all sides. He's a good character and a good person. He has an interesting design and power. His strength has a lot to grow, and he stated that he strives to become better. He is very important to the plot. Luffy promised him a battle. Now is just the time for Smoker to start doubting again. What he sees and learns can greatly affect him. It develops along the course of the plot, and yes, it is such characters that deserve a hype.

Because he is good from all sides. He's a good character and a good person. He has an interesting design and power. His strength has a lot to grow, and he stated that he strives to become better. He is very important to the plot. Luffy promised him a battle. Now is just the time for Smoker to start doubting again. What he sees and learns can greatly affect him. It develops along the course of the plot, and yes, it is such characters that deserve a hype.
Oda likes to sideline characters, so donโ€™t get disappointed when Smoker shows up, gets beaten by Luffy (blame the Plot Armor) and becomes irrelevant again for another decade.

โ€ฆHas it really been that long? Ugh. :goatasure:

Oda likes to sideline characters, so donโ€™t get disappointed when Smoker shows up, gets beaten by Luffy (blame the Plot Armor) and becomes irrelevant again for another decade.

โ€ฆHas it really been that long? Ugh. :goatasure:

I don't think it will be like that.
Anyway, I've been waiting for him for years, and I still haven't seen him. Why are you setting me up in advance that I won't see him again? First you need to wait for his appearance.

I don't think it will be like that.
Anyway, I've been waiting for him for years, and I still haven't seen him. Why are you setting me up in advance that I won't see him again? First you need to wait for his appearance.
Never said again. A decade isnโ€™t an eternity (although it feels like one).

I know how Odaโ€™s writing is. A lot of characters in the series havenโ€™t been seen in 5-10+ years and if they have then they havenโ€™t played much of a role.

Weโ€™re still waiting for Vivi to appear again, which could be 2-3 years from now speaking bluntly. Itโ€™d be nice if we could see her again this upcoming year though.

Never said again. A decade isnโ€™t an eternity (although it feels like one).

I know how Odaโ€™s writing is. A lot of characters in the series havenโ€™t been seen in 5-10+ years and if they have then they havenโ€™t played much of a role.

Weโ€™re still waiting for Vivi to appear again, which could be 2-3 years from now speaking bluntly. Itโ€™d be nice if we could see her again this upcoming year though.
Unlike Vivi, Smoker appeared in almost every arc. Smoker and Tashigi are the characters who appeared most often (except strawhats). For a long time they did not appear in the plot, because it was LOGICAL. This is the ONLY real break for which there were reasons. Luffy and the team were in a closed country, while Smoker was most likely improving his skills (this is one of the reasons for the hype). Oda shouldn't have shown it. It didn't just make no sense, it would have ruined everything. In the manga very little time has passed since Luffy last saw Smoker. And Luffy promised a battle the next time they met. This is already more than enough. Smoker always followed Luffy. It's not that Oda doesn't care about him.
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Oda will ruin everything. After all, now even strawhats do not receive proper attention. In any case, I don't see any point in comparing Smoker with other characters who were represented in a small number of arcs.

Erm, ... I just notived that Lilith is also missing from the Labo-room. I think she and Shaka are gone together. I would not wonder if the two split up to do things that must be done. She could warn Zoro and Brook for example and then go and get the Vega Force into operation.

It's good that the Seraphims are still children. A grown-up, tanned, fiery angel version of Hancock would be too much.

But if the Seraphims can become the most powerful beings, they must actually be destroyed in the foreseeable future. S-Hawk in particular could become the strongest character in a few years.

Nope, all that has to be done is remove the control chip, then let them live as normal children
But if the Seraphims can become the most powerful beings, they must actually be destroyed in the foreseeable future. S-Hawk in particular could become the strongest character in a few years.
Same dilemma as in DBZ with the bombs within 17 & 18. They could turn out alright without the control chip but there are absolutely no guarantees, might even be individual with some turning rogues and others well.